Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 03-11-17, 11:59 PM   #4174
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

OK, most of yesterday evening between other chores, editing the Terrain file around Truk Lagoon, ala the Carotio Truk Mod, then editing of all the layers that ply the waters there, and what came of it? Well, my first test was fine... other than an audio glitch. My 2nd test was also OK, but the audio glitch again. I cannot get the glitch consistently. Also, I was starting the test single mission at 0600, the time frame when a few of the others have encountered issues. You can't quite see things in the early morning light though, so I moved the time to 0715 hundred hours... Very strange. I'm still waiting on the video to finish uploading...

In the meantime, The date of this occurrence is April 27,1943. That's the 42b Layers. There are five Convoy groups that can run through Truk, and three Task Force groups. Plus a sub hunter group and a couple of coastal vessels are around... Merch group 001 has a mix of vessels totaling nine, including a transport, DE, DD and corvette. 023 is similar, as is 028, though 028 has 10 vessels. Then there is the two Fast Merchant groups that both go through there with ninie vessels each. Almost all of these have vessel spacing set to 700 meters, 2 columns. All told, in the approx 240 days of the 42b "cycle", there could be 38 of these groups out and running, which would work out to one every six days. The Task Force groups have more ships, with 001 having 28, 007 having 20, and 009 having 17. The 009 group has been edited by us previously for issues elsewhere (up along the Japanese Islands' coastline). It is not a suspect in this, since it has a CVE 100% of the time, and there's no carriers seen. All told, there could be 25 groups out and running, amounting to about one group every nine and a half days.

Doesn't sound like much, but some of these groups come into Truk and do a "Stop-and-Go" technique... This causes a traffic jam in the confined spaces of Truk Lagoon apparently - there's my video...

We're going to have to really look closely at that around Truk, because this ain't cool... - Interesting to have a DD broken in two, hanging mid-air and on fire... then there's the spotlight suspended also... The fun continues. This would go a long way to explaining the CTDs in the area... If you happen to wonder why there's no land masses close by, it's because of zooming around without benefit of a sub nearby. I couldn't get close this time, 'cause it would CTD...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote