propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
They used dark green alright.

========

Propbeanie, I know you've been going through the Campaign missions, have you noticed that when you run the Mission Editor, under the "Mission" menu there's the "Validate Mission" heading. This will usually show you errors when objects are too close together. I couldn't help to notice the other day that the US_NavalBases.mis file is full of ships that are too close together. I don't remember if the same is true for aircraft (or if the Validate Mission even looks at aircraft) but, don't you think when the game warns you there's problems....there may be problems when the game runs the mission?
Well, according to a highly placed older modder (and we all know we can trust those "older" modders - tic ), the "close", but next to each other with a docked ship does not matter. You will get a warning - but ~not~ an error, but so long as that "DeleteOnLastWaypoint=false" and the "DockedShip=true" are set, it matters little. All you have to do is go back in and make sure that they aren't so close together as to be screaching and-a squalling with the "ship collision" sound, which can be a bother. You might also notice a similar number of "No Waypoint Set" messages, though there aren't as many of those as there used to be... This is mostly around Pearl Harbor, but there are a few other locations like that. As for the airplanes, the "minimum" distance apart in a group shows to be 300 meters, so if I make a group, I set them to 301. They are spread out quite a bit like that. Some of the groups in the Stock and FotRS original versions are "hand-crafted", and have not been "arranged". While airplanes in real life can do the Blue Angels maneuvers and not have a problem usually, in SH4 (and the others), I'm sure there is a collision detection at play that probably does influence their sometimes rather erratic behavior. As you found with that B24, just putting it 50 meters higher made all the difference. I've also found that increasing the speed on some of them helps them fly better, even if you are on the "high" end of their "spec" scale... My plan - "plan" I say - is to go in and get that Jap_HarborTraffic layer "set" a pinch more, then try another "split" to where it's like all the other files 41a, 42a, 42b, etc., and get rid of all the multiple spawns of vessels that park. That is what that "merged" spawn at Truk on the previous page is. That spawns and is "DockedShip=True". If it drifts, which it apparently did, then when the time comes to spawn another, it does, and there you have the weird "merge". So eliminate those, and then maybe by the time mid-44 hits, we won't have 24 of these, 38 of those, and 112 of them kinds of boats sittin' around, clogging the harbors and the computer's resources... Then, I wanna do the US_HarborTraffic layer...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote