View Single Post
Old 09-24-16, 02:21 PM   #2158
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
... Traveling at 12 knots I got a long range sonar contact reported to me by the crew. Slowed down to 10 knots, submerged to periscope depth and.....no sonar spike. My crew member on the surface at cruise speed can detect targets beyond my ability slowed and at periscope depth when I'm manning the equipment. That isn't right.

But I traveled in the direction reported by the sonar operator and did acquire the target later. Ran out of time and saved the game at that point...
That's what I've gotten all too often... CapnScurvy was gonna look into that, he had said, a few weeks ago... Now he's gone off-the-grid and out-of-country, both at the same time!... I sure hope he's having fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
... I sure hope we can get a handle on the 100 DD groups that spawn and metastasize until the game crashes. I hope the hunter-killer groups are not involved.

Keep those hunter-killers handy because I had a brainstorm for a supermod within a supermod...
... It's one of the ultimate uses of a simulator. "What if" this happened?
Oooh... scary... I had that idea too... did you put that forth a couple years ago here?... Anyway, I've got an idea for that also, and actually have a few groups already set to go. After the core is "set", I'll finalize the set I've got and put 'em up on the Not-so-secret repository of all things WIP...

In the meantime, team meeting in the PM room...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote