View Single Post
Old 08-25-16, 07:40 PM   #1567
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Yes my CPU was taking major hits there. I hadn't run Game Booster and I have a 3 core AMD chip. It was freaking out with all that action to keep up with. Actually the actual battle froze after five minutes so I truncated the video. I left some of the CPU freakout at the end because it looked really cool.

I will try to reshoot the sequence with the decks properly cleared to see if I can get a better video and do the video with the headset. That's a replay from the game where the game is saved with the record replay box checked. I don't know whether I've ever seen a video made from a game replay or not. How would you tell?
If you don't crop the video itself, you'll see the play bar at the bottom of the screen, instead of the command bar from in-game.

The playback of the game save I have is choppy also, but it lends an almost "authentic" look to the camera work, like the explosions are upsetting your camera platform. The one right at the end of your video, with all the explosions and then the camera freezes, you ought to leave a few seconds of that in there (the freeze, that is), because it's like the camera couldn't take the shock wave impact from the explosions, and the light streak from the video card not rendering completely does similar. "'Artsie' even, like, wow man"... (beatnik voice there, but more modern than Maynard G Krebs). On mine, there's a couple of spots where I'm zooming about with the free camera, trying to catch this that or the other, and I caught some shells whistling by. Very very cool... I think that's how I'll spend tomorrow morning while drinking my cuppajo, and do me some video editing...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote