Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-21-16, 08:04 AM   #1478
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Were the Japanese merchants surprised at the Aussie's torpedo attack cdrsubron7? I'll bet they wondered how they got the launcher to work...

Your screen grab does bring to light the problem with "sharing assets" in game between the antagonists. Would the Australians have painted their ships the same camo that the Japanese would have?...

On another note, I have discovered the "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service" re-enabling itself on both of my computers in Windows 7 64-bit. I have printer and document sharing turned on between my computers, but NOT music or video. Yet, somehow or other, Windows decides that I need the media sharing discovery turned on. On the big box, not so much of a big deal, but it might be what's keeping missions from completing. I'll go revisit that later today. On this little machine though, the WMP Network Sharing will gobble up 50% of the cpu, and 900 mb of swap file on the hard drive. Unacceptable. I've disabled it multiple times, yet it keeps getting re-enabled with Windows Update installs (I guess). I've Run "Services.msc" and set the Start-up behavior to "Disabled". We'll see how that goes. Just changing settings in the Network and Sharing Center for the Homegroup and Sharing Options doesn't seem to stick to what the user wants... With it turned off, my cpu will idle just fine at 1%-5%, hard drive at like 200mb. As soon as that sharing junk turns on, it's up to 50+% cpu, 900+mb hard drive. Unreal...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote