Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-13-16, 12:12 AM   #1232
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

I finally got around to editing the pictures from testing XTBilly's Jackrabbit neutering (well, maybe not *that* severe...):

First up, you can see the torpedo track as it's about to impact. Please pardon my poor line drawing "artwork" - after all, it is ~art~...

On this one, you can see that the DD is definitely getting up to speed, by the fact that the torpedo's water spout is still blooming, and half of the rest of the ship is already by it. They were originally at about 6-8 knots when I launched the torp:

notice that I figured out how to draw a straight line?... Just like gettin' water to boil... nothin' to it - sort of.
Not that it matters, but it was mortally wounded... I just wanna show the picture...

Someone mentioned that it bothered them that, no matter the circumstances, that a ship, when it breaks in two, the two halves always sink together. I thought they were nuts, until I started paying attention... This one looked like it was going to be the stern beating the bow down by several minutes or more, but "~no~", it bobbed around up top like a fishing cork, waiting for the bow to catch up to it. That took about five minutes, then they both did like fishing line corks, and bobbed about for another five minutes like a co-ordinated swim team, and then sank almost simultaneously... Weird.

Anyway, there you have it no bout a-doubt it - XTBilly's fix works. They can take off, they just don't have that 0-32 knots in less than 700 yards anymore.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote