Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 07-25-16, 07:46 PM   #904
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Mostly for Rockin Robbin's use, but for everyone's inspection, in the WIP folder in the top-secret super hush-hush shared area is "801_Crash_And_Creaks_Fix.7z" for your listening pleasure. All files are now "mono", single-channel, at 44.1kHz 16-bits, and less than 15 seconds long. The main suspect, Submarine_CrashDive_INT.wav, has been butchered to be less than 15 seconds, and uses all Maddy sounds in its mix. The four "Creak" files were suspects, but we never found any concrete evidence of their being bad, -BUT- if they were deleted from the Sound folder, it was much tougher to get "The Sound", and since they also don't "comply" with an "Emulate Stock" paradigm, they've also been cut to less than 15 seconds, and are also all Maddy sounds, and mixed. I really should qualify that "Maddy sounds" thang... "Sounds found in Maddy's works"... He may have borrowed them, going by the credits in his ReadMe file. Anyway, if this gets included in the next beta, great. If not, oh well, next one. What you've been listening to previous to this has been a mixing of "Stock" and "FotRS" sounds, which may end up in a Sound Mod later, which would end up being a "899_Greatest_Hits_of_the_Modders", or some such...

There will be another "fix" or "patch" coming with other files made to comply with "Emulate Stock". Later.

btw, RR, you can delete all reference to "The Sound" and the earlier "work" of mine from that Google drive area - or can I do it??... I'll just go check out how destructive I can be...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote