View Single Post
Old 07-14-16, 05:51 PM   #698
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Propbeanie, I've seen that reflection too in the Museum. I noticed it on at least one ship thinking "What's that"? It looked similar to your first image.....lurking just behind the ship, on the far side. If you ask me, its like they have the reflection reversed to what it should be. With the Museum giving you the ability to have a "Free Camera" now, after applying OC_Interiors Update, you can tell the reflection just isn't right. If its in the model, maybe just eliminating that piece would correct it. The Museum doesn't show how bad the reflection gets as the ship model sinks closer into the water.......yep, something stinkin' there! ...
"Backwards reflection" is what I'm thinking too. Wish I knew how to do that kind of stuff. Perhaps, since you mention the DD doing the strip tease, perhaps the whole German fleet is "infected" with something?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
... With all this info flying around about different aspects from the Project have we determined if the "Sound" comes from specific causes or is just a general nuisance? Was testing last night in a Sargo class sub out of Surabaya in January, '42 and was getting the sound quite regularly. The only thing that stopped it was going to TC.
TC is the only way to get rid of "The Sound", once you're afflicted. If you leave the "crash dive" wave file "as-is" from FotRS (all versions, and anything that copied what they had), then you will definitely encounter "The Sound" anytime after a crash dive and then using TC. That is the "main" trigger. But, the "Creaks" files also contribute. You can get "The Sound" after going below "Test Depth", but it's not as "consistent" in getting it. If you've changed the "crash dive" audio, "The Sound" might be a "Tick" instead. Two of the four files in that "Creaks" group are apparently too long. In both situations, TC plays a role. You'll also notice some sounds *never* come back after using TC. That is where I'm thinking the ~real~ issue is, in the executable for the game itself... If you apply the "Creaks-And_Crash_Fix" mod, almost all (*almost*) goes away. However, there are still other anomalies, and I have found a potential culprit in "stock" - though I find it hard to believe. I'm still in the middle of running that down. Toning down the over-exuberant crew and "fixing" some of the vernacular would be nice to get to, but is not necessary for the core mod. So far as I can tell, just rolling the "fix" mod in should take care of most issues that egregiously bruise the auditory senses... who said that?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
... and gently mix in Creaks-And_Crash_Fix.
Gently now, gently... remember, a watched pot never boils. Just a spoon full of sugar keeps the medicine away, the medicine away. Just a sp... wait, sorry, wrong movie - and wrong words! "helps the medicine go down"... Don't forget the ~LOVE~ RR... Hook the wires up to the neck, check the connections to the lightning arrestors... good... zzKa-ZAP!!! - "IT'S ALIVE! IT'S A~LIVE!!! Boo-ah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-peck View Post
Just thinking aloud here - but if anyone wants to pitch in any comments would be appreciated ... How do people feel about me using the blue/grey instead of the flat neutral grey for the hull? ...
I also like 'em both, and whichever way you decide, I vote that way also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-peck View Post
... make the mod that you want to play ... If others want to play it - that is a bonus ...I now really want to add the blue/grey as an extra ... I reckon this gives us just the right probability of seeing differing skins as the war progresses ... I have no hard facts to back this up but it feels right to me ... whilst making this I have seen a few ships in the museum appear with no texture at all! ...
You can uni-lateral the football if you want. I still vote as above, which is whichever way you wanna go... |;^) The variety you're offering is stunning, as are the models themselves. I ~REALLY~ must get The Museum going on my machines, so I can see this easier... I think I'll go all the way back to 1024x768 4:3 with "Low" settings, and see if I can get in..

Edit: I'm in! Now I'm torn as to what to attack next... eh, core mod Sound folder wave files (btw, that's "wave", as in "wav" files, for Windows Audio Video file format), then the Museum audio.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-14-16 at 06:29 PM. Reason: I'm in!... and an egregious historical error - forgive me Miss Poppins...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote