View Single Post
Old 11-26-12, 04:56 AM   #1042
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Apologies for the delay in answering. This problem is due to experiments with ship weight that I conducted before releasing the mod. To resolve the problem you can download S3ditor, go to the tankers' .sim files, click on the unit_ship tab, and reduce the object weight to about 10,000 tons or something similar.
The tankers, in their .sim files, all seem to have values of 11000 for the ship mass regardless of the displacement stated in their cfg files.
Much more serious is the fact that *some* of the tankers have values of 900000 for their surfaced displacement, in the same .sim file. This value should be set to zero (then the value from the cfg file will be used).

An interesting problem. I too noticed long ago that convoys containing IABL ships often came to a halt when the U-boat appeared on the scene. However, this problem only seemed to occur with ships in generic convoys (where ships are assigned randomly), and did not seem to occur with fully scripted convoys, where every ship in a convoy is exactly described. I had always assumed that this was due to a clash of IDs.

EDIT: In addition, AM01A has mass=0 (change it to 10000), AO01A and AO02A have surfaced displacement = 900000 (change to 0), likewise O01B and O02A have surfaced displacement = 900000. Again change to 0. All these values can be found in the SIM files of the ships.

Stiebler.

Last edited by Stiebler; 11-26-12 at 11:11 AM.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote