View Single Post
Old 06-08-11, 12:27 PM   #1452
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@complutum:

You cannot install a H.sie patch over the Stiebler patch, nor the other way round. But V15G will contain all the patches from the Hsie_Stiebler patch (with improvements by Hsie), so just be patient for a little longer.

@NGT:
Your proposals (that hull integrity affects player renown, and decides who should die and who should survive) are very good ones, but unfortunately difficult to implement.

@Hitman:
You made a proposal some time ago that weather conditions should affect the speed of convoys and individual ships. This was an excellent idea, but neither Hsie nor I have been able to discover the correct code!

I spent a long time trying to discover the correct code, and found that I could make ships and convoys run at quarter-speed in tests. There was just one problem: actually, it was the *reported* speeds that were one-quarter speed. It is no fun being chased by a destroyer when your UZO tells you that it is making 8 kts (and you are making 16 kts), but the lookouts tell you that the distance between the destroyer and the U-boat is closing fast!

So we have had to put your idea aside for a while.

Equally we still have no idea concerning how to tell if a U-boat is close to land (although we can detect its grid), which rules out some of your other suggestions for the present time. Including your suggestion about weather in the other Hsie weather thread, but answered here.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote