View Single Post
Old 02-17-11, 06:07 AM   #497
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Silentway III:

Many thanks for the feedback.

Could I suggest that a better strategy would be to remove sound files from NYGM in half-blocks at a time, rather than to reintroduce sound files from GWX? They might not be compatible with NYGM in any case.

By 'remove in half-blocks', I mean:
a) Remove a random half of the sound files from NYGM (perhaps the top half, for example). Then test with the XXI.
b) If the problem persists, restore the removed half, and remove the original half that you had not removed. Re-test.
c) Once you have found the defective half, then repeat the process, removing half at a time until you loate the defective quarter of sound files.
d) Then continue half-blocking until there remains only one defective file. That is the guilty file. THEN you can try replacing it with the original file from Stock SH3. If that is OK, try the corresponding GWX file.

[The above technique is a standard 'dictionary-search' procedure taken from Artificial Intelligence, and is VERY fast to locate a problem. But it will work only if there is just one defective sound file. It will not work if there are two or more defective files - especially if they interfere with one another. Of course, if you could be *sure* that there is only one defective sound file, it would not be necessary to continue to remove the files which did not cause a problem.]

And please let me know which is the guilty file!

Good luck!
Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote