Old 12-16-10, 06:15 AM   #714
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@H.sie:

To address a number of issues raised recently in this thread:

1. Buoyancy issue.
The NYGM buoyancy with XXIPump was created by Der Teddy Bar, whom I can still contact if necessary.
However, I have examined all the posts that DTB made on the subject of the 'Anti Humming Bird' mod, and it seems likely that a common mod for NYGM and GWX (and others) can be made simply as I have suggested earlier.
When silent running is selected (it seems to be toggled in SH3Sim.Act; that is where the switches are listed), then raise the value of 'Mass'. The value of zero in NYGM for mass means only that the surfaced displacement should be used.
Therefore, for a type VIIC, in NSS_Uboat7c.sim, NYGM has mass = 0 (therefore use surfaced displacement of 761 tons). GWX has mass = 760.8, which gives it a slight positive buoyancy. It seems that a value for mass of around 761.5-762 tons ought to cause a slow sinking, when silent running is selected.

2. The 4GB issue for SH3.exe.
There are two easy solutions to this.
a) Provide an extra patch to install the 4GB value in SH3 after installing the patches for V15D. (I think you have provided this previously.)
b) Provide two different check-sum values for sh3.exe with.without the 4 GB patch before installing V15d.

3. Co-operation with H.sie.
I am happy to confirm that H.sie has given me a lot of help with my work on adjusting windspeeds for the bad weather fix. Both in these threads and by PM. I hope he would agree that I have tried to give a lot back.
I know also from my own experiences with computer programming outside SH3 that, when someone asks for a 'co-operation', what that person really means is 'I will tell you what I want, and you can do all the work, while I give you lots of reasons why I cannot complete the share of the work that I promised.' Unfortunately, this does tend to make one suspicious of other people's motives.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote