View Single Post
Old 09-13-10, 03:01 PM   #27
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 4

Today I installed this mod:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174841
Now I tried to uninstall it to unlock an earlier mod on the list, but I can't. It gave me some error messages I've never seen before:

I clicked "Yes", and continued unsintalling, but soon I got another error message:

Now it seems I can't uninstall this mod, as it's locked with no way to unlock it. I tried installing the mod that generated the first error message, in hope that after uninstalling it the locked mod would unlock, but it didn't work.

The mod that causes troubles was made by modders from Russia. My theory is the errors are caused by some encoding issues - maybe there were some Cyrillic characters left in the mod folders' names or something like that.

Please help. And thank you.

EDIT: Vista Home 64 bit PL.

EDIT2:
My suspicion was correct - a Cyrillic character left by author in folder name caused the issue (the character looks exactly the same as Latin x, but has a different UTF-8 code number). I checked it by putting the folder name into my browser window. After I pressed Enter, the original name:
IO_Fix_MaskMap_for_TDW_4.3.0_1920х1080
was changed by my browser to
IO_Fix_MaskMap_for_TDW_4.3.0_1920%D1%851080

After I changed the original х to Latin x, and pasted
IO_Fix_MaskMap_for_TDW_4.3.0_1920x1080
into my browser window, the browser interpreted it as
IO_Fix_MaskMap_for_TDW_4.3.0_1920x1080
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to

Last edited by Abd_von_Mumit; 09-13-10 at 07:15 PM.
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote