SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Where to see how much HULL damage I've taken. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=217736)

Axolen 01-09-15 07:00 PM

Where to see how much HULL damage I've taken.

I recently had enough damage to the hull that I couldn't even go to parascope depth in Silent Hunter 4. I eventually figured out I had to go back to base and get a new sub, but I was wondering on where I can see this elusive HULL value so I know when I'm getting close to dying underwater?

Crannogman 01-09-15 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axolen (Post 2276479)
I recently had enough damage to the hull that I couldn't even go to parascope depth in Silent Hunter 4. I eventually figured out I had to go back to base and get a new sub, but I was wondering on where I can see this elusive HULL value so I know when I'm getting close to dying underwater?

On the damage control screen there's a number ticker in the upper left, tells you your percent bustication

Axolen 01-10-15 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crannogman (Post 2276489)
On the damage control screen there's a number ticker in the upper left, tells you your percent bustication

I've looked and looked over all the screens, especially that one and I can't find it. Not even in the spot you said. I have the STEAM version if that helps. Thank you for your help so far.

merc4ulfate 01-10-15 09:38 AM

Might want to try the original gameSUBSIM.COM it is like 15 dollars for both the original game and the uboat add on included ...

I have yet to see anything good come from over heated air.

Crannogman 01-10-15 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merc4ulfate (Post 2276659)
Might want to try the original gameSUBSIM.COM it is like 15 dollars for both the original game and the uboat add on included ...

I have yet to see anything good come from over heated air.

Mine is Steam as well

CapnScurvy 01-10-15 12:44 PM

Your Hull Damage should show on the SubSystems Page. This is what it looks like with SH4 version 1.4:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...pscd98b974.jpg

This is what it looks like with SH4 1.5:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...psea6a5c4c.jpg

Axolen 01-10-15 02:25 PM

[QUOTE=CapnScurvy;2276706]Your Hull Damage should show on the SubSystems Page. This is what it looks like with SH4 version 1.4:

Ya I don't even have that on mine and I knew it would be in that spot because it had the most blank space. I wonder why I didn't get it in my game... any ideas?

THanks for the reply!

CapnScurvy 01-10-15 03:22 PM

Quote:

I wonder why I didn't get it in my game... any ideas?
Sure do!

What's your version of the game?

Start the game, and tell us what the version states on the bottom right corner of the main menu screen of your game:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...psdc804f6a.jpg

Axolen 01-10-15 03:35 PM

V 1.3

CapnScurvy 01-10-15 03:52 PM

Yep, there's your reason.

At least get the patched version 1.4 for your game. Cost's nothing....get it from UbiSoft, or from the "Downloads" section here at SubSim.

Steam is screwing everyone into purchasing a poor version of SH4 when it gives you version 1.3!!! Then they act like they will do you a favor to offer the 1.5 U-Boat Missions AT AN EXTRA COST!!

SCREW THEM!!

Get a DVD "Gold Edition" version 1.5 at iNetVideo for under 20 dollars.... delivered (when I bought mine, it came in less than 5 days).

This is not a download!!

Axolen 01-10-15 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnScurvy (Post 2276768)
Yep, there's your reason.

At least get the patched version 1.4 for your game. Cost's nothing....get it from UbiSoft, or from the "Downloads" section here at SubSim.

Steam is screwing everyone into purchasing a poor version of SH4 when it gives you version 1.3!!! Then they act like they will do you a favor to offer the 1.5 U-Boat Missions AT AN EXTRA COST!!

SCREW THEM!!

Get a DVD "Gold Edition" version 1.5 at iNetVideo for under 20 dollars.... delivered.

Hey thanks guys, you've been a great help I'll look into getting it!

CapnScurvy 01-10-15 04:05 PM

You're welcome.

And, WELCOME TO SUBSIM AXOLEN!!

I wish gamers would ask before they leap into buying a download. They sometimes just aren't what they seem!

Crannogman 01-10-15 05:40 PM

Steam had a sale, $5 each for 1.4 and 1.5, but it may have ended a few days ago

CapnScurvy 01-10-15 06:31 PM

Steam's sale is worthless if you THINK your getting version 1.4 but end up with 1.3.

I've been to the Steam web site.....they don't tell you what version of the SH4 game your getting. They have two versions.....the original (which is obviously version 1.3 due to so many complaints players write into this forum about). Or, you can "upgrade" to the U-Boat Missions Addon version1.5, which costs extra, only after buying the original download.

Your buying crap even if it is 5 bucks!! Frustrated players (like Axolen) resort to finally asking why is my game doing this, or why can't my game do that? Simply because Steam sold them nothing but trouble with an inferior version of the game. In my opinion, deliberately forcing a player to upgrade for an extra cost. My verdict still stands....buy a DVD, and forget buying a download.

A download? You got nothing but air in your hand.
At least when you buy dog poop you've got something to hold.

Crannogman 01-10-15 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnScurvy (Post 2276795)
Steam's sale is worthless if you THINK your getting version 1.4 but end up with 1.3.

I've been to the Steam web site.....they don't tell you what version of the SH4 game your getting. They have two versions.....the original (which is obviously version 1.3 due to so many complaints players write into this forum about). Or, you can "upgrade" to the U-Boat Missions Addon version1.5, which costs extra, only after buying the original download.

Your buying crap even if it is 5 bucks!! Frustrated players (like Axolen) resort to finally asking why is my game doing this, or why can't my game do that? Simply because Steam sold them nothing but trouble with an inferior version of the game. In my opinion, deliberately forcing a player to upgrade for an extra cost. My verdict still stands....buy a DVD, and forget buying a download.

A download? You got nothing but air in your hand.
At least when you buy dog poop you've got something to hold.

O contrare mon frer; I got 1.4 when I DL it a few days ago; the upgrade was $5. Certainly you have something you can hold in your hand; I have a hard drive, and I can move and copy files.