SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   SH4 uboat bugs thread. (Read past the first post before posting replies) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131872)

Ragtag 03-02-08 02:23 AM

There are a few bugs reported here that i have never seen or managed to produce.
Try do a clean install. First SH4 then addon... no patches between. This way one can be sure there are no files left from mods or similar problems that may have occured.

LukeFF 03-02-08 03:30 AM

Type IX does 22 knots on the surface in a quick mission. The real thing could do only 19.2. Even after editing this in S3D I still was making 22 knots.

LukeFF 03-02-08 04:33 AM

More on the speed thing. This seems really screwed up. In the Type IX, tell the CE to set speed to, say, 15 knots, and the boat will run at 17. Tell the CE to set speed to 10 knots, he will acknowledge 10 knots, but the game sets it to 12.

Something here is just not right. I did not have any crewmen with special abilities to increase the submarine's speed. This problem does not exist with the American boats I have tried out.

LukeFF 03-02-08 04:40 AM

On another note, I just realized something with the voice acting: all of the crew models move their lips as if they were speaking in German, no matter if German or English crew voices are used. I guess this explains why it looks like the American crewmen make a guppy impression sometimes when they speak. :88)

Raptor1 03-02-08 04:44 AM

That just seems wrong, they didn't implement German voices but the animations are German? Someone in Ubi has spent too much underwater without surfacing...

LukeFF 03-02-08 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor1
That just seems wrong, they didn't implement German voices but the animations are German? Someone in Ubi has spent too much underwater without surfacing...

Yep, all of the lip movments are in German, even for the American crews.

Raptor1 03-02-08 04:48 AM

It's like they wanted to implement the German voices,
but decided being lazy halfway through and
not even fixing what they broke...

Like the Snorkel!

Captain von Keldunk 03-02-08 05:51 AM

KDB Hydrophone head bug

Hello
KDB hydrophone head 90deg off vertical and in wrong place

:rotfl: http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/22671f80ce/1094606.jpg

AOTD_MadMax 03-02-08 06:23 AM

This Addon is an big bug !

The german cruiser "Deutschland" comes without any sound and it seems that they have stolen this unit from Gerome, who modded this unit. :down:
Reason : They forgott the DSD.file of this unit.:huh:

I play 1.4 cause it is better.

In my eyes the producers of this addon are noobs, bloddy noobs.
The modders from this community got more knowledge as this nooby UBI-team.

Greets

Maddy

elanaiba 03-02-08 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOTD_MadMax
The german cruiser "Deutschland" comes without any sound and it seems that they have stolen this unit from Gerome, who modded this unit. :down:

Sir, that is a straight accusation. And the cruiser was made by our artists.

AOTD_MadMax 03-02-08 06:41 AM

Explain this :

Unit-folder of "Deutschland" called : NCA_Deutschland
Some files of this ship called NBC_GrafSpee_xxx and other files called NCA_Deutschland_xxx.

Normaly all files of an unit got same names. Why this unit an some other units of this addon got different name-files ?
Did your team didnt know where everyone is working on ?

This filename-structure is an example for this addon. In German we say " das ist absoluter Kuddelmuddel ".

The most modders here from this community didnt earn any money for their work and they produce much more better things as i ever seen from UBI and this modders didnt use kashmir for their work.
They work with small selfmade-tools.
Give them your kashmir-tool and you will see that SH4 grows up to an big nice subsim without this stupid bugs.

MFG

AOTD|MadMax

elanaiba 03-02-08 06:53 AM

The artist thought the ship as a battlecruiser -> NBC which is what it was designed as.

When I created the folder to put the ship in the game I used the real Kriegsmarine classification from 1940, of Heavy Cruiser -> CA -> NCA

I didn't change the dat file name since I wanted the artists not to be confused (too much). Also since the Graf Spee was long gone by the time the U-boat campaign starts, I thought it was more appropriate to use the class name of "Deustschland".

Sorry if this mixup of file names is disturbing to you.
A) it doesn't affect you as a player. The game takes place not in file explorer but in 3D graphics.
B) its not a proof that we stole the model from anyone, which of course we did NOT!

Again, i would be more careful before launching accusation like that in an open forum.

Penelope_Grey 03-02-08 06:57 AM

This must qualify as a bit of a bug.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...nny/freaky.jpg

THE_MASK 03-02-08 07:05 AM

Maybe we could have a thread titled Bugs fixed by modders . Modding is half the fun isnt it :lol:

AOTD_MadMax 03-02-08 07:08 AM

Hmm,

why did any artist of your team work out the Graf Spee for an szenario in Pacific ?
Didnt they know that the Spee was gone in december 1939 ?
Your explanation of this "Kuddelmuddel" doesnt make any sense to me ! Sorry for that.
I take a look to the 3Dmoddel and to the number of polygons of this unit.
After this i will see clearer.

Greets

AOTD|MadMax