SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL 1.5] Playable US Small Oiler (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=135892)

Mikhayl 04-27-08 08:36 AM

[REL 1.5] Playable US Small Oiler

edited

AVGWarhawk 04-27-08 08:43 AM

Neat idea!

Real USS Orion....subtender:

http://www.navysite.de/ships/as18.htm

Raptor1 04-27-08 09:04 AM

This is one of the most original mods I have ever seen :D

I wonder if a Minelayer could be made... (Anyone ever tried making Torpedoes with 0 speed?)

gimpy117 04-27-08 09:54 AM

nice....i think this would challenge the most seasoned players.

doing re-supply and insertion missions with only a deck gun and a flak gun or two is difficult....and staying alive when zeros and the like are on your tail is even more difficult. and just wait till you have a sub on your tail!

first one to get a kill with her gets a pat on the back !

and i guess there's no deck gun....could we have one?

andycaccia 04-27-08 09:59 AM

Cool! Now it's hard to run out of fuel with this...:rotfl:
Nice mod, really. if we only could create missions like "replenish subarine USS *submarine_name* (coordinates)".. maybe one day we will..:cool:

It's good to see how this game is getting better with all the mods this community is creating:up:

Good job boys, and THANKS!
Andycaccia

gimpy117 04-27-08 10:10 AM

any chance of an american BB (1.4?) or cruiser to counter the 1.5 panzershiffe?

lancerr 04-27-08 10:35 AM

Care to share?

Great job. Care to put together a tutorial on how you did this? I have some modelling skills and with the release of S3D, adding units seems a lot easier.

wetwarev7 04-27-08 10:54 AM

Good job! Nice change of pace! :up:

Captain von Keldunk 04-27-08 11:19 AM

Downloading now

Hello
With SH3, if you fired on non enemy ship you was enemy to that nation for 24H.
I wonder if same thing is true also for SH4, if so then German raider is possible.
You sail under false flag. say American then sink US ship. and run for 24H.
Maybe if you add a gun or two one can test it with this ship, what do you think
is it possible.:hmm: Hmmm i will test this with us sub ,sink us merchant and see what happens.:D

Raptor1 04-27-08 11:23 AM

It's a friggin Tanker, It's not supposed to shoot at anything...

John W. Hamm 04-27-08 12:22 PM

Man I gotta tell ys this is one of the coolest mods, thank you!!, I have a issue though... every time I try for an external viw it locks up my whole computer, not just the game. I have to reboot everytime.

Captain von Keldunk 04-27-08 12:57 PM

:D Hello
"commerce raider almost ready " good news:up: :up:
To Hamm i used external free cam and no problems.:D
Tried to run supplies to formosa but jap convoy sunkt The good ship Orion.:cry:

Xantrokoles 04-27-08 01:21 PM

I knewed there will come a Mikhayl Masterpiece!!

let me guess...you made had used some minutes building it and now it is a great bugfree mod:D

John W. Hamm 04-27-08 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikhayl
That's pretty strange, the cameras files I used is the stock one (I think, I have a lot of them :doh: ), the only change is the free deck view & some minor tweaks to the binoc. Try to disable the mod, delete the "library" folder, then re-enable and retry :hmm:

I can't explain it, it is in the Camera files, and I appear to be the only one with the problem, I did install your MOD last... at any rate I have a Camera .DAT file that I used to use before RFB1.5 beta came out(becuase it gave a more realistic view with bino's) and I put it after you Mod and it was smooth sailing!! so that is how I will use it. Thanks for an awesome Mod!!

BTW for everyone that is expieriancing having no crew with this mod, the pocket BB MOd, or the DD Mod, it is most likely because you have RFB in one version or another, at least I know RFB 1.5beta renames the crew files in a way that will cause this mod not to be able to find the crew.

Torps 04-27-08 02:57 PM

Nice

This is very nice man I have to give you major credit, very original!