SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Comments to SUBSIM Review (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   Goodies of the week! Subsim store and Amazon (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=125634)

Jimbuna 09-14-11 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onursoyturk (Post 1749295)
it's a good place...

Welcome Matey :sunny:

frau kaleun 09-26-11 04:35 PM

Ordered today: some Avery CD labels, a couple Beethoven books, a biography of Otto Kretschmer, a Blu-ray of symphonies 7-8-9 by you know who.

Penguin 10-05-11 05:59 PM

I bought a washing machine via the subsim link. :88)

Sailor Steve 10-05-11 06:05 PM

Umm...The Adventures of Superman, Season 2.

frau kaleun 10-08-11 01:02 PM

Tokyo String Quartet, Beethoven String Quartets Op 18 Nos 1-6 (CD)
Tokyo String Quartet, Beethoven Middle String Quartets (MP3 download)

I needed some moar muzik for mai chamberz. :O:

frau kaleun 10-10-11 06:42 PM

*sigh*

Beethoven, The Piano Concertos, Claudio Arrau (digital download)

You see what happens is, every time I buy a CD they give me a promotional credit towards an MP3 download. So what else can I do but go download something? :O:

Oh and they shipped me Terry Pratchett's new book "Snuff" today, but I preordered it ages ago. I'm pretty sure I used the Subsim linky to get there to make the preorder, but I don't know if stuff like that shows up when the order is placed or when it's shipped. I'm guessing when it's shipped because that's when they'd be charging me for it. :hmmm:

Onkel Neal 10-11-11 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1756426)
Ordered today: some Avery CD labels, a couple Beethoven books, a biography of Otto Kretschmer, a Blu-ray of symphonies 7-8-9 by you know who.

Yes, yes, and yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penguin (Post 1761703)
I bought a washing machine via the subsim link. :88)

I don't think so :timeout:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1761711)
Umm...The Adventures of Superman, Season 2.

Mightier than a locomotive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1763455)
Tokyo String Quartet, Beethoven String Quartets Op 18 Nos 1-6 (CD)
Tokyo String Quartet, Beethoven Middle String Quartets (MP3 download)

I needed some moar muzik for mai chamberz. :O:

http://images.publicradio.org/conten...ortrait_33.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1764816)
*sigh*

Oh and they shipped me Terry Pratchett's new book "Snuff" today, but I preordered it ages ago. I'm pretty sure I used the Subsim linky to get there to make the preorder, but I don't know if stuff like that shows up when the order is placed or when it's shipped. I'm guessing when it's shipped because that's when they'd be charging me for it. :hmmm:

Well, that never made the list, but you're probably right, the time between the order and shipment buggered the commssion. But that's ok.

Other notable orders through the Subsim store:

The Emperor's Coloured Coat: In Which Otto Prohaska, Hero of the Habsburg Empire, Has an Interesting Time While Not Quite Managing to Avert the First

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH20 14.1 MP Digital Camera with 8x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD

LA-CO Brite 23114 1 gallon Non-Toxic Regular Flux Liquid (for the Flux Capacitor, no doubt)

The End of America :shifty:

Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Handbook

And the CIA are now buying through Subsim!
Jane's Land-based Air Defence 2009-2010
Jane's Mines and Mine Clearance 2009-2010
Jane's Underwater Warfare Systems 2009-2010

Thanks and thanks again to all who use the Subsim search box to start yer Amazon shopping. It take a second and costs you nothing esxtra, but helps fund your website.

http://www.subsim.com/ssr/images/store.10.jpgSUBSIM AMAZON SEARCH BOX (the deluxe, shiny version) http://www.subsim.com/nucleus/media/...329-books1.jpg

frau kaleun 10-11-11 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1764943)

The Emperor's Coloured Coat

I wish I had never seen this, because I had to go look it up. Now I find it's from a series of novels I am probably going to have to order, if only because the titles are so awesome:

A Sailor of Austria: In which, without really intending to, Otto Prohaska becomes Official War Hero No. 27 of the Habsburg Empire

The Emperor’s Coloured Coat: In which Otto Prohaska, future hero of the Habsburg Empire, has an unexpectedly interesting time while not quite managing to avert the First World War

The Two-Headed Eagle: In which Otto Prohaska takes a break as the Habsburg Empire's leading U-Boat ace and does something even more thanklessly dangerous

Tomorrow the World: In which Otto Prohaska carries the Habsburg Empire's civilizing mission to the entirely unreceptive peoples of Africa and Oceania

Yep, definitely going on my wish list. :yep:

Herr-Berbunch 10-11-11 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1765080)
A Sailor of Austria: In which, without really intending to, Otto Prohaska listens to Beethoven's Official War Sonata No. 27

The Emperor’s Coloured Coat: In which Otto Prohaska, future hero of the Habsburg Empire, has an unexpectedly interesting time while listening to Beethoven

The Two-Headed Eagle: In which Otto Prohaska takes a break as the Habsburg Empire's leading U-Boat ace and does some listening to Beethoven

Tomorrow the World: In which Otto Prohaska carries the Habsburg Empire's civilizing Beethoven to the entirely unreceptive peoples of Africa and Oceania

Fixed :yeah:

Blimey Frau, you really go all out when you like something! :o

frau kaleun 10-11-11 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch (Post 1765123)
A Sailor of Austria: In which, without really intending to, Otto Prohaska listens to Beethoven's Official War Sonata No. 27

The Emperor’s Coloured Coat: In which Otto Prohaska, future hero of the Habsburg Empire, has an unexpectedly interesting time while listening to Beethoven

The Two-Headed Eagle: In which Otto Prohaska takes a break as the Habsburg Empire's leading U-Boat ace and does some listening to Beethoven

Tomorrow the World: In which Otto Prohaska carries the Habsburg Empire's civilizing Beethoven to the entirely unreceptive peoples of Africa and Oceania

Fixed :yeah:

Blimey Frau, you really go all out when you like something! :o

:rotfl2:

Hey, why are we laughing? Those would be *great* stories....

I must say, though, my unofficial official goal now is to hear everything Beethoven ever wrote. Everything that has been published, performed, and recorded, anyway. Knowing men, he probably wrote several unpublished, mercifully brief lieder in honor of his penis, his prodigious sexual achievements, and the smell of his own flatulence. Only his pianoforte and chamber pot know for sure. :O:

Sailor Steve 10-11-11 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1764943)
Mightier than a locomotive.

You must have a crazy reason for saying that. :D

frau kaleun 10-11-11 01:03 PM

WOOOHOOOOO!

New Pratchett book is here and it's a "Sam Vimes" story!

I didn't even look at previews to see which part of the DW this one was gonna delve into... he's talked about NOT writing any more Vimes/The Watch stories, so I was a bit worried. BUT NO MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IS BACK! :woot:

Onkel Neal 10-11-11 01:06 PM

Yay, I did something right! :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Herr-Berbunch 10-11-11 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1765351)
New Pratchett book is here and it's a "Sam Vimes" story!

I didn't even look at previews to see which part of the DW this one was gonna delve into... he's talked about NOT writing any more Vimes/The Watch stories, so I was a bit worried. BUT NO MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IS BACK! :woot:

Balz?

frau kaleun 10-11-11 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch (Post 1765377)
Balz?

Of steel. :yep: