SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Dear Steve Thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=200694)

Armistead 12-18-12 02:15 PM

Dear Steve Thread

Do you have issues, need a good dose of online Prozac, then this is the thread for you. Discuss your physical, emotional, marital, sexual, general life issues with Dr. Steve of Subsim. Come on in, lay on the couch, knowing you won't be judged here for being you.

Who will be first, who has a question for Dr. Steve O.L.D.

Armistead 12-18-12 02:19 PM

As usual, I'll go first.

Dear Steve,

I have been married for almost 20 years. Lately, every time my wife walks by me she mumbles under her breath. When I ask her what's she's saying, she simply replies "nothing".

What's up with her?

Sailor Steve 12-18-12 02:22 PM

Before I was just a lawyer. Now I'm a psikia...psychulag...shrink too? Who knew? My license hasn't even come in the mail yet! If it doesn't come soon I'm going to have to stock up on whatever cereal that has things like this in the box.

Just so you know, O.L.D. stands for Order of the Legally Dead. :dead:

I also hold the Blessed Ugly Lady's Loving Safety and Health In Texas award, but that's another story.

Sailor Steve 12-18-12 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armistead (Post 1978070)
As usual, I'll go first.

Dear Steve,

I have been married for almost 20 years. Lately, every time my wife walks by me she mumbles under her breath. When I ask her what's she's saying, she simply replies "nothing".

What's up with her?

She obviously has a defective voice box. A pair of pliers might do the job, but just to be on the safe side I'd send in for Sailor's Obviously Technical Ongoing Voicebox Omnifier Class-1 Eradicator kit. Only $99.98 one-week only special. After that it goes up to $99.99. :sunny:

nikimcbee 12-18-12 02:27 PM

Dear Dr Steve,
I know a "subsim member" who doesn't like swearing, but then he posted this:
Quote:

I also hold the Blessed Ugly Lady's Loving Safety and Health In Texas award, but that's another story.
Am I morally obligated to call Neal and complain?:hmm2:

Sailor Steve 12-18-12 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikimcbee (Post 1978078)
Dear Dr Steve,
I know a "subsim member" who doesn't like swearing, but then he posted this:

You're obviously confused. You never saw anything like that here. Besides, I...I mean, HE didn't create that medal. It's a Texas thing.

Quote:

Am I morally obligated to call Neal and complain?:hmm2:
Nah. Just bite him on the leg. Neal, that is. Ignore the man behind the curtain.

AVGWarhawk 12-18-12 02:35 PM

Sound advise. :up:

Sailor Steve 12-18-12 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 1978081)
Sound advise. :up:

Get bigger speakers.

AVGWarhawk 12-18-12 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1978082)
Get bigger speakers.

:har:

Herr-Berbunch 12-18-12 02:45 PM

Dear Steve

Please help. Just recently I've been drifting off when . . .

Sailor Steve 12-18-12 02:48 PM

<SLAP>

Sailor Steve 12-18-12 02:54 PM

The O.L.D. Sailor is out for his afternoon nap. All requests will be taken in order, depending on his mood. If he's not back by this time tomorrow, go away and leave him alone.

Herr-Berbunch 12-18-12 02:55 PM

. . . in the middle of a sentence, it's quite embarrassing really. Anyway, if you can help that's be great.

Also I've suddenly got a painful cheek, any ideas how I can find out what caused it - could it be an allergy?

Yours hopefully,

Herr-B

Fubar2Niner 12-18-12 03:00 PM

Dear Steve.

Please advise, if I squeeze my lemon, will I indeed fall right out of bed? Should I pad the area immediately around said bed?

Yours,

Dazed and confused

August 12-18-12 03:04 PM

Dear Steve,

When I wash my white socks with my work clothes they come out with a grey tinge. Is there anything I can do beside buying new socks to fix this?

Signed,
Embarrassed by his socks