SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Sound bug that you may not know (hidden) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=208958)

Chakotay 11-05-13 06:04 PM

Sound bug that you may not know (hidden)

hey all

I'd like to report after just browsing my silent hunter 5 data folder in the sounds being curious wanted to know what was what and I came across:

Submarine_GQ_battle_stations_INT
Submarine_GQ_secure_battle_stations_INT
Submarine_relieve_watch_INT

and possible others

all have a voice and whistle go off

when I have ordered battle stations via keyboard and via first officer that this Submarine_GQ_battle_stations_INT doesn't sound only first officer saying "to action stations move it" and when told to no longer be in stations he says" secure from battle stations and that's all I get nothing else not the other voice and whistle. is it a bug? is there a command? is it windows 8???

the only warning sound I get is when I crash dive nothing else. Surly that can't be right?

any solutions:06:

btw anyone wondering whether your missing any sounds or just want to listen to any one u might want for other purposes then look under Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Sound

by the way if you are fed up of the original crash dive alarm then try here http://www.uboataces.com/ref-submarine-sounds.shtml

and convert to wav using this free download (totally free well for stuff under 1minute unless u pay for it for larger stuff http://download.cnet.com/WMV-To-Wav-..._4-173496.html so u can use it ingame

Kind Regards Chakotay
A fellow sh5 U Boat Captain :salute:

volodya61 11-05-13 07:26 PM

Take a look at this thread - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=205078

Chakotay 11-06-13 08:20 AM

volodya61 thx

thx mate ill take a look

edit: so what does this do???
I get the impression it's only a crew sound fix

try seeing yourself in your sh5 folder
check out Silent Hunter 5\data\Sound\Submarine_GQ_battle_stations_INT
Silent Hunter 5\data\Sound\Submarine_GQ_secure_battle_stations_I NT
Hunter 5\data\Sound\Submarine_relieve_watch_INT

click on these wav files and see what you think. (I think there are sounds in the directory that somewhere never make it into the game. Perhaps a config error? but Ive never heard these sound effects ingame.

Mikemike47 11-06-13 02:56 PM

Sound and commands.cfg possibility

I have noticed certain sound issues missing, too. I thought about adding these sound issues to mod in progress in post #2, but seems like it maybe more complicated going that way. [wip] voices reloaded is about crew dialog which are in data\sound\speech folders. Crew dialog files are purely *.ogg extensions and different triggering than sound files in the data\Sound folder.

As the saying goes (KISS), keep it simple stupid, I thought of an easier way to add missing sound files from Silent Hunter 5\data\Sound folder as long as they are triggered somehow from the commands.cfg file.

Please try this Speech fixes which works great from KarlKoch, too.

I am thinking about adding a new [wip] for sound issues and commands.cfg in the SH5 mods forum soon. I have a totally different approach for an idea on how to implement this.

Just include a list of other files that are not triggered.

Mikemike47 11-07-13 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chakotay (Post 2138036)
when I have ordered battle stations via keyboard and via first officer that this Submarine_GQ_battle_stations_INT doesn't sound only first officer saying "to action stations move it" and when told to no longer be in stations he says" secure from battle stations and that's all I get nothing else not the other voice and whistle. is it a bug? is there a command? is it windows 8???

It is not windows 8, I am using windows 7.

What exact keyboard commands for battle stations and secure from battle stations? I need very specific answers. What mods are you using if any?

If you can't describe it, then include a pictures.

Chakotay 11-20-13 06:25 PM

Mikemike47

I use the default F7 command and the mods I use (I don't think all work though since I think they overlap) are a long list Ill create a pic

Mikemike47 11-22-13 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chakotay (Post 2142934)
I use the default F7 command and the mods I use (I don't think all work though since I think they overlap) are a long list Ill create a pic

List your mods. Copy your modlist. Click on the "#". Move your cursor between the two ## created. Paste modlist.

Mikemike47 12-03-13 10:33 AM

Anyone else find missing sounds? Include a modlist if used.

NIDGE2112 06-04-20 01:47 PM

Kitchen sound missing

Compans57 06-04-20 11:15 PM

Anyone else get a repetitive sound when submerged like someone banging every 5 seconds on a drum?

vdr1981 06-05-20 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compans57 (Post 2675523)
Anyone else get a repetitive sound when submerged like someone banging every 5 seconds on a drum?

Do you Alt-tab your active game occasionally?

Compans57 06-05-20 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2675624)
Do you Alt-tab your active game occasionally?

I do but pretty rarely.

vdr1981 06-05-20 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compans57 (Post 2675629)
I do but pretty rarely.

Such and similar problems like bugged UI functionality, CO2 built up while on surface ect are commonly associated with alt-tabbing, so try to avoid doing it...

Compans57 06-05-20 02:23 PM

Cheers mate.

I love this game but it’s a very codependent relationship! I have a similar thing with my cars.

“You just go ahead and alt tab baby. But I’ll starve you and your crew of oxygen. It’s absolutely fine”.

Demon777 06-22-20 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chakotay (Post 2138036)
hey all

I'd like to report after just browsing my silent hunter 5 data folder in the sounds being curious wanted to know what was what and I came across:

Submarine_GQ_battle_stations_INT
Submarine_GQ_secure_battle_stations_INT
Submarine_relieve_watch_INT

and possible others

same thing. Btw, the last sound (Submarine_relieve_watch_INT) seems to be from SH4. I remember this sound pretty well. I wonder why it was included in SH5, even in vanilla game. I've partially solved the problem of missing sounds by German voices modpack.