SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] OLC Ubermod v2.4.3 for GWX 2.1 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134186)

Phoenix3000 04-19-08 07:51 AM

English to German Labels

Hi guys!

I've amended the English to German labels mod previously used with OLC's standalone GUI so it works with his latest release.

Update - The newly uploaded version also has the Konigsberg location added now.

It's JSGME compatible and will convert the English labels for example 'Torpedo Settings', into their correct German equivalent but leaving all radio and in-game messages in English.

Here's the download link: http://files.filefront.com/EngGerLab.../fileinfo.html

Install OLC's GUI / Ubermod first them add this immediately afterwards. You will be prompted about a single file about to be over-written - the en_menu.txt. It's OK to proceed as the changes were made using OLC's files.

Px3000

onelifecrisis 04-19-08 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix3000
Hi guys!

I've amended the English to German labels mod previously used with OLC's standalone GUI so it works with his latest release.

It's JSGME compatible and will convert the English labels for example 'Torpedo Settings', into their correct German equivalent but leaving all radio and in-game messages in English.

Here's the download link: http://files.filefront.com/EngGerLab.../fileinfo.html

Install OLC's mod first them add this immediately afterwards. You will be prompted about a single file about to be over-written, it's OK to proceed as the changes were made using OLC's files.

Px3000

Thanks mate, I added to post #1 a link to the above post. :up:

Phoenix3000 04-19-08 07:59 AM

You're welcome,

I'm now off to install SH3 and GWX2.1 from scratch - and add your mod!:up:

Cheers!

Px3000

Nuss 04-19-08 08:11 AM

Ubermodproblem with starting at Memel

Hi OLC,

one last question, before you go to sleep:

Cold there be a problem with the ubermod when starting a new career at Memel in August 1939? When the mod is activated the game teleports me to West-Africa. Nice and warm there but I don´t want to get there at this moment. When ubermod is deactivated I stay at Memel.

Regards
Nuss

onelifecrisis 04-19-08 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuss
Hi OLC,

Cold there be a problem with the ubermod when starting a new career at Memel in August 1939? When the mod is activated the game teleports me to West-Africa. Nice and warm there but I don´t want to get there at this moment. When ubermod is deactivated I stay at Memel.

Regards
Nuss

:doh:
OK, my first question: where the hell is Memel?
I'm starting up SH3 commander, new career, start date 8/39, and it's giving me a choice of Kiel, Willhelmshaven, or "Error!" (that's what it says).

No "Memel"

andqui 04-19-08 08:33 AM

hello- great mod! fantastic work.

but is there any way i can use the new environment but keep the gui? Is all that's changed with the zoom levels in the camera.dat in the library section? or is there anything else i need to remove?

thanks

onelifecrisis 04-19-08 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andqui
hello- great mod! fantastic work.

but is there any way i can use the new environment but keep the gui? Is all that's changed with the zoom levels in the camera.dat in the library section? or is there anything else i need to remove?

thanks

Which one are you wanting to remove? The post above reads like you want to use them both.

And no, zoom levels is not all that changed.

Nuss 04-19-08 08:41 AM

Memel

Hi OLC,

Memel is new in GWX 2.1. You can start there in August 1939 before WWII (u-flot 7./13.). When I deactivate your ubermod. the port-name is there, if activated, not.

Best regards and sorry for this Memel.
Nuss

andqui 04-19-08 08:52 AM

if i could, i would like to keep the new OLC environment, but remove the GUI feature of it, with the zoom levels, etc., and use GUI 1.2.3.

In other words, i'd like to take the GUI changes out of the ubermod and replace them with the standard 1.2.3- i don't mind the waves not getting in the way and i prefer the historical zoom levels.

onelifecrisis 04-19-08 09:08 AM

@Nuss
There does seem to be some sort of problem there (when I uninstall the Ubermod, SH3 commander no longer reports "Error!" as the 8/39 7th Flotilla base, though it still doesn't mention a place called "Memel"). I'll look into it.

@andqui
Just enable OLC GUI 1.2.3 over the Ubermod (so enable the Ubermod first and then the GUI) and it should work fine.
It looks like I'll shortly be releasing 1.1 :roll: (if I can find and fix this Memel problem) so when I do I'll seperate the Ubermod into two seperate JSGME mods, for convenience.

JScones 04-19-08 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:

Hi OLC,

Regards
Nuss

:doh:
OK, my first question: where the hell is Memel?
I'm starting up SH3 commander, new career, start date 8/39, and it's giving me a choice of Kiel, Willhelmshaven, or "Error!" (that's what it says).

No "Memel"

This is because:

GWX 2.1 *_menu.txt:
Quote:

750=Kiel
751=Brest
752=Wilhelmshaven
753=Lorient
754=St. Nazaire
755=Bergen
756=Bordeaux
757=La Spezia
758=Toulon
759=Flensburg
760=Constanza
761=Penang
762=Jakarta
763=Salamis
764=Trondheim
765=Königsberg
OLC *_menu.txt:
Quote:

750=Kiel
751=Brest
752=Wilhelmshaven
753=Lorient
754=St. Nazaire
755=Bergen
756=Bordeaux
757=La Spezia
758=Toulon
759=Flensburg
760=Constanza
761=Penang
762=Jakarta
763=Salamis
764=Trondheim
You're missing Königsberg (not Memel, no idea where Nuss got that from, unless he is referring to WAC).

andqui 04-19-08 09:19 AM

thank you

pkl75 04-19-08 09:32 AM

Any brighter version?

Hi OLC, I haven't asked about this for a while? In v. 1.2.3, did you make a "less dark" version or did you leave the idea? How about the Ubermod, how can I make it less dark if there still is a way?

Thanks for great work, important part of SH3. :up:

Regards,

onelifecrisis 04-19-08 09:32 AM

Ah, thanks very much JS!

JScones 04-19-08 09:36 AM

I should have mentioned - I'm really looking forward to trying this out, having only just noticed it today (yeah, I'm a bit behind with the latest mod developments!). :up: :rock:

onelifecrisis 04-19-08 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JScones
I should have mentioned - I'm really looking forward to trying this out, having only just noticed it today (yeah, I'm a bit behind with the latest mod developments!). :up: :rock:

I really hope you like it, what with all the great stuff you've given me!

Nuss 04-19-08 09:46 AM

Memel, the last

Hi Olc,

before I come back to this old Memel, I must say that the new effects (colours, waves etc.) in the ubermod are outstanding. As the ubermod doesn´t like Memel I started from Wilhelmhaven in the evening: beautiful.

Now to this damned Memel: It is a new port in GWX 2.1 east of Königsberg. I only have GWX 2.1 and your ubermod as mods. Should be he same problem as with the missing Königberg.

Best regards
Nuss

onelifecrisis 04-19-08 09:55 AM

Quote:

Hi Olc,

before I come back to this old Memel, I must say that the new effects (colours, waves etc.) in the ubermod are outstanding. As the ubermod doesn´t like Memel I started from Wilhelmhaven in the evening: beautiful.

Now to this damned Memel: It is a new port in GWX 2.1 east of Königsberg. I only have GWX 2.1 and your ubermod as mods. Should be he same problem as with the missing Königberg.

Best regards
Nuss

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.
BTW I just started a new 7th Flotilla career (8/39) and I started in the right place (Königsberg).
So, to replicate your problem, presumably I need to dock at this Memel place, reload, and set sail again?

Nuss 04-19-08 10:22 AM

Memel, the very last

Hi Olc,

in my present SH3 version (with GWX 2.1 activated and your ubermod deactivated) I can only start at Memel east of Königsberg in the 7th flotilla at August 1939. Königberg is of course on the map when on sea but I can not start there when beginning a new career. With your ubermod activated the port is still there but has no name and I am teleported to Africa.

I think I forget this old Memel and start more west at Wilhelmshaven or Kiel.

Perhaps I start a new topic "Who else knows Memel?"

Best regards
Nuss

onelifecrisis 04-19-08 10:24 AM

Quote:

Hi Olc,

in my present SH3 version (with GWX 2.1 activated and your ubermod deactivated) I can only start at Memel east of Königsberg in the 7th flotilla at August 1939. Königberg is of course on the map when on sea but I can not start there when beginning a new career. With your ubermod activated the port is still there but has no name and I am teleported to Africa.

I think I forget this old Memel and start more west at Wilhelmshaven or Kiel.

Perhaps I start a new topic "Who else knows Memel?"

Best regards
Nuss

Well, I can see Memel on the map, but when I start a 7th Flotilla career I start in Konigsberg, not Memel. It sounds like Konigsberg is correct, from what JS said. :hmm:

I'll try it without SH3 Commander and see what happens.