SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   How to purchase from SubSim Amazon store? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=232037)

IDontSwimWell 06-22-17 06:04 PM

How to purchase from SubSim Amazon store?

Ok I am sure that the issue is me, but. I clicked on the Subsim icon can't seem to click on any of the games there. Went to Amazon and Silent Hunter 4 and 5 available. How does this site get credit?

IDSW

Gargamel 06-22-17 07:47 PM

When you click on the amazon link, it should bring you to the amazon homepage, but with a bit of extra info in the address bar. That info tells amazon where the affiliate link came from.

My default amazon link is to the subsim store.

I'd be curious to know if Neal can tell where the credits have come from, as I have probably dropped 10-15k on amazon over the last year or so through that link. (I do all my shopping there, especially in outfitting my workshop).

Onkel Neal 06-22-17 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDontSwimWell (Post 2493999)
Ok I am sure that the issue is me, but. I clicked on the Subsim icon can't seem to click on any of the games there. Went to Amazon and Silent Hunter 4 and 5 available. How does this site get credit?

IDSW

Wait, what did you click on? the Subsim icon? Where is that?

The Subsim Store is here. You can purchase games and anything else Amazon sells by clicking on the search box there or any game link.

Jimbuna 06-23-17 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2494037)

Quick Links (upper right) then second link down.

Platapus 06-23-17 12:57 PM

What may be confusing, at least it was confusing to me, is that on the store page, there is a hyperlink to the UK Amazon and the Can Amazon, but no hyperlink to the good ole "merica Amazon.....That link is above the previous two links and is the big picture itself.

It actually took me a while to find that.

KaleunMarco 07-20-22 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2494037)

The Subsim Store is here. You can purchase games and anything else Amazon sells by clicking on the search box there or any game link.

how does one know if it worked (or not)?

Onkel Neal 07-21-22 09:15 AM

What item did you purchase, and about what date? I can go check, I can see all items order, but only that, not who ordered etc. If that items is on the list I can let you know, yes, it worked. Thanks Marco, :Kaleun_Salute:

KaleunMarco 07-21-22 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2819128)
What item did you purchase, and about what date? I can go check, I can see all items order, but only that, not who ordered etc. If that items is on the list I can let you know, yes, it worked. Thanks Marco, :Kaleun_Salute:

HEPA air filters Yesterday, July 20.

there "should" be a way to know if things worked according to plan without having to bother you. just a thought....