SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL]OpenHatch_V3_RH released (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=104514)

JU_88 01-28-07 07:58 AM

Lucky for you the type 7 and 9 interiors are pretty much identical :up:
Excellent work im really looking forward to this, its just another example on how far modding sh3 has come, the game is really reaching its modding maturity. :yep:
The funny part is if you add up all the time modders have spent on SH3 it probably amounts to more time than the dev team actually spent on the project.

Rhodes 01-28-07 07:59 AM

It keeps getting better and better...Yeah:up: :rock:

Payoff is right, someone help him.:D

Jimbuna 01-28-07 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JU_88
Excellent work im really looking forward to this, its just another example on how far modding sh3 has come, the game is really reaching its modding maturity. :yep:
The funny part is if you add up all the time modders have spent on SH3 it probably amounts to more time than the dev team actually spent on the project.

I don't think anyone could dispute that statement JU :up:

Kpt. Lehmann 01-28-07 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna
Quote:

I have to say, that even having been involved rather deeply in the modding of SH3... when I sit back in my chair and look at the totality of the distance modding has taken SH3...

...that I'm still sometimes shocked and amazed.

We've come a long way baby! :yep:

Woof1701 01-28-07 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna
Quote:

I have to say, that even having been involved rather deeply in the modding of SH3... when I sit back in my chair and look at the totality of the distance modding has taken SH3...

...that I'm still sometimes shocked and amazed.

We've come a long way baby! :yep:

I don't think anyone could dispute THAT statement either :up:

Safe-Keeper 01-28-07 10:24 AM

It's as if I want to tell Ubisoft, "hey, hold SH4's release a year or two, can you? We're not done with this one yet!"

It's like having dessert get served before you're done having dinner:p.

GT182 01-28-07 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper
It's as if I want to tell Ubisoft, "hey, hold SH4's release a year or two, can you? We're not done with this one yet!"

It's like having dessert get served before you're done having dinner:p.

If that were possible S-K. Tho I don't think they'd listen very much if at all. ;)

Actually dessert is sometimes better than dinner it's self. Depends on the cook tho. And I've seen dinner best not served at all. ;) LOL

Samwolf 01-28-07 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT182

Actually dessert is sometimes better than dinner it's self. Depends on the cook tho. And I've seen dinner best not served at all. ;) LOL

I see you've met my ex-wife.:eek:

grafix7 01-28-07 11:20 AM

This is really awesome stuff! I cant wait to see it implemented!

GT182 01-28-07 11:31 AM

LMAO... No Sam, and thank God I haven't. I've seen too many cooks that can't cook at all, but think they're just wonderful. And that includes restaurants too. ;)

Tho the dessert that Urfisch is serving looks great. :yep:

Iron Budokan 01-28-07 11:53 AM

Funny, I was thinking just this morning how different the game was now from when it first came out. Heck, it's like SH3 today with the mods isn't even in the same league as stock.

I mean, I understand the pressures of business and time and all. But when you compare the two, well, the original SH3 kinda looks like a piece of cr*p. And that's not really fair because SH3 raised the bar on subsims to quite a high level. But, still, when you look at what the game was and what it is now....there's no comparison.

Scheisskopf 01-28-07 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Budokan
Funny, I was thinking just this morning how different the game was now from when it first came out. Heck, it's like SH3 today with the mods isn't even in the same league as stock.

I mean, I understand the pressures of business and time and all. But when you compare the two, well, the original SH3 kinda looks like a piece of cr*p. And that's not really fair because SH3 raised the bar on subsims to quite a high level. But, still, when you look at what the game was and what it is now....there's no comparison.

i completely agree :yep:

Samwolf 01-28-07 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Budokan

What really is a shame is that there are so many hints of things that went unimplemented in stock SH3. Look at all the voice files that are never used and there seem to be many "hooks" that modders were able to discover and build upon.

Imagine what could be done if Ubisoft ever releases to code.

CCIP 01-28-07 01:31 PM

The VII and the IX interiors actually AREN'T identical!

In the IX, the aft hatch would lead straight to the engine room, with quarters all the way in the back of the boat. The front is similar enough though...

urfisch 01-28-07 01:32 PM

:cry:

- PROBLEM -

i tried the last hours to find a way to pack the modded obj-file into the dat in comes from...no success. anyway got an idea? tried it with different versions of pack3d and the unpacker from timetraveller. pack3d always says "this object cant be imported" but it works with no *.obj file. even not the stock ones...

PLZ HELP!