SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   SH4 uboat bugs thread. (Read past the first post before posting replies) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131872)

Jaeger 03-02-08 08:21 AM

the draft of the coastal freighter and the small freighter are interchanged in the recognition manual. small freighter must be 5.5 meters, coastal freighter must be 3.7 meters.

ramming a lifeboat sounds like ramming a steelship!

sound of raising the observation scope in the conning tower isnt there.

orders are given by the comsubpac (must be BDU).

the small compass for the tools help is a US compass!

the small lamp for switching auto update modus (for TDC) in the conning tower is always on (how to check, if auto mode is on or off??)

heads of deckwatch are transparent in some weather conditions.

mission goals are not in the grid they speak about. my mission orders were: go to grid sz, but the yellow star was painted in another grid.

open two or more tubes at the same time doesnt run correctly. (possible in conning tower, but impossible at periscope or attack map)

repair and gun crews are leaving position when watch changes. yes, its realistic, but you have to put them back to work after each 4 hours, when damage should be repaired as fast as possible. thats enervous.

greetz, Jaeger

Raptor1 03-02-08 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaeger
the draft of the coastal freighter and the small freighter are interchanged in the recognition manual. small freighter must be 5.5 meters, coastal freighter must be 3.7 meters.

So THAT's what caused me to waste 3 perfectly good torpedoes during my infiltration of Darwin...

Reece 03-02-08 08:30 AM

All I can do is laugh, everytime an update/patch comes out a few bugs are fixed but even more are created!:rotfl:Sorry but it's better than crying!:lol:

Jaeger 03-02-08 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor1
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaeger

So THAT's what caused me to waste 3 perfectly good torpedoes during my infiltration of Darwin...

yes, same here. i mentioned it when checking my success in the wardiary. the recognition manual gives the same models for both, so you cant evade this problem.

tennozan 03-02-08 08:49 AM

Community forums are such an interesting place. I generally find that the lack of conversational implicature (basically: communicated intent that is easily mistread because body language is missing in written forums) is daunting enough. Being a simulation gamer and witnessing fellow simmers taking cheap shots at artists and developers, not to mention each other is disparaging at times.

In my opinion, the developers did a good job with getting this add-on to us. Does anybody else think this is a simply amazing thing to play such an intricate and graphically rich WWII submarine simulator as this? The developers demonstrate much more craftmanship and artistry through their product than I think they get credit for. Sure, we pay for a product but they show a passion for their work too.

All of the bugs listed in this post seem to be fixable and I'm sure will be ironed out in short order. I would like to see the developers (UBI team) saddle up and lasso items like revamping the language spoken issue. That seems to be a long term feature that needs to be addressed. Just expecting modders to jury-rig it doesn't seem appropriate. There will probably come a point when Japanese submarines, or British, etc. will be surfacing and there needs to be both language files and interface to select which ones you want to hear.

Anyway, that's my two-cents. I hope these waves die down a bit and we see some smooth sailing ahead. This could be a huge amount of fun both now and in the future.

Raptor1 03-02-08 08:58 AM

I agree, there aren't a lot of 'Major' bugs in the expansion, overall, it accomplishes it's purpose of "Expanding" the game quite well

LukeFF 03-02-08 09:05 AM

The tube status lights don't work correctly. Currently they always show the tubes as empty. Should be green for loaded, red for loading-in-progress, and white for empty.

Captain von Keldunk 03-02-08 09:38 AM

Disable enviromental effects

Hello
"Penelope_Grey This must qualify as a bit of a bug." (Deck crew transparent)
Easy fix is to Disable enviromental effects. leave volumetric fog on,
and you can still have transparent water etc. at least with PE/ROW mod.
I wonder what is enviromental effects for?:hmm:

Raptor1 03-02-08 09:41 AM

The see-through people are obviously the crew of the Flying Dutchman, your submarine has been condemned to sail the seas forever...

AOTD_MadMax 03-02-08 10:03 AM

Quote:

I agree, there aren't a lot of 'Major' bugs in the expansion, overall, it accomplishes it's purpose of "Expanding" the game quite well

So tell me , what is an majorbug ?
What is the definition of an majorbug ?
Maybe an CTD by launching the game ?

In my eyes there are alot of majorbugs in it which was posted here.
Sorry for that but if i wanne play german subs i prefare to play SH3 with GWX2.0.
I dont need an IXD2 going down in 10 seconds by using crashdive.

This addon is a hit into the modders face cause all modders have to rework their mods.
Only for those two germans subs and an small german campaign without to be able to play these german subs online, this reworked filestructure of the addon is an worst case for the modders.
TMO and all other bigmods have to be reworked if they should work with 1.5. !

Greets

AOTD|MadMax

Raptor1 03-02-08 10:07 AM

A major bug is a bug that breaks the game, most of the bugs mentioned here we're not

AOTD_MadMax 03-02-08 10:32 AM

Quote:

A major bug is a bug that breaks the game, most of the bugs mentioned here we're not

The thing you mean isnt called bug. Its called virus ! :rotfl:

Greets

AOTD|MadMax

Raptor1 03-02-08 10:41 AM

:damn:...Ah nvm, i give up... :nope:

tennozan 03-02-08 11:44 AM

Ah, dear AOTD_MadMax. We are trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here but you are not helping anything. Look, some of this is just semantics so you may want to just overlook a bit of it.

Raptor1 is trying to deploy what is known as humor. Sort of like a Bold 1 launcher that fires off good feelings instead of chemicals that make bubbles in seawater. Maybe instead of firing depth charges at him you could, say, relax.

What I might refer to as a bug is simply something that is not as it should be with the game. It doesn't necessarily have to crash the game. That would be a pretty bad bug. Yes, computer viruses can crash computers too but that doesn't necessarily have to be their function (or dis-function depending on your point of view).

Hope this helps! :) And "Greets" to you too.

Back to business at hand: couldn't UBI team just re-work the program to fix the transparency issue so we wouldn't have to work around it by turning off features?

John Channing 03-02-08 12:04 PM

A long time ago one of the developers stated that the transparency could not be fixed without a major re-write of the code.

JCC

Raptor1 03-02-08 12:12 PM

EDIT: Damn, i need to read posts better...

jazman 03-02-08 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Private-Cowboy
One question before I buy: What sort of protection does the expansion use? My SH4 uses Securom and needs the disc in the drive. But since the expansion is sold online, is there some online verification that requires you to be online when playing? Because that's something that I could not do. Or does it need the SH4 disc? It would be nice if you could let me know.

This is for the downloaded version. Online activation is required. Also, there is now a SecuROM directory in my "Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data" which has an update date as of my last time playing. No disc needed, though. No SecuROM service installed, either. Registry has a SecuROM entry (not in services, but in software).

Raptor22ADF 03-02-08 01:02 PM

1944 U-Boat Campaign

I must have a nuclear-powered sub; started in Batavia, am now patrolling off Brisbane, and still have 100% fuel. :|\\

Raptor1 03-02-08 01:05 PM

Are you sure you didn't accidentally click off the Limited Fuel thing?

jazman 03-02-08 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capthelm
frame rates are a disaster in this addon. total mess now compared to 1.4

My machine is borderline for 1.4: ASUS A7N8X, Athlon XP 3000+, 7600GT, SB Live! card (ie not using on-board sound). I get in the mid-20s with 1.4 / Trigger Maru / RSRDC. No ROW, because ROW puts the framerates around 15, which is unusable. Mid-20s is usable, I know that comes as a shock to you guys who have frame rates in the 100s.

1.5 puts framerate at 14. This is on the bridge, nice weather, calm seas. It's unusable. I bet it's because of the ROW stuff added.