SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Das Boot Is NOT a Chick Flick (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=203503)

Cybermat47 06-03-13 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawk2495 (Post 2066980)
All I have to say to her is..... I bet you're happy they don't have smellavision to go with the DVD.......

Quick! Send her the smellavision version! She needs to see it!

jimmyjam25 06-04-13 05:13 AM

This is hilarious! :har:

Herr-Berbunch 06-04-13 06:48 AM

Front page news - www.subsim.com/index.php :har:

joea 06-04-13 01:42 PM

Oh man this made my day!!! Reading some of her other reviews, this does not surprise me at all. :woot:

Platapus 06-04-13 04:34 PM

Wow, people here are getting spun up over one person's opinion.

Personally, this person's opinion is not important enough to me to make me to get upset.

Freakwave 06-05-13 03:10 AM

Thought it was a joke at first. Now i got to find me the 5 hour version of the film.

keithf 06-05-13 03:32 AM

I've just given it a 5 Star rating, because there isn't a 6 Star option.:)
My review is called "J'attendrai". Only buffs 'verstehen werden'.

desertstriker 06-05-13 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakwave (Post 2067566)
Thought it was a joke at first. Now i got to find me the 5 hour version of the film.

http://www.amazon.com/Das-Boot-Origi...words=das+boot

don't forget to use the subsim amazon so we get a percentage of the sale.

jrf773 06-05-13 07:20 PM

But the unfortunate part of all of this is Midge does think her opinion matters, and no matter how many people tell her she is stupid, she will never realize it. So she will continue forth with the many other denizens who think that Snooki and reality TV are the top end of entertainment. She will continue on thinking her opinion is the high point of culture, her and those of her that bitch because the $4000 fur coat doesn't look like the one that Sue Ellen wore on Dallas 30 year ago. She will continue to live in her delusional world where she thinks that The Real Housewives of Orange county is how the rest of us live. It is sad to think that this is considered the high point of human evolution by some. :Kaleun_Sick:

J0313 06-05-13 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platapus (Post 2067437)
Wow, people here are getting spun up over one person's opinion.

Personally, this person's opinion is not important enough to me to make me to get upset.

I just spent 17 years of my life protecting a country full of idiots like her. Its not just one persons opinion. Awhole butt load of so called Americans think like that idiot so ya, it gets me worked up. I cant stand what the citizenry in my country are turning into. A bunch of overfed, soft, educated idiots. She probably has a degree but she cant think beyond the end of her nose.

desertstriker 06-06-13 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrf773 (Post 2067832)
But the unfortunate part of all of this is Midge does think her opinion matters, and no matter how many people tell her she is stupid, she will never realize it. So she will continue forth with the many other denizens who think that Snooki and reality TV are the top end of entertainment. She will continue on thinking her opinion is the high point of culture, her and those of her that bitch because the $4000 fur coat doesn't look like the one that Sue Ellen wore on Dallas 30 year ago. She will continue to live in her delusional world where she thinks that The Real Housewives of Orange county is how the rest of us live. It is sad to think that this is considered the high point of human evolution by some. :Kaleun_Sick:

Well evolution is a 2 way street you will have some that go down and some that go up. Though it seems the human race is destined to decline on the evolutionary tree.

Arnold 06-06-13 08:54 PM

Have you ever laughed so hard that your jaws hurt? It just happened to me, after reading "Midge's" review of one of my favorite movies.
Hilarious!

Takeda Shingen 06-07-13 10:05 AM

I didn't like Das Boot either. So what?

Sailor Steve 06-07-13 12:07 PM

There are good movies I don't like, and movies I do like that I admit are bad.

The point here isn't her dislike of the movie. It's the way in which she expressed it.

Platapus 06-07-13 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrf773 (Post 2067832)
But the unfortunate part of all of this is Midge does think her opinion matters, and no matter how many people tell her she is stupid, she will never realize it.

People may be saying the same thing about your opinions too.

No one can make their opinion matter to anyone else unless they consent to it.

I would say that most people, if they bothered to even care, disagree with a lot of my opinions.

The only thing more worthless about an opinion is an opinion about someone else's opinion. :D

Me, I would rather ignore Midge's opinion. She has her opinion, I have mine. Each opinion is worth exactly the same as the other -- squat. :D