SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   U-BOOT_HAHD Official Thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=179694)

Hans Witteman 03-14-11 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 1619234)
PM to you! Did you send your desidered pass via private mail to Reaper?

When you have the pass, in Gmail.com, you type:

yournick@u-boot-hahd.com (all the words with the "@", not only yournick)

..and type the pass you sent to Reaper (the same of the HAHD site).

That is all for access the HAHD mail.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Hi mate,

Thank for the info i was so adsorb with my work that i didn't pay attention to all the new stuff for the team.

Best regards Hans

von faust 03-14-11 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans Witteman (Post 1619191)
Hi Von faust,

Any help would be greatly appreciated i just went to the website and i saw you are a 3d artist that great mate we will certainly need your skills my friend, we will contact you soon the minute we are set this week.

Best regards Hans

Ok, I hope to help You in this MOD.
I'm not a "big" genius in 3D and texture (:O:) but many work I can do.

reaper7 03-14-11 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by von faust (Post 1619356)

Welcome to the team Mate. :up:
I will set up up Site access privileges emails etc. All I need from you is a password of at least 10 characters to include one or more numeric characters.

You can mail me the password to : reaper7@u-boot-hahd.com

Hans Witteman 03-14-11 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by von faust (Post 1619356)

Hi mate,

No need for a genius just a passionate artist with a love for SH3 and history:up:

The first thing i need to do as soon as i am done with the videos is to make a reference folder on our website where everything will be classify by type ex: U-boat, Battleships, armament&weapons, crew etc so each team member will have an easy way to gather the needed references.

3d models that will be needed soon will be different mount for flak gun, the flak 2cm C/30 is already done but i only made the canister mount so far.

One thing to keep in mind for the HAHD 3d models is the best looking possible geometry with the lowest possible amount of polygons there are many tricks i used to achieve this that will be included in the team video tutorials library:salute:

Best regards Hans

Madox58 03-14-11 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans Witteman (Post 1618818)
For the support we have privateer who regularly help us in technical detail

Exactly. And I prefer to remain as someone who can assist when I can,
to who I can, no matter the version, various Theaters, or Mods.

Many things I would have like to spend time on were put aside to meet commitments or deadlines with GWX.
I do not regret that!
But I don't want to repeat that situation right now.
I am just now getting many old projects back in action to finish!

And who knows? Maybe those projects will find thier way in to HAHD first.

Madox58 03-14-11 07:17 PM

I do have a question.
What are the plans for the Sim.cfg?
Are you going to use stock settings or adapted settings based off other mods?

I have a very good reason to ask, but I'll not tell anyone why at this time.
:03:

Hans Witteman 03-14-11 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by privateer (Post 1619499)
Exactly. And I prefer to remain as someone who can assist when I can,
to who I can, no matter the version, various Theaters, or Mods.

Many things I would have like to spend time on were put aside to meet commitments or deadlines with GWX.
I do not regret that!
But I don't want to repeat that situation right now.
I am just now getting many old projects back in action to finish!

And who knows? Maybe those projects will find thier way in to HAHD first.

Hi mate,

We understand this mate and we appreciated very much your help i know what it is to get involved in such a project and you have to be in the perfect situation to be able to accomplish all that work.

Does one of this project you mention involved prostitution mechanic in the French harbor? Like crew get tired faster when leaving Bordeaux :har: Sorry my legendary sense of humor:up:

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman 03-14-11 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by privateer (Post 1619556)
I do have a question.
What are the plans for the Sim.cfg?
Are you going to use stock settings or adapted settings based off other mods?

I have a very good reason to ask, but I'll not tell anyone why at this time.
:03:

Hi again mate,

So far some team members were talking of something similar to NYGM but nothing is decided officially.

We will probably go for a balance choice that fit all:salute:

Best regards Hans

drakkhen20 03-14-11 11:34 PM

well hans it looks like things are going great. every time i catch up on your thread here my eyes start to hurt:haha:, most of the things you all talk about when it comes to modeling and where textures should be placed is a diffrent language to me. but i get the drift about whats going on and i do share the excitment and the time comsuming subjects as i have went through it myself(and its probably not even the tip of the iceburg) and learned the little ropes of how to retuxere the Type 7s and all but the more you read the more you kinda get a glimpse of what it would be like in the big world of game design as far as time and certain deadlines that have to be met and the length in years and months that go into some thing that could be as small and simple like a hatch handle or an animated knob on a panel. to me this is freaking amazing stuff and reading alot of privateers stuff and playing his work tells you right there him and his team he has retired from are very wise and old school in technic(these are the best to learn from in my opinion). since i've joined this furom i have had imagened thoughts as it would be cool to see a whole community work on a mod to obtain the same goal but like you said is very difficult because of views and matters of time,etc. but its nice to see all these modders gather for this mod. i for one have spent some days arguing with my wife because i spend too much time adding a pixel here or there and smudging and fading and adding weathering to a spot here and there, and sometimes she actually might get invovled and ask questions. its amazing how a little game started something like this and its great what all these modders do. awsome work guys. btw my time zone is Central time in USA and still here for the support i may not have experience but i can give great opinions. great to be apart of this community and to know that some of my words do sink in some where. hell this is the only forum i wake up and get the coffee ready for.:up::rock::yeah:
:salute:

Hans Witteman 03-14-11 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakkhen20 (Post 1619663)
well hans it looks like things are going great. every time i catch up on your thread here my eyes start to hurt:haha:, most of the things you all talk about when it comes to modeling and where textures should be placed is a diffrent language to me. but i get the drift about whats going on and i do share the excitment and the time comsuming subjects as i have went through it myself(and its probably not even the tip of the iceburg) and learned the little ropes of how to retuxere the Type 7s and all but the more you read the more you kinda get a glimpse of what it would be like in the big world of game design as far as time and certain deadlines that have to be met and the length in years and months that go into some thing that could be as small and simple like a hatch handle or an animated knob on a panel. to me this is freaking amazing stuff and reading alot of privateers stuff and playing his work tells you right there him and his team he has retired from are very wise and old school in technic(these are the best to learn from in my opinion). since i've joined this furom i have had imagened thoughts as it would be cool to see a whole community work on a mod to obtain the same goal but like you said is very difficult because of views and matters of time,etc. but its nice to see all these modders gather for this mod. i for one have spent some days arguing with my wife because i spend too much time adding a pixel here or there and smudging and fading and adding weathering to a spot here and there, and sometimes she actually might get invovled and ask questions. its amazing how a little game started something like this and its great what all these modders do. awsome work guys. btw my time zone is Central time in USA and still here for the support i may not have experience but i can give great opinions. great to be apart of this community and to know that some of my words do sink in some where. hell this is the only forum i wake up and get the coffee ready for.:up::rock::yeah:
:salute:

Hi drakkhen20,

Great post mate and i think that you will like the videos i am presently making for the team, this included the basic workflow with s3d editor, 3d models import/export, optimizing models, UVW layout, painting and weathering technic.

After seeing those videos you will find our technical jargon a lot more clear:up:

Maybe your wife won't like me after you saw them and start to rock n roll on your paint program:har:

Talking about weathering i spend most of the day applying rust leak on the hull of the Fletcher:haha:

And yep i have to agree the only forum i feel home is here.

My goal is not only to make the mod but also to release the modding videos to all the community later on so novices modder can start to enjoy doing stuff.

Best regards Hans

von faust 03-15-11 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans Witteman (Post 1619666)
Hi drakkhen20,
My goal is not only to make the mod but also to release the modding videos to all the community later on so novices modder can start to enjoy doing stuff.

Best regards Hans

You're doing something perfect !!!! :yeah:
There are many people capable and who can give help but do not know how to work in the SH3.
Do it because is very intelligent make a video tutorial, it takes some time but regain it after

(I'm sorry for my English :03:)

brabham85 03-15-11 06:20 PM

Hans Witteman

Did you guys think in a better water textures? (and I don't know about the game mechanics to improve the quality in this particular case) In 2006 SH3 water is so fuc**** awesome, but today looks very old, dated and even unreal.

Hans Witteman 03-15-11 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brabham85 (Post 1620231)
Hans Witteman

Did you guys think in a better water textures? (and I don't know about the game mechanics to improve the quality in this particular case) In 2006 SH3 water is so fuc**** awesome, but today looks very old, dated and even unreal.

Hi mate,

On my own personal taste i like it, we have tweak it a bit but the game engine doesn't allowed us to make a new shader for it.

If we found any other way to make it look better without infringing the copyright we will:salute:

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman 03-15-11 07:08 PM

Fletcher update

Hi Shipmates,

Good news tonight, i am currently uploading the new high res video of U-BOOT_HAHD subtitle HAHD Surface Ships:up:

In 2 to 5 hours i will update the first page with the new link:salute:

Best regards hans

Schwieger 03-15-11 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans Witteman (Post 1620265)
Hi Shipmates,

Good news tonight, i am currently uploading the new high res video of U-BOOT_HAHD subtitle HAHD Surface Ships:up:

In 2 to 5 hours i will update the first page with the new link:salute:

Best regards hans

:D

Glad to hear it! Been waiting for this :ping: