SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   U-BOOT_HAHD Official Thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=179694)

Hans Witteman 03-07-11 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reallydedpoet (Post 1614075)
Nice to hear this :yep::up:

Hard to believe it has been over three year's since Dave's passing.

He was truly a giant here at SUBSIM, and not just because of his modding.
I think more because he would take the time to help anybody who asked, from the seasoned vet to the first
time poster.

Hi mate,

I agree with you on Dave even if i didn't get to know him i was reading all his posts and learn a lot from him.

Is dedication was astounding and i am trying to be as dedicated as he was but it will be hard to surpass:salute:

Everyone in the community in my sense is adding the essential synergy required to attain such excellence in naval simulation.

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman 03-07-11 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUKER (Post 1613949)
Hi Hans,
After two weeks in Russia will release a new game!
The level of graphics it is fantastic!:rock::rock:

Hi mate,

I can't wait to see IL3 but with my modest system i think i won't be able to play it at all maybe if thing get better on the long run i will be able to upgrade as i used to do before:salute:

Best regards Hans

reaper7 03-07-11 01:04 PM

@ Hans. Hi mate email sent ;)

Hans Witteman 03-07-11 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper7 (Post 1614242)
@ Hans. Hi mate email sent ;)

Hi mate,

Roger that:up:

More good news today we have another 3d modeler interested in joining our team:yeah:

Even bigger news to come but i can't say a word about it until confirmation:salute:

Keep the spirit in high gear team mates.

Best regards Hans

drakkhen20 03-07-11 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans Witteman (Post 1614069)
Hi mate,

Thank for the good words i just love history and i am trying to immortalize those machines before the few last references vanish :up:

Your work is also impressive beautiful skin you are doing if you ever want to join you will be welcome in team:salute:

Best regards Hans

well i'm far from good, but i do what i do when i can. sure id love to join the team where do i sign and what am i doing?:D

:salute:

thoomsn 03-07-11 02:21 PM

:rock: Hi Hans! :rock:

Just watched your videos and have to say: Am impressed. What's the final goal of this project? A new super realistic supermod? If so, I'm sure all SH3 kaleus of this planet will be your best friends for ever. There are a lot modders out there doing very good stuff but this one really kicks 'cause it pushes REALISM to another high end level (according to the 3d models). I'm a realism freak and therefore enjoy watching "every tiny screw on the bridge". THAT brings some kind of "learn effect" to the people 'cause they really see historical u-boat technology of the 30s and 40s as it was. And if they feel it working (behavoiur of these boats above and under water) it even would be better. Turns it into some kind of naval "docutainment". And I always thought there's nothing more to pull out of this game engine - amazing!
Something else: I saw these very fine waterstream particles in the video. Which video card do you use? Mine (nVidia 8800 Ultra and nVidia GTX 280) displays them always as "snow flakes" which looks stupid. Or did you edit the particle system?
Finally: I hope you'll get all the support worldwide available to finish this the way you want it to be finished.

I wonder where this will end one day. SH 9?
regards
thoomsn

Hans Witteman 03-07-11 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakkhen20 (Post 1614267)
well i'm far from good, but i do what i do when i can. sure id love to join the team where do i sign and what am i doing?:D

Hi mate,

You are modest my friend your work is truly beautiful the only thing that is missing is the shadow and specularity with both your skins would look just great.

And the positive point on joining the team is that you will have access to free video tutorials to enhanced your skills to the level you want:up:

In the videos i cover S3d editor workflow to ease thing regarding exporting re importing, UVW unwrap advanced tutorial, paint program advanced technique for skinning and weathering.

For signing up just wait until i pm you because i am not done yet with the tutorials but soon everything will be setup for everyone in team:salute:

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman 03-07-11 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thoomsn (Post 1614287)
:rock: Hi Hans! :rock:

Just watched your videos and have to say: Am impressed. What's the final goal of this project? A new super realistic supermod? If so, I'm sure all SH3 kaleus of this planet will be your best friends for ever. There are a lot modders out there doing very good stuff but this one really kicks 'cause it pushes REALISM to another high end level (according to the 3d models). I'm a realism freak and therefore enjoy watching "every tiny screw on the bridge". THAT brings some kind of "learn effect" to the people 'cause they really see historical u-boat technology of the 30s and 40s as it was. And if they feel it working (behavoiur of these boats above and under water) it even would be better. Turns it into some kind of naval "docutainment". And I always thought there's nothing more to pull out of this game engine - amazing!
Something else: I saw these very fine waterstream particles in the video. Which video card do you use? Mine (nVidia 8800 Ultra and nVidia GTX 280) displays them always as "snow flakes" which looks stupid. Or did you edit the particle system?
Finally: I hope you'll get all the support worldwide available to finish this the way you want it to be finished.

I wonder where this will end one day. SH 9?
regards
thoomsn

Hi mate,

Thank for the good words.

Our goal is to bring the closest historical content ever made but i am no fool and i know we will eventually reach a tipping point where we cannot push the game engine further. Polygons amount are not the worst ennemy in framerates it is texture that tremendously demand on system but so far with all you saw in video i managed to get a pretty decent framerate with my modest system so there is plenty of room to push further.

The main point is the more memory you have the better the experience but only 2 GB will do fine we also will release a lower specs system version.

Others supermode have 3 time the amount of models and they are capable of running everything smoothly so we can surely push it further on. We are also optimizing a lot of demanding resources like shadow that are baked in our diffuse texture so there is no memory footprint add, that leave us space to improve others aspect.

Also our workflow in texturing was develop over a year of testing to get the maximum detail with the lowest impact on engine.

For your particle question i know that there was a bug with nvidia but i think there is a fix just type nvidia in search you will get lot of answer.

If it doesn't fix it try to force antialias on your video card menu it will look a lot better also.

And take in mind that in U-BOOT HAHD evey particle system are tweak by us and sometime we spend 2 to 3 days just to get the optimum result.

It will be finish i can assure you:salute:

Best regards Hans

fastfranky 03-07-11 03:40 PM

back...

ahoi mates,
back from short holiday and ready to rumble :D
franky

Hans Witteman 03-07-11 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastfranky (Post 1614333)
ahoi mates,
back from short holiday and ready to rumble :D
franky

Hi mate,

Welcome back:salute:

Best regards Hans

makman94 03-07-11 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans Witteman (Post 1613894)
Hi shipmates,

How about this Me 109 E in game!:har: Maybe in 200 years if technology go fast enough:haha:

Seriously Makman refer to Oleg from Il2 Sturmovik in an earlier post today and i still play Il2 not recently but was very active a couple years ago.

Last picture show Dolfo Galland in cockpit.

Take notes that those renders are very low quality just quick output and i also forget to unhide the bullet protection plate in Dolfo pic

This Me 109 E will be in mod but only after a drastic polygons reduction and i also have a Heinkel 111-P with same level of detail:up:

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a...eman/Me109.jpg

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a...e109Engine.jpg

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a...itinterior.jpg

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a...oincockpit.jpg

Best regards Hans

Hans...i will tell you a 'secret' ! you are not surprising me anymore !!:D
i saw everything that i needed to see .... now that you will get help from another one 3d designer...things will roll a lot faster and i am guessing new items maybe will be added . ;)

Hans Witteman 03-07-11 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makman94 (Post 1614482)
Hans...i will tell you a 'secret' ! you are not surprising me anymore !!:D
i saw everything that i needed to see .... now that you will get help from another one 3d designer...things will roll a lot faster and i am guessing new items maybe will be added . ;)

Hi mate.

Surely thing will improve as the team get organized the minute i'm done with what i am doing we will get once a week a chat meeting for all team members to see the thing we can ameliorate in our workflow and also to take the pulse of our advancement.

So it would be a good idea to know each members time zone so please team mates post your time zone so we can fix an hour that will fit everybody.

Great stuff around the corner stay tuned folks:salute:

Best regards Hans

reaper7 03-08-11 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans Witteman (Post 1614576)
Hi mate.

Surely thing will improve as the team get organized the minute i'm done with what i am doing we will get once a week a chat meeting for all team members to see the thing we can ameliorate in our workflow and also to take the pulse of our advancement.

So it would be a good idea to know each members time zone so please team mates post your time zone so we can fix an hour that will fit everybody.

Great stuff around the corner stay tuned folks:salute:

Best regards Hans

(UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London

Robin40 03-08-11 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans Witteman (Post 1613894)
Hi shipmates,

How about this Me 109 E in game!:har: Maybe in 200 years if technology go fast enough:haha:

Seriously Makman refer to Oleg from Il2 Sturmovik in an earlier post today and i still play Il2 not recently but was very active a couple years ago.

Last picture show Dolfo Galland in cockpit.

Take notes that those renders are very low quality just quick output and i also forget to unhide the bullet protection plate in Dolfo pic

This Me 109 E will be in mod but only after a drastic polygons reduction and i also have a Heinkel 111-P with same level of detail:up:

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a...eman/Me109.jpg

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a...e109Engine.jpg

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a...itinterior.jpg

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a...oincockpit.jpg

Best regards Hans

Hi mate,
I have to rebuke you for lacking details

There is no smoke out of Galland's cigar:DL

Myxale 03-08-11 07:59 AM

:D

Bloody right, please addd HD-Smoke!:03:

JK!