SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   * D&D wake mod * (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=149689)

Desga 03-25-09 10:38 AM

Thank RB for your clarification...from what I understand this becomes a job much bigger and longer than expected!!:hmmm:

Jimbuna 03-25-09 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardphat (Post 1070838)
:o Fast! How long did it take you,Jim, to convert to GWX?

5 seconds to create and name a folder, 20 seconds to zip it up, then 2 minutes to upload :up:

Einsman 03-25-09 01:52 PM

Very nice !! Downloading...

YukonJack_AK 03-25-09 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann (Post 1071351)
Just a thought, but high-resolution textures will affect framerates. Just a suggestion, you may consider making a second version as "standard resolution" (reducing texture sizes by half). In doing so, more people can enjoy the mod.

Just an FYI for anyone who has had framerate hits due to this MOD... (GREAT MOD by the way Desga - Looks beautiful :up:)... using Photoshop I shrunk the image sizes down to 256x256 (CTRL+ALT+I) and I got all my frames back and the wakes still look great! :DL I was taking about a 20-30fps hit... No More! Thanks again Desga! :rock:

Desga 03-25-09 02:30 PM

Very well YukonJack_AK I'm happy for you and that you like this mod!!:up:

JCWolf 03-25-09 03:00 PM

Looks awesome and I am giving it a try,
Thought You should work the Bowspray in Hight Resol. also cause the diference with your fine wake mod...

Thought I think it will increase a lot on FPS when you get a convoy ...for sure...:salute:

nikbear 03-25-09 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1071874)
5 seconds to create and name a folder, 20 seconds to zip it up, then 2 minutes to upload :up:

Would it be possible Jim for you to do a Lite version for those of us without fast puters,Yukonjack seems to have found a way to do it,with Desga's permission of course,would you consider doing that,would be great to have a lite version thats JSGME enabled and ready to go for us thicko's:oops::yeah:

Otto Heinzmeir 03-25-09 07:16 PM

I like the look of this texture. They look great in screen shots.:woot:

I don't like how they look in real time though in calm seas. :hmmm: There is too much action in them, almost too many squiggles or something around the sub. It looks too turbulent until the wind gets to 8mps or so,then they fit better.

I don't suppose there is a way to implement these textures so they would be used by the ships only and not the subs. Subs are so streamlined and I don't think they would make so much turbalance around the sub. Maybe behind it but these textures make a wide turbalance which fits the bigger ships better.

Myxale 03-25-09 08:00 PM

Looks really good, damn hot actually. Can't wait to give it a try!

Kudos!:rock:

iambecomelife 03-26-09 12:03 AM

That is a huge improvement. The new mods coming out never cease to amaze me. :up:

Desga 03-26-09 02:25 AM

Quote:

Would it be possible Jim for you to do a Lite version for those of us without fast puters,Yukonjack seems to have found a way to do it,with Desga's permission of course,would you consider doing that,would be great to have a lite version thats JSGME enabled and ready to go for us thicko's
no problem for me.... Jim you can make the lite version so all can try my mod!!!:up:

IFRT-WHUFC 03-26-09 12:40 PM

Awesome JOB!!

Those wakes are truly magnificent!!! Just a shame the seafoam isn't done on a similar basis!

regards
Rick

Jimbuna 03-26-09 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desga (Post 1072313)
no problem for me.... Jim you can make the lite version so all can try my mod!!!:up:

It won't be me I'm afraid.....busy working on other projects right now :hmmm:

CapZap1970 03-26-09 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desga (Post 1072313)

Desga:
I've done that already. :up:
If you want, gimme an e-mail adress and I will sed it to you for 1024x1024, 512x512 and 256x256 res.
CapZap

Desga 03-27-09 04:30 AM

CapZap1970 I have sent you my email address. You will see that by including your files will be a beautiful graphic effect.:rock: If everything running smoothly after the test, if you want I will I put in the "dd-wake mod" your files and your name in the credits. OK ?:yep:

Ciao Desga:yeah:

Ps:
are you able to to rework the bowspray in high quality?