SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   [REL] Operation Monsun (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134922)

Niume 08-24-19 01:00 AM

I advice you to install Fifi's compilation.

Fifi 08-24-19 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randomizer (Post 2624041)
I just started a September 1944 career in a Type IXC/40 and there is no radar detector fitted nor is there any means to add one before departing Flensburg.

Patrol orders are for Square CB15 in the Gulf of Maine and without a radar detector that destination is likely to be suicidal.

All front boats were fitted with radar detectors by this time so what files need to be edited to add them to a Type IXC/40 in Op Monsun, V720 with Patch 5?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-C

Tested it with mod, and have to say starting in Flensburg Sept 44 with IXC40 is fine with any radar avalaible :yep:
Picture of what i get and can choose before mission: just have to drag and drop radar in place

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...0-resultat.jpg

So playing OM stock might be the problem...

Randomizer 08-24-19 03:02 AM

OK, I am using Fifi's mod and drag selecting the radar warning detector worked. This was a surprise since one cannot select torpedoes that show a zero-quantity so there was no reason to believe that selecting a sensor with a zero-quantity would actually work.

My error, thanks for setting me straight. Now if there was only the means to prevent the radar from activating automatically when surfacing and to retract the mast when not in use...

-C

Fifi 08-24-19 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randomizer (Post 2624088)
. Now if there was only the means to prevent the radar from activating automatically when surfacing and to retract the mast when not in use...

-C

Not in the plans actually.

Try to remove the radio guy from slot, you will not hear him anymore until you drag him back :yep:
But what’s the mean of complaining you can’t have radar, and you now don’t want it activated? :D :06:

Raising/lowering flags/radars/antennas are not available in OM, nor are not in the works right now, but maybe one day! :)

propbeanie 08-24-19 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randomizer (Post 2624088)
OK, I am using Fifi's mod and drag selecting the radar warning detector worked. This was a surprise since one cannot select torpedoes that show a zero-quantity so there was no reason to believe that selecting a sensor with a zero-quantity would actually work.

My error, thanks for setting me straight. Now if there was only the means to prevent the radar from activating automatically when surfacing and to retract the mast when not in use...

-C

That "0" indicates how much renown it will cost you, so in this case, the detector is "free" to install. :salute:

Niume 08-24-19 10:42 AM

Maybe would be cool to add some cost to it?

Randomizer 08-24-19 03:34 PM

Quote:

But what’s the mean of complaining you can’t have radar, and you now don’t want it activated?
Save the emojis, I never complained about not having radar, my objection was to the apparent lack of an available radar DETECTOR!!!!! There is actually a bit of a difference in that they are not at all the same apparatus and have entirely different functions.

-C

jahwillprovide 08-27-19 04:06 AM

Coming back to this series after a long break and man was I excited to find this. Used to play SH3 a ton back in the day and this really gives me my fix. Currently running OM but I'm about to swap it over to RSRDC + OM + OMEGU. Just sunk 44.000 tons on my first patrol with the Type IX and I am loving this boat so much! Thank you for your work, your mods are an absolute blast. This mod for the Atlantic and TMO + RSRDC for the Pacific are must haves for me. :Kaleun_Cheers:

Fifi 08-27-19 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jahwillprovide (Post 2624473)
Coming back to this series after a long break and man was I excited to find this. Used to play SH3 a ton back in the day and this really gives me my fix. Currently running OM but I'm about to swap it over to RSRDC + OM + OMEGU. Just sunk 44.000 tons on my first patrol with the Type IX and I am loving this boat so much! Thank you for your work, your mods are an absolute blast. This mod for the Atlantic and TMO + RSRDC for the Pacific are must haves for me. :Kaleun_Cheers:

Hummm...wich mod? just OM+OMEGU?
You should try OM+OMEGU+FIFI Compilation to get an other blast IMHO :03:
But it’s only about German side...

jahwillprovide 08-27-19 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2624475)
Hummm...wich mod? just OM+OMEGU?
You should try OM+OMEGU+FIFI Compilation to get an other blast IMHO :03:
But it’s only about German side...

I actually saw your mod recommended for the first time last night so I looked it up and downloaded it but I haven't tried it yet because it was about 3 or 4 am xD Going to give it a try and see what I think today

- Watch Officer now tells the distance to target.

This is the edit that really convinced me to download it because I have to jump back to the map constantly and measure my distance to make sure.

Fifi 08-27-19 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jahwillprovide (Post 2624563)
I actually saw your mod recommended for the first time last night so I looked it up and downloaded it but I haven't tried it yet because it was about 3 or 4 am xD Going to give it a try and see what I think today

- Watch Officer now tells the distance to target.

This is the edit that really convinced me to download it because I have to jump back to the map constantly and measure my distance to make sure.

Wait tomorrow next update before starting new career :03:
This way you will be up to date!

jahwillprovide 08-27-19 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2624576)
Wait tomorrow next update before starting new career :03:
This way you will be up to date!

Didnt see this in time haha
Just had a pretty solid 2nd patrol with your mod added to it and experienced no issues just slapping it on to the load order. Had an absolute blast and was pretty stoked to see all the changes made in the attack map/attack periscope. Fired off a salvo instead of just 1 G7e at the Rose Castle and thank god I did. I surfaced during a storm in the Mid-Atlantic about 1700 meters off that massive tanker on accident because we had no sound contacts and both struck her starboard. Only took 2 shots from the 100mm gun after that and she went to the ocean floor :)

Ill check back tomorrow and update the mod :ping::subsim:

diver56 07-19-20 07:31 AM

Help with the Deck gun

This is a wonderful Modification. But I have Problems with the Weapons. There are none on the Submarines, but the Entries are Correct. In the Game the Weapons do not exist. Can someone help me with this please?

KaleunMarco 07-19-20 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diver56 (Post 2684118)
This is a wonderful Modification. But I have Problems with the Weapons. There are none on the Submarines, but the Entries are Correct. In the Game the Weapons do not exist. Can someone help me with this please?

Diver,

This mod is no longer being actively supported.
Those of us who wish to play SH 4 in the ATO, play Dark Waters. DW is the next generation of OpM and much of it is OpM but many of the issues have been remedied as well as enhanced. Check it out.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=243322
:Kaleun_Salute:

propbeanie 07-20-20 06:03 AM

... and the big thing about applying (and removing) mods is to be sure and either empty the Save folder (Users / UserName / Documents / SH4), or use MultiSH4 and create a new Save folder. :salute: