SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [INF] sobers Subsim Bonus Mega Mod All In One 1421 20072017 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192374)

jason8888 06-08-12 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1894526)
Here is how to set up NewUIs with TDC for SH5 by TheDarkWraith .
When you extract it you will have multiple folders . Click on them until you find a folder called MODS . In the MODS folder there will be 10 sub folders . Put these in your MODS folder in SH5 . Before you enable them look at NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Applications .
Set the options viewer up and adjust your options . Also read the instructions for setting up real navigation in the NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_Real_Navigation mod . Once this done then enable which of the 10 sub folders you want to use including the main mod NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith .
Should be clear as mud .

QUESTION FOR YOU sober I installed everything but the real navigation mod. And when im patrolling now looking for something to sink I no longer see any trails of the enemy ships before I visually spot them. According to my settings I think I should have trails still or am I supposed to manually run the hydrophone now ? It seems im only finding ships by visually spotting them now.

THE_MASK 06-08-12 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason8888 (Post 1894889)
QUESTION FOR YOU sober I installed everything but the real navigation mod. And when im patrolling now looking for something to sink I no longer see any trails of the enemy ships before I visually spot them. According to my settings I think I should have trails still or am I supposed to manually run the hydrophone now ? It seems im only finding ships by visually spotting them now.

No hydrophone on surface mod .

jason8888 06-08-12 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1895168)
No hydrophone on surface mod .

thanks

bossfrog 06-09-12 02:10 AM

WOW

My head is spinning. An chance this might become a single download that can simply be unzipped to the SH5 folder?

THE_MASK 06-09-12 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bossfrog (Post 1895286)
WOW

My head is spinning. An chance this might become a single download that can simply be unzipped to the SH5 folder?

NO .

SgtPotato 06-10-12 08:12 PM

I followed through Sober's mod list in order (some mods that sober recommend isn't installed) and I made an addition with equipment upgrade fix 1.4 mod at last.

So, I created a new campaign and decided to do the patrol in Baltic operation. I went there with time compression, somehow that it kept freezing second by second when I'm getting near to Poland. The game crashed to desktop when the time compression freeze was longer.

Did I caused a mod soup with TheBeast's mod? :hmmm:

THE_MASK 06-10-12 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtPotato (Post 1896015)
I followed through Sober's mod list in order (some mods that sober recommend isn't installed) and I made an addition with equipment upgrade fix 1.4 mod at last.

So, I created a new campaign and decided to do the patrol in Baltic operation. I went there with time compression, somehow that it kept freezing second by second when I'm getting near to Poland. The game crashed to desktop when the time compression freeze was longer.

It might be a mod . Trying to sort it out now .

gap 06-10-12 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtPotato (Post 1896015)

Lately I experienced myself high TC CTD's. I had FX Update, IRAI, New UI's (stock options), Dynamic Environment, and my skycolor fix, all enabled via JGSME on a fresh SH5 install patched with 4gb patch.

I am sure it was not a memory/campaign issue, as I was playing a test mission in the middle of the ocean, at dead stop, and with no unit around my sub. CTD's happened 3-4 times, at 256-512x TC.

I had never experienced such a problem on my system before, but I cannot say that my CTD's were caused by the mods I mentioned above, since lately my CPU/GPU tend to overheat (I am running SH5 a laptop) and my custom mission could have been bugged. Nevertheless, it seems I am not the only one having a similar trouble, as in the last days at least two other people including SgtPotato, reported more or less the same issue... :hmmm:

THE_MASK 06-11-12 12:37 AM

In the last couple of days i have had this problem . I will unenable some mods to try to find out whats happening .

TheDarkWraith 06-11-12 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 1896051)
I am sure it was not a memory/campaign issue, as I was playing a test mission in the middle of the ocean, at dead stop, and with no unit around my sub. CTD's happened 3-4 times, at 256-512x TC.

Test missions are only good for some amount of time. After x time the game always CTDs with them. Don't know why or the exact amount of time that has to pass but it is guaranteed you will CTD in a single mission at one point.

gap 06-11-12 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1896062)
Test missions are only good for some amount of time. After x time the game always CTDs with them. Don't know why or the exact amount of time that has to pass but it is guaranteed you will CTD in a single mission at one point.

Thank you TDW,
for clarifying the matter and throwing light on this custom mission's limit. :)

If, as it is likely, what you are saying applies to my CTD's, then we should conclude that they haven't anything to do with the ones reported by other forum members.

What is weird is that IIRC CTD's evenience was quite erratic, i.e. not especially connected to a given amount of time from the beginning of the mission I was playing. Anyway it wouldn't be the first time that high TC's are messing things in game, altering factors that should be fixed, and randomizing in this case the maximum mission time limit. :hmmm:

One last detail I can mention, just in case, is that I was having the kind of CTD where the first frame of the intro video (a poster showing a girl) is flashing shortly before you find yourself on the desktop.

SgtPotato 06-12-12 07:05 PM

You know, my guts are telling me that the mods were not the problems. Does the Baltic Sea cause the TC freezing and CTDs? :hmmm:

THE_MASK 06-13-12 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtPotato (Post 1896827)
You know, my guts are telling me that the mods were not the problems. Does the Baltic Sea cause the TC freezing and CTDs? :hmmm:

Dont enable the subs on bottom fix .

anzacmick 06-14-12 08:06 AM

gday all,
im hoping someone can help.....
im having trouble getting the Keil terrain update v2 OH2 SH5.....i mean ive got the file:
sobers terrain editor mod (Kiel).rar
but when i get jsgme to load sobers mod profile i get an error about that file.. just wondering if im missing sommet?...

cheers for the fantastic work involved...much apprieciated for your time and effort. Things sure have come aways since I dabbled in this modding shenanigans :o lol ...its almost scary now

saipan 06-15-12 01:14 AM

thanks sober, love the list. i still use an older TDW UI file. list works fine though. keep up the good work. passing information like this is essential IMO.:|\\

Natione 06-16-12 01:47 AM

Thank for this great mod!

minett 06-16-12 10:29 AM

I stopped playing this game due to sorting mods out , you have to rekindled my love for sh5 thanks sober :-)

viri 06-17-12 10:18 AM

hello, two questions:

1 why it is not incluided magnum opus? it is not necessary?

2 it is the order for instalation?

CaptainPogwash 06-23-12 12:06 PM

Thanks for the list! :arrgh!:

stormrider_sp 06-24-12 08:06 AM

Thanks for info sober, I could finally start playing. One suggestion is to host some of the files away from subsim, since there is a 10 DL limit here, therefore one cannot complete his list in a single day, more likely 2 or 3 days.

One thing that keeps happening tho is a CTD caused by Time Compression. I did everything that was on the list, patched, configured the mods and so, but still, after some time playing the campaing missions (not the tutorial), the time compressing gets progressively slower and twitchy to the point of CTD. What I do is saving the game about every 15 minutes, extiting and reloading from there. Every time it reloads, the game feels smooth again. There must be some sort of memory leakage somewhere, which progressively clogs the system. I currently have 8GBs of RAM installed.

One other thing that seemed strange was the behavior of my first pray. At first look its behavior seemed quite impressive to me, zig zagging, so I plot my intercept course acordingly. I dont know if I was indeed detected by this merchant, at long range, 8nm, but he was changing course after a few minutes, totally random, but with no actual destination. I could take it if I knew that he detected me, changing course to avoid my interception, but otherwise, it seems very strange that he was just fishing in hostile waters, in the middle of war! :arrgh!:

cheers