“Run Silent, Run Deep, the Campaign” (RSRDC) is a major rewrite of the campaign layers of SH4 and is designed to overcome the following major “stock” campaign problems:
The various stock “battle” layers (i.e. BurmaJawa.mis, BattleOfMidway.mis, BattleofGuadalcanal.mis, etc) are sub-standard, not only from a ship content point of view but also from a track generation point of view and in my view completely un-reliable from a game play point of view. The reason for this is that these layers are written in a “Scripted” format that is completely unreliable when playing in “Career” mode.
The various Taskforce, Convoy, and Merchant layers that are total devoid of reality.
The mission objectives are sub-standard and need a major rewrite
The Special missions are also sub-standard and need work.
RSRDC solves all these problems
Installation / Compatibility
I do not look at “very possible” mod that is out there. If you load a mod up, after RSRDC or OM and JSGME generates a “conflict” warning and you go ahead and loaded it anyway and RSRDC / OM no longer works correctly, “It is NOT my problem”, so don’t ask me to fix it, because I won’t.
Item1: All “battle” layers have been rewritten from scratch, using ‘Pseudo Random track’ generation. A ‘Pseudo Random tracks is a “random generated” track file that is generates only “once” and along with “hand edited” changes that are not supported by the SH4MissionEditor, will ensure no matter when you start a campaign, the tracks will generate where and when they are supposes to.
Items2: Using the Senji Yuso Sendan Shi (Wartime Transportation Convoys History), by Shinshichiro Komamiya, RSRDC has recreated 1055 convoys from early 1942 to the end of war. (A copy of this document can be found in the support section of RSDRC)
Item3: Using the ‘SH4 Batch Mission Editor v0.4’ and custom script files, ships within the various layers have been recreated and the routes they travel have been change to have zigzags and various speeds. One of the key item is there is virtually nothing left of the stock layers The recreation of the ships within each layer is more realistic for that time of the war, i.e. your not going to see 4 Yamato in the same TF in 1943.
Item4: Every Patrol and Sink Objective file has been rewritten from scratch and now provides more detail information to execute the mission.
Item5: All Stock Special Ops missions have been disabled. New special operations missions are based of actual patrol logs.
Item6: ALL the Japanese Single Merchant / Convoy Layers using the “random radius” approach that I developed for OM.
Major Changes in V5x
- To ensure compatibility with TMO 184 and RFB 2.x
- Since I haven’t changed the spawn rate in awhile, there are major changes to the “single ship” campaign layer. This should make life a little more interesting.
Special Notes/Known Problems:
(a) For those of you who enjoy “reverse engineering”, if you use the SH4MissionEditor on the “Battle” or “Task Forces” layers, under no circumstances make changes or select “ok” in the “Group Properties” window. If you do, you will cause All the tracks within the layer to longer generate correctly. The reason is that I’m making “hand” edits to these files to ensure that the tracks generate “on time”
(b)Because of a design feature that prevents ships from spawning within 20km of ownship, you may see cases were historical events do not correctly generate. So therefore, as an example, if you are 15 to 17nm from the Shortland Islands during the Battle of Guadalcanal, some of the Tokyo Express missions may not generate.
ATOD/Rhonen - ATOD/Madmax
- USS Enterprise
- Saratoga Class
- Essex Class
- IJN Shinano (original work by Nauticas 42 and upgraded by FOTRS)
- SBD Dauntless dive bomber
- B6N2 Tenzan
- Nakajima Ki-44 Shoki
- Vought F4U-4 Corsair
- Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate
- G4M Torpedo Bomber
- D4Y3 Suisei Dive-bomber
- CareerStart.upc, Flotillas.upc, PatrolObjective.cfg from REAL FLEET BOAT
- Do24 and AM62N.
- For infecting me with CTD (Compulsive Tweaking Disorder), from the days creating my own custom install of SH3.
- Hudson A-28 3D modeling used as the base for the PV1 / PV2
- Hudson Mk3 for Australian RAAF
- SH4 Batch Mission Editor v0.4
shoho Class Light Carrier
miner1436 and DarkFish
- Pre-conversion Mogami Class CA
Nisgeis and tater
- Cha-1 Small SubChaser
- S3D - Silent 3ditor
- F4F and Beaufighter from "Air_Attack_Mod_Part1". Bombs.xxx and Shells.xxx from the library directory. The “BombDummy” loadout to cause aircraft the strafe
Sergbuto and Greg Law
- Kclass cruiser as the baseline model for the Light Cruisers DeRuyter and Java
- Better IJNAF Bomb Loads v 1.1 and modified to support RSRDC
- Campaign.LOC from Improved Campaign Layers v0.70 and modified to support RSRDC
- Jap_Minefields.mis from Improved Campaign Layers v0.63 and modified to support RSRDC
- US_HarborTraffic.mis from Improved Campaign Layers v0.63 and modified to support RSRDC
- CLAgano.cfg, CVTaiho.cfg, DDAkizuki.cfg, MSNO13.cfg, SCSSubchaser.cfg from –
- Improved Campaign Layers v0.62
- IJN Type13 Radar Fix Version 2.0
- IJN DC Mod, v0.9
- Concept of “Stop & Go” ship traffic and Icebergs in the Bering Sea.
- Better IJNAF Bomb Loads v 1.3 and modified to support RSRDC
- IJN DC Mod, v0.92
- XPC from ICL v0.78 and converted into Auxiliary SubChaser
- Real IJN Mod
- New B24/ PB4Y aircraft model
- New Bomb Shapes
I installed this using jsgme and it appears to be working ok. is this the only thing i need? i have the RSRDC_TMO_v501 and the RSRDC_RFB_v575
when i try to install those it says files already altered so i left it alone. just wondering if i need these or are the changes inclded in the first file listed? or am i installing it correctly? the only file i have activated is this one RSRDC_SH15_v550. should i have all 3 activated for it to be installed right? and if so is it ok to overwrite or am i doing it wrong? Thanks for any help...