PDA

View Full Version : Mission crashes, need help.

XabbaRus
07-26-06, 03:52 PM
I am making a new mission but it crashes on loadup. It is to do with the dynamic locations I am sure. If I take them out it works fine. I have made sure they have a unique name but can't figure it out.

Would someone take a look at it?

Travis Reed
07-26-06, 04:49 PM
I don't currently use or deal with dynamic locations (yet), however, I would suggest taking a look at how they are set up in some of the campaign missions. Compare to the way you've set yours up and you should find the problem (I would hope).

Fish
07-26-06, 05:25 PM
I use dynamic locations in almost all maps I make, no crashes here?

suBB
07-26-06, 07:48 PM
I am making a new mission but it crashes on loadup. It is to do with the dynamic locations I am sure. If I take them out it works fine. I have made sure they have a unique name but can't figure it out.

Would someone take a look at it?

Haven't used that yet, but i can tell you some things I've experienced that could be related to your problem.

In short I spent about a weeks time isolating a corrupt trigger that was causing my map to crash. Basically I copy/paste this trigger to save myself the keystrokes, and somehow in the process it became corrupt. Once isolated, i deleted it and made a new one, and that fixed the problem.

Another experience i had(maybe i was still green at editing at that moment) was while in DW editor if i minimized it and ran something else(for example msn chat or surfing the net) returning to dw somehow screwed up my triggers as well, meaning i couldn’t save the trigger conditions under the same filename after minimizing and returning to DW. So as safety measures each time i save the map i save it under a different name altogether in a numerical series(including map description) And for milestones ill just name it, then continue on with the series from that point on.

It has crossed my mind but i was seriously thinking about starting a thread for troubleshooting. And in the thread simply post and reply the problems you encounter and what exactly you did to resolve them. This way it will serve as an online troubleshooting reference and you won't have to try and remember everything you have done in the past to fix problems and bugs will encounter now and in the future. Or like me in this case, jot down on a piece of paper of all the problems I’ve had(and there have been a lot fixed so far) but it does me no good when I've lost the very same piece of paper, basically making matters more difficult than necessary in the bug hunting/fix process.

Hope this helps...

FERdeBOER
08-07-06, 05:07 PM
If you are using a mix of dynamic locations with dynamic groups... that's the problem. The game allways crashes when doing this.

There is an exception: if the dynamic group has only one ship/sub/plane/etc. Then, when selecting this platform on the dynamic location there are no problems.

LoBlo
08-07-06, 05:34 PM
Hi XabbaRus. If your still having trouble with this mission I'ld be happen to take a lot at it to see if I can help. Send me a pm.