PDA

View Full Version : trying to start a new campaign from scratch

ober lt lare
05-14-06, 04:58 PM
hi im trying to start a new campaign from scratch and i can understand what im doing wrong can someone here just walk me through the basics just to make a real easy campaign so i can get the hang of it and whats all involved to do it please help me just the walkthrouh will help me enough to do it

ober lt lare

MaHuJa
05-15-06, 12:02 PM
When creating a mission, select campaign mission. Make it, save it, and use the campaign menu in the editor to create a campaign, and include the mission.

There you have a one-mission campaign.

Create more campaign missions, and include them too in the campaign.

When making each mission, there are a few differences from "normal" mission editing. For one, each mission can check the status of triggers in the missions that came before it. Also, if a "key player" platform is destroyed in one mission, and another mission has the same hull ID (Think "SSN21 Seawolf" rather than "Seawolf class") then the platform won't appear. (I don't know if the second time requires the key player flag, but I would assume so.)

The rest of the issues with campaign making should be common sense; things like continuity.

Bill Nichols
05-15-06, 05:07 PM
You can download some instructions from my site (look at the top of the 'Sub Command Custom Missions' page) or download them directly from here:

http://www.subguru.com/Campaign.zip

(The instructions were created for Sub Command, but DW uses the same format)