PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Locations

Fire_Spy
03-22-06, 09:11 AM
After having read the editor manual I still dont quite get how dynamic locations work. Does anyone know how they work?

And what does the checkbox for Key Player do?

Thanks in advance. :)

MaHuJa
03-22-06, 04:08 PM
Dynamic locations come in groups. You assign a group of objects to each group of locations.

When the mission loads, the objects assigned to the group are moved to the locations randomly - i.e. A randomly selected ship of those assigned moved to a randomly selected of the dynamic locations in the group.

(And at the end, other things that check for wether or not the object should exist in the mission... May seem kinda backwards until you get to the point of dynamic groups being spawned later.)

Miika
03-23-06, 02:12 AM
I suggest you practice with dynamic groups first. In short, they are a way of adding random number of random objects to the game. You can manually set them in random areas as well. Check the scenarios made by other players to see how they have done things.

I think the "key player" checkbox is used in campaigns. If the key player is killed during the mission, the campaign will not continue. (Or then it was that all key players are checked after the mission, whether they will exist in the next missions as well... :hmm: )

Hopefully some campaign designer can give a better answer.

Miika

Fire_Spy
03-23-06, 04:36 AM
Thankyou for the info on dynamic locations. I too thought that was what key player was for, so you could have certain platforms from one mission to the next but when i tried to do this it didnt seem to work.

MaHuJa
03-25-06, 02:49 PM
I think the "key player" checkbox is used in campaigns. If the key player is killed during the mission, the campaign will not continue. (Or then it was that all key players are checked after the mission, whether they will exist in the next missions as well... :hmm: )

Key player isn't available unless you designate the mission as a campaign mission - and probaly has absolutely no effect outside a campaign.

And it is a matter of "will not exist in the following missions if sunk in this mission", if I remember correctly. I haven't made any myself, but I think someone from SCS explained as much.