PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Kilo falling on own sword

Bill Nichols
03-13-06, 08:54 AM
I'm building a scenario in which an Improved Kilo (AI) attacks two surface ships.

About 1/2 the time, when the Kilo launches torpedos, one of the torps seems to explode immediately after being launched, sinking the Kilo. :damn: I believe the torps involved are wake-homers (53-65), but am not sure.

I'm running DW 1.03 stock (no mods).

Any ideas?

:-?

Enigma65
03-13-06, 11:01 AM
Bill,

With the use of triggers, can you make the Kilo fire a particular weapon at the targets at a specific time? That way you may be able to determine what weapon is discharging prematurley and thus destroying the Kilo.

Bill Nichols
03-13-06, 01:08 PM
I have a script that makes the Kilo launch SAET torps, haven't seen any problem with those. It's afterward, when the Kilo's AI goes launches additional torps on its own (usually, wakehomers), that the Kilo ends up on the bottom. :hulk:

MaHuJa
03-16-06, 08:03 PM
Doctrine problem? If the doctrines for some reason don't wait until the enable range has been reached... Otherwise it would be an AI screwup, in the hardcoded parts. (A couple wellplaced debugoutput lines should tell)

Bill Nichols
03-17-06, 08:06 AM
Doctrine problem? If the doctrines for some reason don't wait until the enable range has been reached... Otherwise it would be an AI screwup, in the hardcoded parts. (A couple wellplaced debugoutput lines should tell)

I recall there was a similar problem (doctrine) with the Shkval early-on, exploding immediately on launch. Perhaps something similar is happening with the AI's wake-homers?

GhOsT55
03-22-06, 04:09 PM
if u ever watch a han class fire a torp it comes out slow and u have to have the speed of the sub at that time slower than the torp at the time of lanch