PDA

View Full Version : changing course now sir

Kapitan
09-14-05, 11:55 AM
i like sort of real world feel when playing DW i dont use time compression everything is done by the book as you would do in a real sub. reason is i got ample time to do this i have no job and well i got a laptop and DW so why waste it.

so far ive spent 3 days at sea with K157 i headed out to the norwiegen sea for testing after compleating that i recived message make for home so i did only now i got another message ive got to go to the pacific :o

this one single mission will take about 7 or 8 days depending on ice and depth of water ive only transitied the bearing straight twice before and belive me its hard very hard ice can touch the sea floor here (sea isnt deep)

at this moment in time im coming close to novaya zemlya a horse shoe sort of islan in the russian far north this is where nuclear weapons were tested it is also home to the black harbour

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/russian-navy01/artic1course.jpg

the red line and red square indicate where i have come from and the thick blue line indicates the route i am taking to vladivostok

at 33 knots route is about 3,700 miles id say 8 days possibly thats at full speed yet i might have to slow to some where like 6 or 8 knots in some places so it could end up 3 weeks who knows

SquidB
09-14-05, 12:44 PM
who orders your course changes Kapitan, do you have a virtual CO or do you just get bored?

Kapitan
09-14-05, 12:58 PM
i just get bored :D but i take a look at real world news and that kinda gives me the ideas and i put that into my missions rather than having to strain my brain in thinking of new things all the time

Kapitan
09-14-05, 03:55 PM
change of plan again im going the quick way instead of around the houses

the blue line shows my intended course now im nearing in fact im almost ontop of novaya zemlya so instead of going into the kara sea im going straight accross the arctic ocean

the new green line shows my new course

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/russian-navy01/artic1course1.jpg

reason for changing so late:

well shallow water and ice means i probly would have to come back and im not risking it plus id probly have to slow right down if i didnt have to turn back