PDA

View Full Version : setting platform damage

Hellcat
09-13-05, 05:00 PM
I've been tinkering around with the mission builder for a while now and would like to know how to setup a mission with a crippled FFG as the player's ship. I know i can specify damage using the damage script but i'd like to see something random (sorta like what you get after a SSN-19 Shipwreck hits ya) If this is not possible is it maybe possible to create a mission with weapons already in the air? Say maybe an inbound missile thats gonna hit no matter what? (Would set up some random damage right?)

My idea is to set up the crippled FFG in shallow waters in bad weather against a Kilo (a la Star Trek: II Wrath of Khan) and see what I can do.

One final question, where is the documentation for the mission builder? I dont see it in the 500+ page manual and its not in the quick start guide...

Fish
09-13-05, 05:25 PM
The Mission Editor Manual is in your Dangerous Waters folder.
You can make several FFG's with different damage and make a dynamic group, with max/min of one.

Hellcat
09-13-05, 05:46 PM
Thank you Fish, that clears a lot of issues up. I would have thought that my deluxe verison would have that stuff in the main manual, I guess I'm still holding on to the concept that the old Jane's manual's held. The Jane's F18 manual was a piece of art... I miss that developer the most, there was even a A10 simulator in the works that was near completion when they shut down. At least we still have Sonalysts.