PDA

View Full Version : Mission started - but people get kicked (crash)

Krieg-Schwein
09-13-05, 09:06 AM
I have been working on a new mission alternate history NY Harbor and had it working fine but went back and complete redid it cause I didn't like some of the thing and the way the stupid DD's just run ashore with out following the path I provided ..added mnes....lots of mines in a dense area, possibly my undoing? any way..when people try to connect they all get bumped off when it finally starts..I hate to redo the the whole thing I tried removing the mines..no luck..any help appreciate.

also I read int one of the tutorials that every thing needs a waypoint Even stationary land object?? is this even necessary even for a docked ship??

Danke

FAdmiral
09-13-05, 01:20 PM
Unfortunately yes, all platforms need a waypoint !! It's kind of
silly but its the way the game handles the info. Even mines need
a waypoint. Just create a straight line waypoint and give the
non-moving units a 0 speed. The editor is kinda touchy about
how the player sets it up so sometimes it's a trial & error sort
of thing.....

JIM

Krieg-Schwein
09-13-05, 04:20 PM
Mines I can understand because other wise there would not be and field and also radius area but a stationary gun on land ??
any way I have made a waypoint an all objects since and even tried removing mines (" I had a very dense field protecting some ships from torpedos...torps can go over subnets" ) and a few aother things , so what will make it so ather players are kicked off when they connect to the game??thanks

FAdmiral
09-14-05, 03:49 PM
Are you trying to use your mission as multiplayer?
Or are the players getting kicked using just single mission by
themselves?

JIM

Krieg-Schwein
09-14-05, 06:43 PM
Its a MP Mission, I'm getting in OK but not the other players,
I don;t have problems with other MP games, and I have checked out everything making sure it is set as MP number of players Way-points on all objects Etc,

I'm thinking that possibly it was the mines but cause I have a dense field protecting some Docked ships so that torpedo's have about a 50 50 chance of either hitting a mine or hitting a ship, I would use a subnet but torps go Right over them.,
I tried to remove them but it still didn't work?
I wish there was a better way to protect them

if I lower the mines as you suggested in an other post will the torpedo's still hit them ?

I have since restarted the mission but I'm still having problem

Danke
for the help!!

Krieg-Schwein
09-14-05, 07:41 PM
1 more thing I figures out is the the DD will take the straightest path to me coming in to the bay which happens to be LAND as because the bay is curved so I have to take a curve path to get in but the stupid DD's don;t see the land between me and them?
I thought that the AI was supposed to be smart enough to see things like DOCK, LAND, SUBNETS, ETC, the only thing I have seen them ovoid is other ships, I have tried setting them all to Elite but they are still Stupid?

Danke

FAdmiral
09-15-05, 02:42 PM
Main problem with MP is that every player has different mods
installed. Some will not effect MP but some will. I expect that
all players will have to be modded exactly the same to get the
MP to work properly. Can't help you more then that because
I have never created a MP game to test this out....

JIM

Col7777
09-15-05, 04:38 PM
@ FAdmiral,

Jim, just a thought, if you can add way-points to mines, can a single mine be made to look like it has broke loose it's mooring and drifting in the sea?
I know this did happen from time to time, it might be interesting if a ship struck a loose mine or worst still if the player sub hit it.

The Avon Lady
10-10-05, 12:21 AM
What do you mean by "kick"? Do you mean they crash to desktop (CTD)?

If so, I found out that this happens when your mission makes use of a boat or object class that was introduced by a mod, which the player does not have installed.

Could that be your problem? :hmm:

Spike
10-10-05, 12:29 AM
No..I mean when other players join after it finishes loading,the other players are kicked from the game.I don't have any other ships(mods) in,just sound and grapics like airplanes.So I know its nothing to do w/the settings of the map or mods.None of the grapics change important files.Anything I put in,I test to make sure it doesn't mess the game up.The only thing I can think of ,it is some kind of a bug w/the editor.I have read,that other people have had the same problem.But was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this, instead of re-doing the mission again.It seems like it happens after you re-open a mission and make changes.This is not the first time it has happened,look at the mission,it is not a very complicated one,it should work,fine.It might be the order of the way I am doing the changes,that cause it,not sure,see if you can get it to work,it should work.It validates fine.But not able to host it without it kicking the players out,frustrating.

The Avon Lady
10-10-05, 09:23 AM
and the spelling of the mission will not make any difference to anything, you could put Chinese in it and it wouldn't matter
Yes. We knew that. :roll:

Spike
10-10-05, 07:42 PM
Can you give me the order in the way you build a mission,I did it from scatch and it did it again,about ready to give up.Help!

Krieg-Schwein
10-14-05, 09:32 AM
This may be a silly question but are you using the NO CD fix in order to use your computer without Starforce also saving the wear and tear for your DVD?

These are handy files to use cause you can use your game normally in all respects with out Starforce except the missions may have a problem if they were made using these files, if so just use the normal files and load the mission up and re-save it!

I really don't thing that it matters how or what order you do it in.
have you tried to use the mission validater

try starting out with 2 subs and 1 or 2 targets and work your way up
PM me and I'll try to get with you and help to logon to your mission
tonight! and maybe we can figure out why people can't get in!

TigerOmega
10-14-05, 06:18 PM
Sure looks like one of my missions. Is it Tigers? If so I played it many times with no one getting kicked. Mind if I ask where you got it or did you make it yourself?

TigerOmega
10-14-05, 06:27 PM
I had a look at it and it looks to be mine but with added ships. I am pretty sure anyway. If you want the one I made PM me. It works because I played online quite a few times. :up: :up:

Spike
10-16-05, 10:05 AM
I made it myself but liked yours so much I moddified it,w/more ships.Tiger can you make it w/more warships for me,can't get mine to work.Thx.

TigerOmega
10-18-05, 12:21 PM
Sure I'll add some tonight. I'll pm when its finished.

Spike
10-18-05, 02:33 PM
Thx :arrgh!:

w_dongfeng
11-30-05, 10:10 PM
In multiparyer mission, how the usage of the restrict boat type, or use for a the boat of the category type only.
Thanks

Drebbel
12-24-05, 06:58 PM
Look what Santa dragged in for YOU to win !

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=433691

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/2743/prizes2cl.th.jpg (http://img383.imageshack.us/my.php?image=prizes2cl.jpg)

Krieg-Schwein
12-30-05, 12:32 AM
evrery map I make kicks all the players after I pass a certain point for some reason, its real frusterating to have a good game going and evry body gets kicked.
Its not my internet because it always happens when I get so far ahead of the point I started from
Any help appriceted!

meridklt
01-09-06, 10:35 AM
I'm very new to this and don't see where I can stop spawning taking place. If it can be done, could someone explain please.

Spike
02-12-06, 03:47 PM
http://pub.theartofwarfare.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=739&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

booger2005
03-24-06, 02:19 AM
Currently, I'm working on an update to my Leopoldville mission as well as finishing off two brand new historical missions, which I hope to finish off next week (Spring Break) :P

I also have several more historical missions in the planning stages or early works. For one or two, I need to use an AI submarine (will be enemy) to represent a very rare and unusual type that isn't in SHIII (nor would I ever expect it to be). Thanks to the wonderful modding community, there are several options for what I could use. So, which is the most common/best choice?

CaptainNemo12
01-15-07, 05:29 PM
Hi guys,

I downloaded the S-class submarine from Sergbuto's page here:

http://web.telia.com/~u18230645/

After I installed it using JSGME, I decided to create a mission with it. When I validated the mission, nothing was wrong. However, when the mission loading bar was full, the screen went blank and an error message appeared, prompting to close SH3. I made sure that the mission folder had the same name as the .mis file.

What's wrong? Is the S-class known to have some flaws?

CaptainNemo12
01-15-07, 05:44 PM
Is this because there's no Media.cfg configuration file located in the mission folder? If so how can I create one?

CaptainNemo12
01-15-07, 09:43 PM
Well I copied the media.cfg from one of the other folders into the mission folder created. However, the game still crashes despite this. Can someone please tell tell me if the S-class sub is know to have flaws??

robj250
01-16-07, 05:52 PM
Three times this afternoon, while playing my second mission using GWX with the Dec 23 corrections, mods added after that are FurbarsVIIC U201 and Sobers3D Waves. I haven't even got out of Kiel and after 15 minutes (SH3 time) my monitor goes black. I did not have any problems with GWX prior to installing the Corrections and the two mods.

This occurred in a matter of an hour. I cannot figure out why the mission should crash.

Help, Rob

mr chris
01-17-07, 07:08 AM
Hi Rob,
Did you install the 23rd corrections first then the other mods?
If not this might be your problem as the corrections should be installed first then any optional mods.:up:

robj250
01-17-07, 11:05 AM
Hi Rob,
Did you install the 23rd corrections first then the other mods?
If not this might be your problem as the corrections should be installed first then any optional mods.:up:

Yes, The Corrections were installed first, then the other mods. I'm not sure whether Sobers3DWaves is compatible with GWX Corrections.

Additional: I removed the two Mods (Furbars and sober3dwaves) and GWX seems to be operating okay, at least I have made it 1/2 way through the Kiel Canal.

Is Sobers3Dwaves compatible with the Corrections or GWX???

bigboywooly
01-17-07, 12:31 PM
Well I copied the media.cfg from one of the other folders into the mission folder created. However, the game still crashes despite this. Can someone please tell tell me if the S-class sub is know to have flaws??

You can try removing the cam file from the s class
If still no good then try cloning with pack 3d

Jimbuna
01-23-07, 10:36 AM
Is Sobers3Dwaves compatible with the Corrections or GWX???

Apologies for the latenes of my response (your probably already sorted)...I am using Sobers3Dwaves without experiencing any adverse effects :nope:
I agree with BBW :yep: it is probably something to do with the S class sub :yep:

melnibonian
01-23-07, 01:52 PM
Same here as Jim. I'm using Sober's 3D waves and I have absolutelly no problem with GWX.

Rasher
04-18-07, 08:37 AM
Hi

I downloaded a few of the OH Mods and Correct periscope mod for different sub types and installed them through GME. Im using GWX with SH3 Commander 2.7. The mods are not shown when i load the game. I've rolled back sh3 commander before installing them but to no avail. Can anyone tell me if they are compatible with GWX SH3 Commander?

Thanks

Rasher:)

Snacko
05-18-07, 07:28 PM
Never Mind, posted in wrong forum...

Lagger123987
05-19-07, 12:15 PM
How do you make a navel base?

Testus01
05-23-07, 09:04 AM
Hi all,
Using GWX 1.03, any idea why a simple just designed multiplayer mission always crashes after 7 minutes with 3 players in the game (server does not crash) : dates, ship caracteristics ?
A generated mission works fine.
Thanks.

Binky1st
06-14-07, 05:20 AM
You need to make shure everyone in the game has the same mods installed in the mod enabler or it will crash in multiplayer.

Atillium
07-24-07, 05:30 PM
Hi all!

I've got a problem with the mission editor of SH3. I'm trying to make a BB vs BB action. All is well in the editor, the scenario saves ok. After starting up SH3, the mission also runs ok. Up to the point where the first ship gets destroyed. Than the game crashes to desktop. It doesn't matter what ship gets hit first, as soon as the first one goes down it crashes. In any scenario I tried to make so far.

I'm using the latest version of GWX. I've not experienced any crashes or bugs so far in stock or GWX single missions, or in the GC.

Can anybody help me out on this?!

Otto Von Bismark
08-06-07, 06:34 PM
Ummm, ive had this problem before trying to do a custom single player mission on SH3. (I was trying to renact ther battle of Casablanca) although intially it ran well, at some point for no reason it crashed (bout 5 mins into the mission), the only reason for this that i can think of is that i had too many surface units on the map engaging each other (17 DDs, 2 BBs, 1 AC etc) so my system spec may have been too weak to cope. :cry:

Or more unlikey it could be due to the ship model itself. I found that when the American DD units approached Casablanca harbour, it crashed, but once again it could be becuase of the above reason.

hope this may be of help to ya ! :up:

skoodge
07-06-08, 11:36 AM
Edit: Scrub that, the mission works fine on my dad's computer. It's just when I try hosting a LAN game that the error comes up :huh: No idea why though ..? :o

================================================== =============

I tried creating a simple custom map using the editor [following the handbook].
When I "Validate Mission" in the editor it has no errors. It's saved under:
SilentHunterIII\data\MultiMissions\English\sh3test 1
The game file being called: sh3test1.mis

In SH3 [v 1.4] if I go to multiplayer [LAN], create game I can find the mission. However, as soon as it loads it simply appears with the message "The server has quit. Game over!" I also tried loading it without another player but still got the same message.
I've had a little browse of the forum but couldn't find any answers [sorry if I missed them!].
If anyone knows why it may come up with this message I'd be greatful for the help or if there's anything else you need to know I'll try to let you know what I did =]

Thanks.

PaulH513
08-18-08, 10:09 AM
I have been making maps in SH3 (GWX2.1) with the mission editor and have found that if I put in a sunken ship and a sub runs into it, the game crashes. This occurs every time when playing mult-player and I am wondering if anyone else has run across this problem and if so, is there a work around ?....besides not putting in sunken ships. I also notice that when i put in K ships (blimps) they gradually descend until they eventually crash. These blimps have not been fired on, just slowly fall from the sky. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Dietrich
08-19-08, 02:12 AM
I also notice that when i put in K ships (blimps) they gradually descend until they eventually crash. These blimps have not been fired on, just slowly fall from the sky. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Hmmm... do you give them a speed, and if so what is it? I'm wondering if this might be something to do with the fact that the blimp is a modified version of a different unit (probably some aeroplane).

PaulH513
08-19-08, 08:07 PM
Thanks for writing back....I have the blimps set at 90 knots ( which is their max) and like I said, they slowly descend after about 10 minutes, at which time they crash. Forgot to say about the sunken ships ( barricade ships) is that the game crashes when a sub hits a sunken ship that I put into the mission, but does not CTD when AI puts in sunken ships like in the eastern approaches to Scapa Flow. Thanks again for any and all input....much appreciated. PaulH

Dietrich
08-20-08, 03:39 AM
Hmm... the blimp thing is most curious. I'll try to run some experiments and see what I get.

Regarding the sunken ships. Do you have way points set for those ships? You see, what I'm thinking is that is AI wrecks work, but yours do not, then perhaps it is something to do with the way the ships react to a collision. In the normal case (floating ships), if another unit gets too close, they will attempt to move. If the ship in moving reaches its last waypoint it can disappear (de-spawn or delete, that is).

What I'd suggest is that you check to make sure that your wreck is set to 0 knots, that it is checked as a "docked" unit (which disables the anti-collision AI) and that you give it a way point regardless of the fact it isn't going to go anywhere.

The next thing to check is that the wreck isn't too deep. The problem may be because there is some sort of fouling between the wreck and the seabed.

PaulH513
08-20-08, 06:39 AM
You might be on to something with the depth. I have been placing mine completely under water and AI does not. You may have hit the nail on the head with this one. I will check it out ASAP and let you know.

Dietrich
08-20-08, 06:49 AM
You might be on to something with the depth. I have been placing mine completely under water and AI does not.
I wonder how deep the wreck is/looks, if you place it at exactly 0 metres depth. How does your placed wrecks look compared to the AI ones that you said were working?

PaulH513
08-20-08, 07:35 AM
Just made a quick map. Placed 1 Barr like AI does and ran into it...did not CTD. Placed another Barr at -19m (like i normally do) and ran into it and it did not CTD. What I think I need to do now is wait until my other buddies who I play multi with come online and see what happens when they do the same like I just did. Every time when they crashed into it, it CTD. When I played with them, I never ran into the BARR (hmmm..I wonder why.. :) I am now wondering if it has something to do with UBI server. Other than these 2 little glitches, GWX 2.1 runs great and now knowing that there are players/trouble shooters like you that are out there helping sort out problems is terrific.

Dietrich
08-20-08, 11:14 AM
Okay, I'm pleased to hear that it seems to be working. I look forward to hearing what your experience is once you start playing multiplayer online. One of the things might be something to do with the game files of the different players in the session. If it still gives you problems, let me know. Our online group also plays a lot of GWX multiplayer games, and I'm sure we'd be able to do some additional testing for you, if needs be.

ramtuna
12-21-08, 01:23 PM
HI my friend It could be a few different things. I know one . I could not host my missions after i added a 2nd pc to my sys. I got "Comcast "for my ISP. It is a cable tv server. they installed an Ethernet which has a buil in Netgear router built into it. One of the features it has also is somthing called a " My DMZ." When i talked to one of there tech, they told me how to activate it. I do have to activte it each time i go on line.

rsslcs
05-29-09, 01:36 PM
OK, so I made a mission with an objective to sink a liner (Titanic): When I go to the mission menu, it is there, and it loads, but before the mission actually launches, the game CTDs. There is one objective (sink the ship) and an event which is basically a message that says 'you win!' (with a trigger ofc What am I doing wrong? Is it because of GWX? (that might be a very vague question so sorry for that but I know next to nothing about the editor.:DL)

Graf Paper
05-31-09, 05:01 AM
First, I'd try using a different ship instead of the Titanic. It may be that the Titanic has a problem and is causing the CTD.

Check around to make sure you have the latest version of Titanic. I know VonDos re-released several of his ships due to a bug he discovered after cloning original units as the base for creating new ships.

It's also possible that Titanic is not compatible with GWX 3.0, possibly due to diffences in the 'zon' or 'dat' files.

If that still does not fix the trouble, check for these common mistakes, most of which can be found by Validating the mission:

Units are placed too close together
No waypoints set for one or more units. Everything must have at least one waypoint!
One or more waypoints do not have the minimum distance of 1,000 meters (1 km). Waypoints should not be set to less than this.
A waypoint is too close to a unit.
Make sure all player subs have an entry date and time set no later than the start of the mission.
Be certain you have not accidentally checked "Human Controlled" for a unit other than the players' subs.
Likewise, be sure all player subs do not have "Delete on Last Waypoint" checked. Having a player sub disappearing during the game could cause more problems than simply upsetting the player.

You can get the "fixed" version of the SH3 Mission Editor with a Readme.txt on how to install, along with the greatly expanded manual and a Mission Editor Tips document to help you learn most of the Mission Editor's features, here... SH3 Mission Editor v2.zip (http://files.filefront.com/SH3+Mission+Editor+v2zip/;13246976;/fileinfo.html)

I hope this helps you out, rsslcs. Looking forward to many great missions from you in the near future! :up:

rsslcs
05-31-09, 06:51 AM
Thankyou for the help! :salute:

Graf Paper
06-03-09, 02:18 PM
You are very welcome, good sir!

Now I'm curious to know the results. Did you get that broken mission fixed?

matthewlue
06-30-09, 09:29 AM
First, I'd try using a different ship instead of the Titanic. It may be that the Titanic has a problem and is causing the CTD.

Check around to make sure you have the latest version of Titanic. I know VonDos re-released several of his ships due to a bug he discovered after cloning original units as the base for creating new ships.

It's also possible that Titanic is not compatible with GWX 3.0, possibly due to diffences in the 'zon' or 'dat' files.

If that still does not fix the trouble, check for these common mistakes, most of which can be found by Validating the mission:

Units are placed too close together
No waypoints set for one or more units. Everything must have at least one waypoint!
One or more waypoints do not have the minimum distance of 1,000 meters (1 km). Waypoints should not be set to less than this.
A waypoint is too close to a unit.
Make sure all player subs have an entry date and time set no later than the start of the mission.
Be certain you have not accidentally checked "Human Controlled" for a unit other than the players' subs.
Likewise, be sure all player subs do not have "Delete on Last Waypoint" checked. Having a player sub disappearing during the game could cause more problems than simply upsetting the player.

You can get the "fixed" version of the SH3 Mission Editor with a Readme.txt on how to install, along with the greatly expanded manual and a Mission Editor Tips document to help you learn most of the Mission Editor's features, here... SH3 Mission Editor v2.zip (http://files.filefront.com/SH3+Mission+Editor+v2zip/;13246976;/fileinfo.html)

I hope this helps you out, rsslcs. Looking forward to many great missions from you in the near future! :up:

Errr, the link to SH3 Mission Editor v2.zip (http://files.filefront.com/SH3+Mission+Editor+v2zip/;13246976;/fileinfo.html) seems dead....

Graf Paper
06-30-09, 09:24 PM
It seems that FileFront has yet again done another reshuffling of its site. A rather distressing habit the new owners have indulged themsleves in to the point of becoming quite annoying.

I'll try to get that updated Mission Editor uploaded to my Beyond The Shaows account within the next day or two so you can get it, matthewlue.

matthewlue
07-02-09, 04:18 AM
Thank you. :salute:

PL_Cmd_Jacek
10-14-09, 07:55 AM
Hello Graf, because BTS is closed, do you know where could I find Mission Editor v.2 ?

Thanks in advance.

Fahnenbohn
11-13-15, 04:07 PM
Hello everybody,

I don't understand why my multiplayer mission for GWM is not working for my friends. We have the same parameters and mods... Could someone have a look at my mission please ? (PM me)

F.

Fahnenbohn
11-14-15, 04:38 AM
OK. Blackswan helped me (in fact, he corrected himself the errors, what a kind man !), and the mission is working now. :)

Thank you so much !

F.

blackswan40
11-14-15, 09:06 AM
Hi Fahnenbohn as soon as I saw your post I sent you a pm I just wanted to help you sort out your mission problem

regards Blackswan40 salute :Kaleun_Salute:

Fahnenbohn
11-15-15, 05:20 AM
Hey !

@ All Kaleuns :

I am waiting for you this evening on Tunngle to play this hard GWM mission. Cooperation between U-Boots is absolutely necessary ! :ahoy:

F.

http://nsm08.casimages.com/img/2015/11/15//15111511252718069013751692.png (http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=15111511252718069013751692.png)

Fahnenbohn
11-15-15, 05:45 AM
Will YOU be hosting this mission?
What mission is that?

Yes, I am going to host myself. This is my first MP mission : an attack against a large american convoy.

F.

PS : I am using a mod that changes the torpedoes and depth charges settings (more realistic), files located in the Library folder. I don't know if you have to download the mod too.

Fahnenbohn
11-15-15, 05:49 AM
Is this the first time you are hosting on Tunngle?

Please CHECK if you have a GREEN smiley in LOWER RIGHT corner when looking at the Tunngle Main Screen!

Have you?

Refer to: Tunngle (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2313459&postcount=3)

No, I have already tested and improved the mission with another player. All is working fine.

Fahnenbohn
11-15-15, 05:53 AM
But I had only 7-10 fps when I played the mission. I don't know if it was because I was hosting myself the mission. I have a slow computer ... :nope:

Fahnenbohn
11-15-15, 06:13 AM
Hard to believe.

You *MUST* have that green smiley.
Otherwise if YOU host, nobody will see your host-game.

Please refer to the docs I listed for you.

But I have the green smiley ! :DL
I was saying : No, this is NOT the first time I'm hosting on Tunngle.

So, what do you think about the mod and about the 7-10 fps ?

Fahnenbohn
11-15-15, 06:27 AM
FPS low means a slow PC. That means for you that you better have THAT PC run only the host and connect from another machine AND another network (Tunngle needs a unique IP)

Yes, but I was wondering if my fps could be higher if someone else was hosting my mission ... :hmm2:

Lohi
11-16-15, 03:56 AM
I think i might have been one of the other players last night.

Not a successful one unfortunately :(

Fahnenbohn
11-16-15, 05:40 AM
I think i might have been one of the other players last night.

Not a successful one unfortunately :(

Yes, sure, you were ! Have a look here : http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2358842&postcount=12