PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Editor I have ever seen.

ReubenJames
08-26-05, 01:54 PM
For the first time, I see triggers. It's not a great invention but at least not appearing n many many simulations.

I must say, apart from the many many good stuffs DW is offering to us, the ME is perhaps the most comprehensive.

One thing, I feel not fair to DW, many reviews give 6/10 points to DW for graphics. I am afriad that I can't hardly agree. I say 7.5/10. It is definitely way better than Jane's Fleet Command. It is also better than Sub Command. Besides, DW is giving us almost 3 boxes in 1.

I have never seen a manual so seriously prepared as this one, maybe one that compares to it is Falcon 4.0. I still have the 3 binder hard cover manual on my self not for sale. This one, very sincerely prepared.

THANKS TO DW developers and publishers for all your effort and time to offer us this product.

After 8 years in the Airforce, I am glad that I am admitted to the University of Sonalyst for the post-graduate degree in Naval Technologies. Hope you will give me a first honour! :P

timmyg00
08-26-05, 04:06 PM
Seriously, once someone has created a few missions with the ME using all of its logic, triggers, and scripting capabilities, he/she should earn a programming degree! I am finishing up a mission right now, and i feel like i deserve some sort of undergraduate degree...

No complaints though! :lol:

EDIT: Hmmm except that all the user actions are gone :damn:

TG

Fish
08-26-05, 06:41 PM
EDIT: Hmmm except that all the user actions are gone :damn:

TG

We want them back!! :hulk:

Bellman
08-27-05, 02:17 AM
:D Reuben wrote :-

After 8 years in the Airforce, I am glad that I am admitted to the University of Sonalyst for the post-graduate degree in Naval Technologies. Hope you will give me a first honour!

Could'nt have put it better myself. :up:

Ex RAF and 15 years flight simming/ATC/Harpoon didnt prepare me for'''post-graduate'' practical operational naval action.

:lol: 2 1/2 years in SC/SCX/DW and I still stand at first base for Everest. There are guys out there with
a lot of experience - giants. And you know what, the great thing is they help when they can and tactfully
hold their peace when some of us less knowledgeable guys sound-off. ;)

A great sim, fantastic community and and a very supportive, enthusiastic software developer.

Anyways it beats playing with the yellow submarine in my bath, any day. :yep:

ReubenJames
08-27-05, 03:36 AM
"User Action" is new, please tell me what it does. The Doctrine Language and Script is absolutely a genius invention. I pulled out some of the written missions of the campaign last night, for some inspection. To my greatest amazement, triggers are everywhere. Most of them are not attached triggers.

I tell you, I am still learning.

I don't know what possess of me, when I come to Mission Editor. I have played around with many MEs before. The one which I used for the first time is a legacy one from Jane's Combat Series. It's dusted, "U.S. Navy Fighters". The very first Flight Simulation I have got, also the first time I ever used a Mission Editor to create and represent my thoughts. In the years which followed, not many Mission Editors really impressed me, possibly because they lack features that one doesn't have what the other has one way or the other. Perhaps, the closest is Jane's Combat Series "F/A-18".

What I like DW's ME is the Doctrine Language which is basically what one wrote doctrine files for Jane's Fleet Command. There are many operands that so far I have not had my hands-on every one of them. But I have a feeling that it offers much flexibility over the others. The reccurent mechanism is the most useful I say. I am talking about the trigger that can run a script as an action. I would have to look into that.

The Manual is an asset.

Bellman
08-27-05, 06:20 AM
:) Should'nt this thread be housed over at the ''Mission Designers'' section ? :yep: ;)

mike_espo
08-30-05, 07:26 AM
I agree! :know: If you played H3 with their archaic scenario editor, you appreciate how good DW is...... :up: :know:

Fish
08-30-05, 08:58 AM
"User Action" is new, please tell me what it does. The Doctrine Language and Script is absolutely a genius invention. I pulled out some of the written missions of the campaign last night, for some inspection. To my greatest amazement, triggers are everywhere. Most of them are not attached triggers.

I tell you, I am still learning.

I don't know what possess of me, when I come to Mission Editor. I have played around with many MEs before. The one which I used for the first time is a legacy one from Jane's Combat Series. It's dusted, "U.S. Navy Fighters". The very first Flight Simulation I have got, also the first time I ever used a Mission Editor to create and represent my thoughts. In the years which followed, not many Mission Editors really impressed me, possibly because they lack features that one doesn't have what the other has one way or the other. Perhaps, the closest is Jane's Combat Series "F/A-18".

What I like DW's ME is the Doctrine Language which is basically what one wrote doctrine files for Jane's Fleet Command. There are many operands that so far I have not had my hands-on every one of them. But I have a feeling that it offers much flexibility over the others. The reccurent mechanism is the most useful I say. I am talking about the trigger that can run a script as an action. I would have to look into that.

The Manual is an asset.

Pic from SC editor, user action.

http://home.hccnet.nl/wico.p/User%20action.JPG