PDA

View Full Version : What’s the biggest thing you’ve shot down with a MANPAD?

TLAM Strike
08-20-05, 05:07 PM
I got a B-6 Badger the other day.

Nailed a few P-3s.

SeaQueen
08-20-05, 05:43 PM
I just wish you could place MANPADs on land when designing missions.

Pigfish
08-20-05, 11:03 PM
I voted patrol planes. Being 'invisable' with only the sail showing = a turkey shoot if you want with AI.

Kapitan
08-21-05, 01:29 AM
never shot nothing down bar one helo that was taking off a frigate when my SS-N-27 hit so does that count ?

TLAM Strike
08-21-05, 01:55 AM
never shot nothing down bar one helo that was taking off a frigate when my SS-N-27 hit so does that count ?

Not unless you have a shoulder launched SS-N-27! :lol:

Kapitan
08-21-05, 07:09 AM
no the helo wasnt off the deck it was on the deck rotors running waiting to take off

Bellman
08-21-05, 07:19 AM
:D Have never, will never use this feature.

What next a harpoon - gone fishing. :lol:

Kapitan
08-21-05, 07:31 AM
hmmm maybe i should place a helo on deck of a ship fire a friggen missile at it by the time the helo has got one inch off the deeck missile hits

Takeda Shingen
08-21-05, 07:57 AM
Just helos here. That Badger must have been flying pretty dang low and slow.

Winston
08-21-05, 08:01 AM
A few p-3's and choppers. Still I think in the long run there on top for the kill:death ratio. :D

TLAM Strike
08-21-05, 01:46 PM
That Badger must have been flying pretty dang low and slow. He was at about 5000 feet at about 500 knots so it wasn't that easy of a target compaired to a helo or P-3.

Amizaur
08-21-05, 02:34 PM
Sorry that I was not responding but I'm making a home repair (patching, painting etc.) and had computer deinstalled for few days :-).

Shooting down missiles with MANPAD was not possible in stock DW because no missiles had assigned IR signatures, so MANPAD could not detect them and guide. In Luftwolff mod IR signatures are restored to most important missiles and there you can shoot down missiles - if you know where to shoot - 3 deg missile seeker cone mod is used too, so you have to aim carefully :-). Best way to check it is to order a launch of sub launched missile (TASM, SS-N-27) while on the surface and go to sail view to watch it launching. Then when it's in the air, if you are quick you can shoot it down with a MANPAD, you can shoot down your own missile :-).
This is of course possible only in Luftwolff's mod, not in stock DW, ut I hope the missing IR signatures will be corrected in 1.02.