PDA

View Full Version : Liberian Liberation Mission

jason210
08-16-05, 05:25 AM
I don't get this mission! Liberian Liberation Mission. I do everything I'm supposed to do and then, when I start to destroy the group of four huts (not the helipad huts), I get a message saying the mission cannot be completed...

I've photographed both the huts and the helipad. I take out the patrol boat etc etc.

Another thing. I'm using SLAMS to bomb the buildings, but they 9/10 times they don't go off. The shut down and vanish just before they hit the target, or vanish off the screen on the way to the target.

What is happening?

Wim Libaers
08-16-05, 02:29 PM
Known bugs. The missiles don't work right for land attack.

jason210
08-18-05, 04:18 PM
Known bugs. The missiles don't work right for land attack.

Ok, thanks. At least I know I wasn't doing anything wrong. What about this mission though? Anyone managed it yet?

LuftWolf
08-18-05, 04:22 PM
I have fixed the SLAM-ER's.

When Bill posts the v1.02 update to Amizaur and my mod, the mission will work.

Note, your saved games will not be usuable.

Check out the threads on the SLAM-ER fix if you want to do it yourself without the rest of the mod. :up:

Wim Libaers
08-19-05, 02:22 PM
Even with the bug, the mission can sometimes be completed. You just have to be lucky with the missiles, if not too many malfunction, so that you still have enough for the boats that threaten the special forces (take a few mavericks too for those), it's doable. But you do have to be quick with the enemy boats, if you detect them you don't have much time to kill them before they kill the special forces.

Zerogreat
08-19-05, 02:43 PM
The SLAMs mostly fail when you shoot them when you are over sea, they fail when they cross the shoreline... if you shoot them while over ground (or make such waypoints they will come from the "dry" side) the will usually not fail :)

LuftWolf
08-19-05, 02:45 PM
they fail when they cross the shoreline
That is because of their IR seeker.

If that is removed, they will function fine if you reset the middle two waypoints. :up:

Version v1.02 of Amizaur's and my mod should be posted to subguru soon, it contains this and many other changes and improvements. :up: