PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Timmyg00!

MarkShot
08-11-05, 07:58 PM
Timmyg00,

I had some free time today and reread the Tacman. I wanted to thank you for it. Although I don't know why you titled it "Multi-player", as it is a superb guide for SP as well.

It's very funny. I had SC since it came out. At the time, I picked it up along with Steel Beasts. Until that point, I only exclusively played flight sims since 1992 or so. I thought I might try to expand my horizons.

I found SC to be tremendously educational, but in about 3-4 serious attempts over the years ... I never managed to assimilate the proper style of play to be effective or really get excited by it.

For whatever reason, this last effort has totally transformed me. All of sudden, I feel I really understand and appreciate the game. Perhaps, it has been confluence of a number of events:

(1) Since April I grew interested and into WWII subsims ... thus, I had more of a general interest in subs than previous attempts.

(2) My desktop motherboard crashed and given the less than stellar performance of my laptop on 3D games. I decided to install SC and SCXIIC {dual install} and try it again for the three weeks I was without my desktop.

Well, in any case, I have finally arrived as a nuke sub captain.

Thanks once again for your extensive guide!

Sea Demon
08-11-05, 09:18 PM
I second this thanks to TimmyG00. The Tacman is a very useful manual. :up:

Sea Demon

Bellman
08-11-05, 09:42 PM
:up: TimmyG00 did a great job there.

I return to it for reference regularly. It has the hallmark of someone who has had 'hands on'

Two things stand out for me both of which changed the sim. dramaticaly:-
First the display check for NB showed what I'd missed previously.
Second the TMA exposition on lag/lead fans etc was a revelation.

I'm only highlighting two usefull features - there were many more.

Many thanks Timmy.

timmyg00
08-11-05, 10:20 PM
WOW, thanks guys... see what a few months of unemployment will do for ya? :P Can you imagine what I could have done if writing such work was my day-job? :lol:

Feel free to post, or send to me, any suggestions for the DW version of the TACMAN. I figure I won't duplicate any effort on the P-3 side, because there is already a fine manual for that over at Orion Warrior (http://orionwarrior.com/html/index.php)'s Downloads section (P-3 Operational Manual).

I also think we need a comprehensive manual for FFG and SH-60 ops, and not just for the ASW side of things.

Thanks again for the kind words. :D

TG

Kapitan
08-12-05, 01:18 AM
quick quick some one give me the link to his tac manual :D:D

PeriscopeDepth
08-12-05, 01:48 AM
quick quick some one give me the link to his tac manual :D:D

Get it at subguru.

Kapitan
08-12-05, 06:24 AM
thankyou:D