PDA

View Full Version : SCX Team (SCU too) - thank you!

MarkShot
08-04-05, 02:04 PM
It seems I am always late to the party (like they are starting to flip over the chairs and place them onto the tables).

I have had SC since it was released. Tried it a few times, but never really go into it. However, recently I have come to see the beauty of the game and begun playing it seriously. I have also been playing with SCXIIC a bit in the last week.

I can clearly see the improved game play in SCXIIC: sonar contacts don't run down the waterfall display like bloated sausages, good/fast/accurate TMA is a must, the AI evades and attacks better, TA arrays must be handled properly ... and I am sure there is much I have yet to pick up on ... besides all the other playable subs/platforms ...

Well, I wanted to say thank you. It is really a very impressive piece of work and although most of the community is off playing DW, I really appreciate what you have done.

As long as I am remembering my manners, I would like to thank the scenario designers and Web hosters who have also added so much to this game beyond the basic package.

Thanks!

richter111
08-04-05, 04:11 PM
I too must thank all those that have laboured so long and hard to put for the magnitude modifications to this game. It makes all the difference in the world.

THANK YOU

Ric

Bellman
08-05-05, 07:37 AM
:sunny: I agree wholeheartedly. :up:

There are some conjurors out there and the magic in SCX still enthralls. :cool:

As a sub v sub player I feel we have lost out a bit in DW after beeing spoilt with SCX11c.
If the same team wave their magic wand over DW and produce DWX we are in for a real treat. :up: :up: :up:

ReubenJames
08-14-05, 02:36 AM
I had been doing my Flight Simulation career since 1995. From Electronic Arts' USNF to Microprose Falcon 4.0. Then on and off, flying the Flanker until 2 years ago, I retired. Since then, I joined the army. I was a combat veteran of Battlefield 1942, Call of Duty mainly and lately Battlefield 2. When I come home, I serve in the Police Force, doing SWAT 4, very impressive too. But all these are too fast.

I feel naval simulation gives me the opportunity use my patience, which is a virtual sometimes. I love Jane's Fleet Command. It's a bit dated but the playability is aboslutely unbeatable. You are in command of a naval battle, or if the scenario runs, a war. The most delicious part is to have all the eye-candy when you shoot up the resolutions to 1600x1200. I used to play with my cousin's Sub Command a few years back, when the simulation was very actively discussed in SimHQ. Well, sadly I didn't go into it much really because I find it very hard to learn. But after recently playing Jane's Fleet Command, suddenly I feel like playing multiplayer with modern naval vessel. So yesterday, I went to buy Sub Command! :rock: Think I am a late commer as I was with Battlefield 1942. But I like the MP mode of Sub Command.

I also like to take this opportunity to thank every one who has brought us SCXIIc and the mods of Jane's Fleet Command.