PDA

View Full Version : Solo/MP mission : MP6 Harpers chase

OKO
08-01-05, 03:02 AM
***** UPDATED in 1.71*****

Hi all
well ... finally after some month, I'm decided to translate my french missions in english.
I was quite active on the beta test but from the last 5 month, I wasn't very often at home (some real sailing in western europe ...), so my participation was very erratic from the beginning of this year.
But I'm back, and as a great fan of this simulation, I will produce regularly some solo and MP missions.
So, I stop now talking about me, lets talk about the first mission :

-> MP6 Harpers chase (http://okof4.free.fr/missions/DW/MP6_Harpers_chase_v1.71_e.zip) <-

a convoy with a Harper Ferry LSD, a Spruance and a Ticonderoga is trying to pass trough a strait.
In this strait, there is 3 russians submarines (1 KILO, 1 imp KILO, 1 AKULA II) waiting for them.
On the front of the convoy, an OHP is leading the way.
An MH-60 and an Orion are here to help the OHP to detect and attack the russian submarines (also 1 or 2 SH-60 from the Spruance).

Objectives =>
US : sink the 3 russians sub
Russians : sinking the LSD and damaging (more than 10%) the Spruance and the Ticonderoga.

A russian air raid will help the russian sub
It is randomly generated and could include a backfire, su-24, 33 or even a IL-38 MAY, and could come from every side.
This raid will be quite agressive for US aircraft and they better go under the AA umbrella of the convoy to protect themselves.

it's a night mission with bad weather and big sea (4).

Every plateform is scripted, so you can play it from any one.
We had some great MP match on this one but there is 2 problem :

1) there is definitly a problem with ASW missile in MP mission
as soon as you launch a set of them, this will conduct to freeze the game for some time.
=> my solution is, as host, to pause the game until synchronization is coming back : this will need only 15 to 30 sec of pause to resync everybody after an ASW launch.
easy and fast solution, but this problem need to be reported to Sonalyst because it's a MAJOR issue in MP .......

2) A new problem appeared with the patch 1.01
From this patch, Orion seems to have the eye of God =>
As soon as Orion came as close as 15 to 20 miles from a russian sub, he will see them all suddenly !
even if those subs are deep, the Orion will be able to instantly see them and link them 3 in the same second !
you can verify it easily in accelerated time and look at the link number.
quite frustrating and also need to be reported to Sonalysts.
Before the patch 1.01, when this mission was released (in french), I never have had this problem on this mission ... so I think its a new problem.
What does it mean for this mission ?
=> if you play it solo on US side, only the Orion is a good plateform.
On the OHP and on the MH-60, you will see all russian subs, linked by the "magic" Orion after 10 to 15 mn ... not really interesting ... until Sonalysts solve this problem.

in MP, game length vary from 30mn to 1h30mn.
Everything else is in the briefing

if you want more information about it (editing info also) just ask here or at okof4@online.fr

my personnal favorite plateform here is the Akula in solo (or KILO more funny but really more difficult here), the most challenging in MP is the OHP.

Remember ASW missile works great against surface plateform and don't wait to use them as soon as you've got the link from russian airplanes on the convoy.
You should be quite busy on each plateform
enjoy, and comments (whether you like it or not) :yep:
thanks

-> MP6 Harpers chase (http://okof4.free.fr/missions/DW/MP6_Harpers_chase_v1.71_e.zip) <-

next translated mission will be BREST blocus
a pure torpedo mission (2 chineese KILO vs OHP and MH-60), very nice mission for MP knife fight.

EDIT : I forgot to mention =>
my english is quite ... personnal
If one of you, guys, could help me to release "real english" scenario, I will appreciate a lot your help and, of course, will give credit to you.
thanks in advance !

Fish
08-01-05, 05:54 AM
OKO,

I try to reproduce the magical P3, but no luck, he only spotted a emerged sub. The other three he didn't found?
Did not use your map though.

OKO
08-01-05, 06:52 AM
ha ... this is a very strange thing
If you have enought time, please test harpers chase in accelerated time (you need 1 mn in AT to see the problem) in the OHP or the MH60.
The Orion doesn't see the subs before 10 minutes at about 15 miles.
But on Harpers chase, he suddenly saw the 3 sub in some seconds and link them, at to much distance for the MAD, and without sonobuoy.
I'm sure it's the Orion just because the number of the source is always the number of the Orion.
I'm sure there is a new (from 1.01) problem here but I don't know the cause.
And if you choose the Orion as plateform, you will not have this problem.

I will built other map with Orion to dig it.
thanks for your help Fish :)

I forgot to mention :
on debugoutput, there is no sensor or message about orion detecting those subs.

Fish
08-01-05, 09:18 AM
Hmmm, you are right, it found all three in the same second?
Let me guess, something to do with the Orion Engage script?

OKO
08-01-05, 09:28 AM
Oops
you must be right here ...
I forgot made an Orion engage script, askig him to engage the 3 subs ....
Anyway it's not normal he could find the 3 sub this way
I will work on this script
thx very much for your help Fish

OKO
08-01-05, 09:47 AM
you definitly found the problem ...
I change the script and now it works perfect !

the thing to know => NEVER use a "engage" script before the target is already detected by the Orion or it will instantly see her !

very nice support Fish :|\

Now you can choose every plateform on this mission if you play solo, or even US coop game.
Version updated to 1.71

-> MP6 Hapers chase (http://okof4.free.fr/missions/DW/MP6_Harpers_chase_v1.71_e.zip) <-