PDA

View Full Version : sh3 inspector ?

slipper
07-26-05, 01:33 PM
i've seen a couple of posts refering to sh3 inspector, that enables you to adjust the draft on merchant ships, (amongst other things). i've done a search and looked on u-boat net but can't find it , can anyone help. thanks in advance

Marhkimov
07-26-05, 03:31 PM
Yes. I want the SH3 inspector too - it is recommended for the MVP skin mods, but is nowhere to be found... Anyone know where it is?

bobo
07-26-05, 03:48 PM
the only "inspector" for sh3 that I know of is Timetravellers Color Inspector (http://www.delraydepot.com/tt/sh3.htm#colorinspector)
http://www.delraydepot.com/tt/sh3.htm
Info:

SH3 Color Inspector is a GUI program interface for changing game colors for Silent Hunter III. Currently, the program has the ability to change ocean (water) colors. These variables are contained in the \Env .dat files.

New Version 2 available! SH3 Color Inspector v2 allows for changing all 21 different day/night calm/storm/cloudy water colors and densities. Also, you can now change the hex values of all colors right in the text boxes if you wish.

Come to think of it.......he has a crush depth tool that looks like it may even be able to adjust the draft of the U-boat. I don't know if it can be used to modify the draft of merchants though.

Jace11
07-26-05, 05:12 PM
SH3 inspector is a different program.

Er, I have it, but I didn't make it. I can only suggest you ask the creator if you can try it out. He spent a lot of TIME coding it, so it isn't my place to pass it on without his permission. Sorry, however if you find him and ask him you never know...

Try and PM him.

bobo
07-26-05, 05:13 PM
**EDIT**
So am I outta line Jace? If so I apologize, I removed the link.

Marhkimov
07-26-05, 11:09 PM
So does that mean I'm outta luck if I want to alter the draft of the C3 Cargo to 12m? How would I go about doing that???

BTW, that is what the MVP skin mods suggests... But it says to use SH3 inspector, whatever that is...

Duncan Idaho
07-26-05, 11:53 PM
the only "inspector" for sh3 that I know of is Timetravellers Color Inspector (http://www.delraydepot.com/tt/sh3.htm#colorinspector)
http://www.delraydepot.com/tt/sh3.htm
Info:

SH3 Color Inspector is a GUI program interface for changing game colors for Silent Hunter III. Currently, the program has the ability to change ocean (water) colors. These variables are contained in the \Env .dat files.

New Version 2 available! SH3 Color Inspector v2 allows for changing all 21 different day/night calm/storm/cloudy water colors and densities. Also, you can now change the hex values of all colors right in the text boxes if you wish.

Come to think of it.......he has a crush depth tool that looks like it may even be able to adjust the draft of the U-boat. I don't know if it can be used to modify the draft of merchants though.

I use the Crush Depth tool a bunch, I don't recall seeing an option to adjust anything other than crush depth, and range. I think that's all it does.

Edit: Actually, looking at it now, it DOES allow you to change draft, as well. :)

slipper
07-27-05, 02:33 AM
jace, is there any chance you can tell us who the creator is ? this tool is recomended in the merchant variety pack (mid to late war), but i cant find any record of who made it or where it may be, maybe then i could ask him directly, thanks again for all your replies.

timetraveller
07-27-05, 06:09 AM
i've seen a couple of posts refering to sh3 inspector, that enables you to adjust the draft on merchant ships, (amongst other things). i've done a search and looked on u-boat net but can't find it , can anyone help. thanks in advance

Hey Slipper, and guys,

Yes, it does exist, the SH3 Inspector. I wrote a couple of programs for file tweaking for myself and the modding group, so as to make the tweaking a little easier. They have been used some in the creation of the large scale mods, like Rub, etc., and the one you mentioned apparently.

So much of this value tweaking is going on by everybody, and the interest seems to be high for it, and with the difficulty some have using the hex editor, I don't suppose that it matters if it gets out at this point.

http://www.delraydepot.com/tt/sh3sdk.htm

Another program exists called SH3 File Analyzer, which is rule driven, allowing many file value tweaks, many more than Inspector.

Sorry, but I can't offer support for these programs. And you must use them at your own risk as they modify game values which may crash your game.

The programs are written in Visual Basic 6. Note that certain European versions of Windows XP have problems with entering decimal values (the German version of XP was one, I believe). I think this was because the European XP versions in question were not compatible with the old VB.

Enjoy.

TT

slipper
07-27-05, 11:17 AM
TT, been at work thanks for the prompt reply, and for uploading sh3 inspector, will give it a try tomorrow, once again much appreciated

Jace11
07-27-05, 11:48 AM
Well, they are great tools, very user friendly, lots of game variables open up with them. Have fun