PDA

View Full Version : Shore Batteries..Indestructible?

Barbarossa
07-24-05, 11:47 PM
just making some custom missions, installed 2 small costal defenses. Shot after shot on these, from the deck gun on the u-boat, did nothing. Decided to put in a type 34 destroyer, shelled them for approx 12 minutes, still no damage.

Does anyone know a way to set some kind of damage quotient for these things ?

or mod them so they are destructible ?

thanks

Seaboy
07-25-05, 11:06 AM
put 8 BBs around them and see what happens. If they survive - its certain they can't be destroyed.

Wolf52
07-25-05, 11:12 AM
Try a battleship. :rotfl:

Lane
07-25-05, 04:18 PM
What Shore Batterys ? You mean there are SB's in game?

Guess I need to surface in middle enemy port check it out ?
Do they fire cruising near coast or have be in enemy port?

Lane :D

Detritus
07-25-05, 10:35 PM
There are guns allright, with searchlights to boot. And yes, they will definitely fire at you if you get spotted. Scapa Flow and Loch Ewe at least have them, that's for sure. Can't remember any in Gibraltar, though, for it being very foggy the one time I dropped by there. Would be kinda odd if there weren't any. Casablanca and Freetown seem to be devoid of guns- been in both a number of times and haven't seen any.

Barbarossa
07-25-05, 11:44 PM
well, back from the war zone. Looks like shells just clip right on through the shore batteries. Even the small ones, which are open faced with 2 men manning a gun, just are transparent to gunfire.

on a whim , suggested above, i put the Bismarck about 2000 meters from shore. She shelled them for 15 minutes, not a scratch .

the effect of the shells clipping through the batteries, gives the illusion of a miss. easily mistaken.

Anyway , to change this? or is this law of the land for sh3 land objects ?