PDA

View Full Version : Crew qualification in crew_config*.cfg

Skweetis
07-18-05, 01:01 PM
just curious which QualificationN=N is for what qualification...

for example, I think I have figured out that 0 is Watch, 4 is helmsman, but I get lost from there?

Are there any resources out there that any modders have compiled that defines this stuff?

Any input is appreciated.

thanks,
Jamie

August
07-18-05, 02:13 PM
just curious which QualificationN=N is for what qualification...

for example, I think I have figured out that 0 is Watch, 4 is helmsman, but I get lost from there?

Are there any resources out there that any modders have compiled that defines this stuff?

Any input is appreciated.

thanks,
Jamie

That's the first time i've seen that value. Below is how it should read.

NrQual=1 <-- This is the number of qualifications they have. Warrant officers 1 and Officers up to 3
Qualification0=4 <-- This is the first qualification. Both officers and warrant officers use this line
Qualification1=3 <- This line and the next are only in officer configs. Omit when building a warrant officer config
Qualification2=7

Skweetis
07-18-05, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I guess to clarify,

For example
Qualification0=0 means that that crew member's first qualification is Watchman
Qualification1=4 means that that crew members second qualification is Helmsman

and so on. What I would like to know is which value represents which qualification...

so far I have figured out:

0 = Watchman
1 = ???
2 = ???
3 = ???
4 = Helmsman
5 = ???
6 = ???
7 = ???
8 = ???

Im not at home currently, so I cant test it out by playing with the values to see what I get. I was hoping that someone might know what values are for what qualifications so I can edit the files here at work, and send them home to use. Basically I just want to mod the crew_configs for my own custom rounded out crew.

James

August
07-18-05, 02:56 PM
Qualifications

0= Watch
1= Gunner
2= Flak
3= Sonar
4=Helms
5=Machine
6=Torpedo
7= Medic
8=Repair

Skweetis
07-18-05, 03:03 PM
You tha man, August! thanks a bunch!!!!

James

August
07-18-05, 03:05 PM
You tha man, August! thanks a bunch!!!!

James :up:

scimitar
07-19-05, 12:42 AM
Can a Petty Officer have more than 1 qualifications ?

Beery
07-19-05, 09:39 AM
Can a Petty Officer have more than 1 qualifications ?

He can - if you use SH3 Commander to award a second one, but the second qualification won't do anything.

JScones
07-20-05, 05:21 AM
He can - if you use SH3 Commander to award a second one, but the second qualification won't do anything.
Actually, for Petty Officers, extra quals *are* recognised in the game in much the same way as the three officer quals are. I think BladeHeart confirmed this in his testing. And it stands to reason, 'cause I modelled the same logic when implementing the extra PO quals! The impact/effect of these extra quals is still based on the actual rank of the PO as it should be, and as it is with single qual POs.

It's quals for sailors that aren't recognised in the game (yet), but, as you know, that could be fixed by a basic.cfg tweak ;)

Beery
07-20-05, 11:00 AM
Actually, for Petty Officers, extra quals *are* recognised in the game in much the same way as the three officer quals are. I think BladeHeart confirmed this in his testing.

I've tested it, and my tests show that it doesn't work. The guy we have in RUb 1.42 with the two qualifications (watch and steering) doesn't have any added effect on the compartment efficiency for his second qualification (steering if I recall correctly). The extra qualification is recognised in the game, in that it shows up, but it doesn't seem to do anything, as far as I can see.

It may be that I've had some weird glitch that prevented it from working both times I tested it directly, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work. Another alternative is that it only doesn't work with steering - I haven't tested other compartments. The other possibility is that pre-assigned extra quals don't work.

Grunt
07-22-05, 09:30 AM
Im having trouble figuring out exactly where the primary crew info is stored.

I see crew_config files in both the "My Documents\SH3\Career" folder and the "Program Files\Ubisoft\SH3" folders.

I tried using the SH3 Commander and it worked great for editing crew but once I started the game I found that the mod had so totally altered the game it became unplayable.

Any suggestions?

Beery
07-22-05, 10:58 AM
The one in C:\Program Files\SilentHunterIII is where the very first crew config files are stored. This is where the game goes to get your crew when you first start a career. The ones in My Documents\SH3\Career are the ones that are used as the career develops.

Grunt
07-22-05, 12:45 PM
Ok, here is what I have.

FILE LOCATION: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Cfg

FILE NAME: "crew_config_VII_1.cfg" I will assume this since I have a new career with a VIIB boat.

Here is the very first crewman, that happens to be my watch officer.
As you can see, I TRIED to make him a watchman/gunner/flak but the changes do not show up in game. Any suggestions?

[CREW_MEMBER_0]
Name=Adolf Carlewitz
Index=5
NrComp=0
Type=2
Grad=6
Renown=0.000000
Patrols=0
Morale=0.800000
Fatigue=0.000000
HealthStatus=0
HitPoints=14.000000
Experience=300
Rank=11
NrQual=1
Qualification0=0
Qualification1=1
Qualification2=2
SpecialAbility=-1
MedalsInx0=-1
MedalsInx1=-1
MedalsInx2=-1
MedalsInx3=-1
MedalsInx4=-1
MedalsInx5=-1
MedalsInx6=-1
MedalsInx7=-1
MedalsInx8=-1
HeadIdx=1
HeadTgaIdx=0
BodyIdx=0
BodyTgaIdx=0
HasHelmet=Yes
HelmetIdx=0
HelmetTgaIdx=0
VoiceIdx=1

senjorlossi
07-26-05, 09:13 AM
Maybe set the value

"NrQual=1"

to "3", as you want to assign 3 qualifications?

Can´t check it right now, but maybe it´s worth a try.

Beery
07-26-05, 09:45 AM
That will work.