PDA

View Full Version : SH3 VID - different AI units stroll into a big minefield O.o

Type941
07-15-05, 06:22 PM
http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/6291/dken7ei.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK (http://www.edgefiles.com/files/20371.html)

Ok, few things I have to say before you watch it.

1. It's a TEST movie mainly, to see how Fraps 2.0 records with new Cat 5.7 drives. On the playback quality, I would like to hear some comments, as I'm evaluating differnt recording options for my 'serious' project.

2. I don't speak german - so I have no clue what the song is about, presumably smth about U-boats. I hope it's not some wacked Nazi propaganda that will be ofenssive, and if there are some words there that disgust people - I'm so sorry. I think it should be ok though, it's from one of the numerous Gramaphone mods outhere for SH3.

3. About the movie - an old style film, no real story, just number of ships that got themselves into a big minefield. The way they get blown out of the water is quite funny - SH3 can't hanle somethings, and ships jump about a little. Gog figure.

4. WHy release this? I think it's better to share it so that I get some feedback on fps/playback issue, if people think it's satisfactory or not. If you seen my BismarckPayback vid, you can compare easily.

5. There won't be anychanges to it - working clips are already erased.

6. It's totally not serious... Enjoy?.. :arrgh!: :zzz:

witchking
07-15-05, 07:47 PM
downloading. I liked ur bismark movie guy. can't wait for more like that. :D :up:

CCIP
07-15-05, 08:47 PM
Hahah, the twitching... oh boy.

In technical terms?

Well, as far as compression - tricky tricky - you cover everything up nicely with that scratchy 'old film' style, so you can't really pick up the compression artefacts - and the black-and-white scheme also seems to help keep the filesize down and quality - up.

I think it'll work really well for a 'historical documentary' movie like your Bismarck project, so no real complaints.

Heh, the auxiliary explosion is the most impressive one.

And if you guys like twitchy things, you'll get a real kick out of this little clip I showed a few modders a couple of months ago...

MOVIE LINK (http://rapidshare.de/files/3092549/Oh_Rodney_.avi.html)

:rotfl:

Wolf52
07-15-05, 09:21 PM
I like how explosions sometimes just start to go down the length of a ship... i remember one time i was deck gunning a c2 right in the middle, and for some reason a fire started on the bow which started spreading down towards the center, blowing up all the planes on top. Once the flames hit the center the ship cracked in half so it mustve hit the fuel. This game is awesome! Cant figure out why the flames started on the bow though... Oh yeah and nice movie! :rotfl:

Bort
07-15-05, 09:36 PM
Do you need DivX to play it?

CCIP
07-15-05, 09:45 PM
Nope. Will run on any windows computer, so long as you can un-zip it. :up:

Bort
07-15-05, 09:50 PM
I can't get it to run. :nope:

Something about not being able to identify the program that created it.

Can anyone help?

Type941
07-16-05, 03:04 AM
it's winrared and it's an MPEG file - therefore you shuold be able to run unless you unzip it - you don't need the codecs. :)

Yeah, the BW masks compression, I'll have to try the color one too, just to compare. :88)

terrapin
07-16-05, 05:24 AM
http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/6291/dken7ei.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK (http://www.edgefiles.com/files/20371.html)

Ok, few things I have to say before you watch it.

1. It's a TEST movie mainly, to see how Fraps 2.0 records with new Cat 5.7 drives. On the playback quality, I would like to hear some comments, as I'm evaluating differnt recording options for my 'serious' project.

2. I don't speak german - so I have no clue what the song is about, presumably smth about U-boats. I hope it's not some wacked Nazi propaganda that will be ofenssive, and if there are some words there that disgust people - I'm so sorry. I think it should be ok though, it's from one of the numerous Gramaphone mods outhere for SH3.

3. About the movie - an old style film, no real story, just number of ships that got themselves into a big minefield. The way they get blown out of the water is quite funny - SH3 can't hanle somethings, and ships jump about a little. Gog figure.

4. WHy release this? I think it's better to share it so that I get some feedback on fps/playback issue, if people think it's satisfactory or not. If you seen my BismarckPayback vid, you can compare easily.

5. There won't be anychanges to it - working clips are already erased.

6. It's totally not serious... Enjoy?.. :arrgh!: :zzz:

Available in the /videos section of our file library also.

Syxx_Killer
07-16-05, 04:12 PM
That's hilarious, CCIP! The crew member on the conning tower of the sub sure looked puzzled. :rotfl:

How'd you get the Nelson BB to do that?

CCIP
07-16-05, 04:35 PM
How'd you get the Nelson BB to do that?

I gave it the weight of a rubber dinghy, and the engines of the Space Shuttle :rotfl:

Syxx_Killer
07-16-05, 05:11 PM
I gave it the weight of a rubber dinghy, and the engines of the Space Shuttle

rofl

:rotfl: :rotfl: