PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on 688/Seawolf narrowband display

SquidB
07-15-05, 02:52 PM
Hope someone can help here.

Obviously the cursor needs to be in the right position to display narrowband traces. Now to find faint ones, whats the best way? Do you just keep scanning the cursor back and forth to pick the faint lines up or what? :hmm:

Any thoughts or advice welcome.

TLAM Strike
07-15-05, 03:48 PM
I scan back and forth with the Freq Scale at about 300 Hz. Remember to scan slowly otherwise you might miss a faint tonal.

Rip
07-16-05, 02:14 AM
Keep your eyes out as you scan for the classifications to show up. Sometimes I see that before I see the actual trace. This also helps me see what freq to look for a trace at(usually the lowest freq that matches with the current classification) :know:

SquidB
07-16-05, 04:11 AM
Thanks for the replys guys. when im doing the search i usually set the freq to 300, its the constant panning left and right thats a pain.

Is there anyway to bind the mouse wheel to the sonar cursor?

Bellman
07-16-05, 05:00 AM
If there is I have'nt found it (yet) . :down:

But some of the Xkeys hardware allows assigning mouse movement to key strokes .
You can set up a pre-determined amount of equivalent mouse vertical or horizontal movement to each stroke. :up:

Catch them at http://www.ymouse.com/xkeys.php :cool:

Bellman
07-16-05, 05:02 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

....their just up the motorway from you Squidy.

SquidB
07-16-05, 05:43 AM
hmm that unit with the shuttle knob looks like the one...tad expensive tho at $229...think ill stick with the mouse for now :lol:

MaHuJa
07-16-05, 07:27 AM
Is there anyway to bind the mouse wheel to the sonar cursor?

You don't want to. The mouse wheel is a stepped thing, and each such step might take you past the contact. Unless you set it to one pixel, in which case you're gonna tire your fingers quite quickly....

(I usually set to 150)

sonar732
07-16-05, 07:51 AM
I might suggest to adjust your screen so that you can see the very dark lines that come up from a distant contact. The TACMAN should have a "template" to accomplish this.

Bellman
07-16-05, 09:21 AM
SquidB,
That would be overkill :down:
The 16 key one will do the trick at a third of the cost and leave you room for some very useful other macros.
But I am sure Xkeys used to do a smaller even less costly keypad which also would do the trick.
Its probably there somewhere but they probably dont push it. ;)