PDA

View Full Version : Excellent mods for casual simmer with patch 1.4b?

jpinard
07-10-05, 10:24 PM
Right now I'm just looking to tighten up the game a bit and maybe add some graphic touches... but only if they're consistent with the graphcis (don't stick out like a sore thumb) and are of course high quality.

I have patch 1.4, so they'd need to be compatible.

So could some of you list a few you think would be good? I'm playing at ~50% realism right now.

Thanks a lot for any pointers and direction! :D

gonzman
07-11-05, 01:44 AM
I use the rasinban dials mod.

Skymod

Wakemod

and the sh3 intereior textures mod,

I believe all are availible on the downloads section of subsim.

The Avon Lady
07-11-05, 02:08 AM
Activated mods shown on the right.

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/3821/007io.jpg

The only mods that affect gameplay are Real Uboat, Airpower (in Real Uboat but this is an updated version), the 3 UnRUb mods, that restore original several original game settings and the Improved Convoys Mod.

The rest are eye and ear candy.

Children, do not stick candy in your ears or eyes without the presence of a parent or guardian! :nope:

jpinard
07-11-05, 02:17 AM
WOW The Avon Lady! I didn't realize all those existed! What does internal life mod do?

And all the mods you're using actually "improve" the already great looks and sounds of the game, or just add variety (like Juju's mod and the merchant variety pack)?

jpinard
07-11-05, 03:14 AM
Activated mods shown on the right.

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/3821/007io.jpg

The only mods that affect gameplay are Real Uboat, Airpower (in Real Uboat but this is an updated version), the 3 UnRUb mods, that restore original several original game settings and the Improved Convoys Mod.

The rest are eye and ear candy.

Children, do not stick candy in your ears or eyes without the presence of a parent or guardian! :nope:

Why aren't you using Ail's Hi-Res Moon mod or his Wake Mod?

The Avon Lady
07-11-05, 03:23 AM
Why aren't you using Ail's Hi-Res Moon mod or his Wake Mod?
The JSGME told me that the same files were already updated by the RUb mod.

Looking in the RUb documentation, I found:
Added new wake graphics. Mod by Ailantd. (data\Misc\siaj.tga, siaj_nave.tga, siaj_submarin.tga)
Added smaller moon. Mod by Ailantd. (data\Textures\TNormal\tex\moon.tga, moon_256.tga)

Hmmm..... I want the bigger moon. I'll put it back in! Ain't the JSGME great?! :up: :up:

The Avon Lady
07-11-05, 03:26 AM
WOW The Avon Lady! I didn't realize all those existed! What does internal life mod do?
Look here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/9091085392/m/4941055433). :up:
And all the mods you're using actually "improve" the already great looks and sounds of the game, or just add variety (like Juju's mod and the merchant variety pack)?
Both, as I categorized them above into those that affect gameplay and those that improve the game's visual and audio effects.

jpinard
07-11-05, 03:27 AM
Is his (Ail's) particle effect pretty good?

The Avon Lady
07-11-05, 03:36 AM
Is his (Ail's) particle effect pretty good?
Defintely, as answered on the other thread.

If you have a low-end PC and graphics card, you may notice some heavier than usual overhead with the Particle Mod.

Again, try it and see.

jpinard
07-11-05, 03:44 AM
OK will do. Thanks!

Rubini
07-11-05, 08:11 AM
The Avon Lady,

Are you that have a very , very good site about Operation Flash Point, no? I use that site all the times when I go back to OFP! Good and great job! (Sorry for this of topic).

Greetings,

Rubini.

The Avon Lady
07-11-05, 08:23 AM
Are you that have a very , very good site about Operation Flash Point, no? I use that site all the times when I go back to OFP! Good and great job! (Sorry for this of topic).
All you have to do is click on the WWW button under my post to find out. :hmm: