PDA

View Full Version : Radiolog 'lite' and 'heavy' mod 1.4 *update* 21.10.2005

KaleuBauman
07-08-05, 08:44 AM
I've been trying to d/l the "heavy" version for three days now, and I keep being told that I can't d/l the file from my IP because of too many downloads or some such. Any way around that?

Catfish
07-08-05, 09:06 AM
Hello Irishred,
you must have taken part in this german "9te Funkmod" project, this is the message mod i'm currently using (for it is in german as it should be ;) . I did not have repeated messages here, so what is changed regarding the (english) radiolog mod ?
Greetings,
Catfish

irishred
07-08-05, 12:28 PM
I've been trying to d/l the "heavy" version for three days now, and I keep being told that I can't d/l the file from my IP because of too many downloads or some such. Any way around that?

Let me try another website:

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1U7A79M2UVB792GO9CGIFA7ZY3

For those of you who can't use rapidshare, try there.

Hello Irishred,
you must have taken part in this german "9te Funkmod" project, this is the message mod i'm currently using (for it is in german as it should be . I did not have repeated messages here, so what is changed regarding the (english) radiolog mod ?

No, I had nothing to do with the German version at all, except part of the English translation is present, but thats as far as it goes. As for repeating messages, there shouldn't be any, but I can check the log again to make sure re-transmission times are turned off.

irishred
07-08-05, 09:44 PM
Updated version of the radiolog mod included March 1941 is now available.

http://rapidshare.de/files/2911851/radiolog.zip.html

and here if you can't use rapidshare:

http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0O2I7QHYPW5643ITSXCV9LGMMV

Note: I've gone though and changed and double checked all the message broadcast and they are now all set to '0' or in other words - broadcast once, so there should be not more repeating messages at all. However, some messages are large enough that I've had to split them into multiple parts, so these are not repeating messages. As always, if you spot any errors please let me know so it can be fixed.

Enjoy.

KaleuBauman
07-09-05, 02:17 AM
Thank you much :)

gonzman
07-09-05, 02:24 AM
I've got the radiolog lite installed and in Sep 1939 i recieve a message about engaging French ships, then a little bit later i get the same message but it's only a shortened form.

irishred
07-09-05, 02:33 AM
I've got the radiolog lite installed and in Sep 1939 i recieve a message about engaging French ships, then a little bit later i get the same message but it's only a shortened form.

Radiolog (lite) version fixed so no rebroadcast. Available here and first post.

http://rapidshare.de/files/2915142/radiologlite.zip.html

Btw: re: French ships thats not a repeated message. That is supposed to be there.

R Hardman
07-09-05, 04:33 PM
Outstanding !!!!!!!! This has been very well timed since my patrols have been 3-4 months behind the heavy versions message traffic. Thanks! :up:

Syxx_Killer
07-12-05, 08:32 AM
I just downloaded the lite version yesterday. I like it! It is better than the stock messages. I was on a long patrol, and in March '43 I got a long message. Part of it was cut off. Is there a way to flip the page to view the rest of the message?

turbidite
07-12-05, 10:24 AM
In related topics, has anybody managed to get the radio messages out of the "aces of the deep" ressources files ? That would make a nice addition to the radiolog. The format looks like nothing i know - it is probably encrypted in some ways.

irishred
07-12-05, 06:10 PM
I just downloaded the lite version yesterday. I like it! It is better than the stock messages. I was on a long patrol, and in March '43 I got a long message. Part of it was cut off. Is there a way to flip the page to view the rest of the message?

You wouldn't happen to know which message this was? Some of them are rather large and are sent in multiple parts.

irishred
07-12-05, 06:20 PM
In related topics, has anybody managed to get the radio messages out of the "aces of the deep" ressources files ? That would make a nice addition to the radiolog. The format looks like nothing i know - it is probably encrypted in some ways.

Yep, several AOD messages are present in the radiolog file:

19391002 1130 19391002 2005 0 100 20 @Bdu@^Officer only^|1939/10/02|All darkened ships in the whole area off the east coast of Britain and the whole of the French Coast may now be attacked on sight and without warning. Darkened ships encountered off the British and French coasts can be assumed to be either warships or auxiliaries. Complete freedom of attack against these vessels is permitted between 44 degrees N. and 62 degrees N., and 7 degrees W. and 3 degrees E.

19391004 1730 19390903 2005 0 100 20 @BdU@^Officer only^|1939/10/04|U-boats are permitted to attack, without warning, enemy merchant ships which are observed to be armed, or which are listed by the Naval Staff as being armed, or which commence firing from unobserved weapons. The area in which darkened ships may be attacked without warning is extended to 15 degrees W. U-boats are still required by the Führer's order to save the crew of any ship they sink, providing it can be done without endangering the U-boat.

19391013 2145 19391013 2200 0 100 20 @U-42@^BdU^|1939/10/13|BE 3535. Sinkings...

19391016 1731 19391016 1800 0 100 20 @BdU@^U-45^|1939/10/16|U-45 Report.

19391019 2020 19391019 2100 0 100 20 @BdU@^Officer only^|1939/10/19|The area in which darkened ships may be attacked is extended to 20 degrees W. Ships are not to be boarded for examination. They may be stopped by gunfire, and their papers examined, but must be sunk only with torpedoes. U-boats are not to engage in gun actions with merchant ships.

Syxx_Killer
07-12-05, 06:22 PM
This was the message that couldn't fit all the way onto the paper:

19430305 0300 19430305 2300 0 100 60 @BEF. UNTERSEEBOOTE@|1943/03/05|With the exception of two or three doubtful cases, enemy information about the position of our U-boats appears to have been obtained mainly from extensive use of airborne radar, and the resulting plotting of these positions has enabled him to organize effective diversion of convoy traffic. We were slwo to realise the technical possibilities of ASV Radar and our counter-measures lagged behind.The frequent appearance of the expression 'radio-located' in the British situation reports complicates our problem of finding the convoys by means of patrol lines, which until now has been our main method. With the object of taking every means of concealing patrol lines from teh convoys, as soon as enemy airborne radar has been identified, all boats are at once to dive for 30 minutes.|BdU

Another thing I am wondering is, and I don't mean to offend you, but are the typos historically accurate, too?

irishred
07-12-05, 07:05 PM
This was the message that couldn't fit all the way onto the paper:

19430305 0300 19430305 2300 0 100 60 @BEF. UNTERSEEBOOTE@|1943/03/05|With the exception of two or three doubtful cases, enemy information about the position of our U-boats appears to have been obtained mainly from extensive use of airborne radar, and the resulting plotting of these positions has enabled him to organize effective diversion of convoy traffic. We were slwo to realise the technical possibilities of ASV Radar and our counter-measures lagged behind.The frequent appearance of the expression 'radio-located' in the British situation reports complicates our problem of finding the convoys by means of patrol lines, which until now has been our main method. With the object of taking every means of concealing patrol lines from the convoys, as soon as enemy airborne radar has been identified, all boats are at once to dive for 30 minutes.|BdU

Another thing I am wondering is, and I don't mean to offend you, but are the typos historically accurate, too?

LOL No, I copied and pasted that from the S.O. AOD site, I didn't even notice. There are probably a few more messages like this, so if you get any more cutoffs with no continuations please let me know.

Lanzfeld
07-13-05, 03:36 PM
I added radio lite by using the mod enabler but I still dont get messages. :shifty:

Any ideas?

irishred
07-13-05, 03:39 PM
I added radio lite by using the mod enabler but I still dont get messages. :shifty:

Any ideas?

Radiloglite only has mesages for changes in standing orders - meaning you could go months without getting any messages.

turbidite
07-14-05, 03:26 AM
Yep, several AOD messages are present in the radiolog file.

I copied and pasted that from the S.O. AOD site,

I'm not sure we are refering to the same source. The standing orders that were published in one website a long time ago are not extracted from the game for most of them but from books. I was wondering about all the submarine traffic in AOD - you managed to decode this ? i would like to know how you've done it.

There are several other informations hidden in AOD files like convoy routing.

irishred
07-14-05, 12:00 PM
Yep, several AOD messages are present in the radiolog file.

I copied and pasted that from the S.O. AOD site,

I'm not sure we are refering to the same source. The standing orders that were published in one website a long time ago are not extracted from the game for most of them but from books. I was wondering about all the submarine traffic in AOD - you managed to decode this ? i would like to know how you've done it.

There are several other informations hidden in AOD files like convoy routing.

Yes, I've run AOD and typed out the messages into word,h owever some of the messages for AOD I've found, were actually issued and I later changed them to llow for the historic orders. Examples:

AOD Order:

BdU. Darkened ships encountered can be assumed to be warships or auxiliaries. Complete freedom of attack against these vessels is granted in the area out to 7 degrees West.

Actual Order:

All darkened ships in the whole area off the east coast of Britain and the whole of the French Coast may now be attacked on sight and without warning. Darkened ships encountered off the British and French coasts can be assumed to be either warships or auxiliaries. Complete freedom of attack against these vessels is permitted between 44 degrees N. and 62 degrees N., and 7 degrees W. and 3 degrees E.

This was taken from The U-Boat War in the Atlantic, HM MoD, Pp. 42, Vol. I

So yes the AOD orders are there, they have just been a little revised. :D

irishred
07-15-05, 02:59 AM
Latest version adding April/41 is now available, get it here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/3071218/radiolog441.zip.html

terrapin
07-15-05, 03:15 AM
Latest version adding April/41 is now available, get it here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/3071218/radiolog441.zip.html

...and in the /Mods section of the SH3 file library section of http://U-Boot.Realsimulation.com aswell... :D

Wiesel1971
07-15-05, 04:32 AM
:arrgh!: very nice work !!!!

gdogghenrikson
07-15-05, 04:11 PM
any plans of updating radiolog light version

irishred
07-15-05, 05:54 PM
any plans of updating radiolog light version

Other than fixing the cutoff problems with a few of the messages nothing is currently planned - What do you have in mind?

gdogghenrikson
07-16-05, 03:02 AM
I dunno

Sawdust
07-16-05, 07:52 AM
What happens to radio messages that occur during the time that elapses while I am in port upgrading my U-boat?
Will they arrive on my departure or do they never get heard?

irishred
07-16-05, 10:44 AM
What happens to radio messages that occur during the time that elapses while I am in port upgrading my U-boat?
Will they arrive on my departure or do they never get heard?

Never get heard, I've thought about using Beery's SH3 commander however to add them to the Orders page.

irishred
07-16-05, 06:49 PM
German translation removed pending quality testing.

terrapin
07-16-05, 07:00 PM
German translation of heavy version added on 1st page.

Urgent PM inbound!

irishred
07-17-05, 03:10 PM
Since many people have expressed an interest in translating this mod into other various languages I've decided to upload the log in a monthly format.

http://rapidshare.de/files/3134720/monthlog.zip.html

This Has 1939, 1940 and the completed parts of 1941 and 1942 in a month format, as it is probably easier to edit smaller portions than all at once, this is open to anyone who wishes to do so.

irishred
07-20-05, 12:59 AM
File has been updated to now allow May 1941.

Get it here - http://rapidshare.de/files/3197882/radiolog541.zip.html

Note: Some of the goodies present are messages from Iron Coffins and the famous Bismarck orders.

U-1966
07-21-05, 11:01 AM

Note: Some of the goodies present are messages from Iron Coffins and the famous Bismarck orders.

I love this mod! It really brings the sim to life! Excellent work.

I just wish you would use something other than "Rapidshare", as many of us cannot download from there. Unless of course we pay and become "premium" customers.

terrapin
07-21-05, 11:16 AM

I love this mod! It really brings the sim to life! Excellent work.

I just wish you would use something other than "Rapidshare", as many of us cannot download from there. Unless of course we pay and become "premium" customers.

Hey...I've mirrored all radiologs since the first version at http://U-Boot.Realsimulation.com - if you can't find it just do a search at the file library

gdogghenrikson
07-21-05, 03:24 PM
I have never had a problem downloading for rapidshare and im not a member

just click the icon at bottom of page

Hawkers
07-22-05, 08:51 AM
Just wondering how long it will take you to cover the duration up to the end of hostilities (for the 'heavy' version). Would be using it now, except that my current career is already up to June '41.

Anyway, M8 - it's a great mod! :up:

Hawkers :up:

irishred
07-23-05, 02:01 PM
Just wondering how long it will take you to cover the duration up to the end of hostilities (for the 'heavy' version). Would be using it now, except that my current career is already up to June '41.

I'm still working so it might be a few days to a week, however in recent light of events concerning this seewolfe mod I might just yank the project and release it when it is complete.

joea
07-23-05, 03:08 PM

I'm still working so it might be a few days to a week, however in recent light of events concerning this seewolfe mod I might just yank the project and release it when it is complete.

That sucks... :x I fully support you and your hard work. Hope to see it when it's done.

The Avon Lady
07-23-05, 03:11 PM

Don't give up the ship! :nope:

Please. :cry:

CCIP
07-23-05, 03:17 PM
As much as I sympathise and share your frustration, I think the simple fact now is that, since that release has gone gold, they can't steal any more from you than they already have. :(

I surely hope you keep up the work. It's a valuable mod, really.

Egan
07-23-05, 04:34 PM
As much as I sympathise and share your frustration, I think the simple fact now is that, since that release has gone gold, they can't steal any more from you than they already have. :(

It is also my favourite mod. Just wanted to say that..... :up:

irishred
07-23-05, 04:48 PM

That's actually a good point, so I guess it really won't matter if there is more released or not. In that case the updates will continue, but with a non-commercial use clause of course.

CCIP
07-23-05, 04:54 PM
Of course. If anything, all of us have learned that lesson by now. If anything, I'd sign off my mods to Terrapin - at least his policy assures the one thing we're ticked about here.

Anyway - indeed, by valuable I mean that it's definitely a must-have and must-follow. Can't wait 'til 1943 since that's where most my campaigns tend to be :up:

KodiakPA
07-24-05, 01:08 AM
Irishred please keep up the great work, I don't leave port without it.

irishred
07-24-05, 01:11 AM
June and July have now been added, don't hold me to it but by Friday I hope to have the rest of 1941 done, as the months of Aug, Nov and Dec shouldn't take long at all. New version is now available here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/3305328/radiolog6741.zip.html

As always there are lots of new goodies, including more Iron Coffins messages.

Enjoy.

(Note: There has also been a disclaimer added to the documentation file, so by use of this mod you fully agree not to turn around and use it for commerical use without prior consent.)

raumden
07-24-05, 04:50 AM
Excuse me if this was asked/written before, but is there a german language version of your mod available ??

:up:

irishred
07-24-05, 10:13 AM
Excuse me if this was asked/written before, but is there a german language version of your mod available ??

Not a complete translation no, but there is a German version available on the Ubi forums.

terrapin
07-24-05, 02:59 PM
June and July have now been added, don't hold me to it but by Friday I hope to have the rest of 1941 done, as the months of Aug, Nov and Dec shouldn't take long at all. New version is now available here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/3305328/radiolog6741.zip.html

As always there are lots of new goodies, including more Iron Coffins messages.

Enjoy.

(Note: There has also been a disclaimer added to the documentation file, so by use of this mod you fully agree not to turn around and use it for commerical use without prior consent.)

Now also up on Terrapins site

/Steve (posting from the main office box)

U-52
07-27-05, 06:57 AM

Not a complete translation no, but there is a German version available on the Ubi forums.

Yes, I never tried to translate your radiolog, but me and other members from the UBI forum made a german radio-mod, which bases on your very first version (i think september 39 till january 1940) to have a good start. :) We included war-messages (campaigns, victories, defeats etc.), BdU orders, weird u-boat messages (some are really funny, but they are real!) and other radio stuff as irishred uses (ship-sinkings, SOS, SSS, requesting orders etc.). And last but not least coded messages and a enigma simulator.

JG400Pips who now has the lead will release another (the last and final) version after x1´s "seewolves" is out.

Excuse my bad english :know:

The Avon Lady
07-27-05, 07:07 AM
I'm getting messages while submerged at periscope depth.

Reality wise, that shouldn't happen, correct?

Technically, can this be corrected?

irishred
07-27-05, 10:08 AM

Actually this was possible with the two 150 kW transmitters the Germans had early in the war, and later the Goliath unit. However, even if this were to be changed I would not know where to look.

turbidite
07-27-05, 03:38 PM

Some details about what Irishred is talking about :up:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~aobauer/goliath.htm

The Goliath VLF wireless station was located near Calbe a/d Milde (south of Magdeburg). It had to replace the Nauen VLF station (north of Berlin), which antenna system only had 10% radiation efficiency.
Goliath was designed by: C. Lorenz Company.
It used an Alexanderson type antenna (resonant umbrella system, each leg was separately tuned, creating a huge omnidirectional magnetic-loop (H- fields)), and was fully tuneable by means of servo-controls. The photographs had been taken during its dismantling in 1946.
It could effectively generate 1000 kW antenna power, although, for practical reasons, his radiated power had to be reduced to maximal 800 kW.

Some system parameters (full details can be found in this appendix):
Frequency range: 15 - 60 kHz
Antenna-power 1000 kW (total efficiency 50 %)
Antenna resistance (Strahlungswiderstand) @ 15 kHz 75 mΩ ... @ 60 kHz 1150 mΩ
Earth resistance @ 15 kHz 15 mΩ ....@ 60 kHz 65 mΩ

Antenna voltage maximal 200 kV rms
Antenna current (leaving the antenna tuner) 400 A

Its signals could, for instance, be received by submerged submarines near Capetown and/or the straight of Mallaca (Penang), at about 8 - 12 m under the surface (measured from the top of the conning-tower) (see for details pdf page 12) .

NZ_Wanderer
07-27-05, 06:54 PM

Well I bit the bullet and decided to pay, now I got 6 months opf downloading ahead of me without any hassles... :up:

terrapin
07-27-05, 07:04 PM

Well I bit the bullet and decided to pay, now I got 6 months opf downloading ahead of me without any hassles... :up:

All radiologs are always available at http://U-Boot.RealSimulation.com

NZ_Wanderer
07-27-05, 07:22 PM
All radiologs are always available at http://U-Boot.RealSimulation.com

I know, and that's where I usually go first :rock: :rock:
Occasionally tho, something is released while you out of the office and I can't wait to get it :rotfl:

Syxx_Killer
07-27-05, 08:17 PM
I hope you don't mind, but I went through and proofread the radiolog lite version. I also removed an entry that appeared twice. I hope that didn't mess anything up. If anyone is interested in a proofread version here it is:

http://rapidshare.de/files/3417657/radiologlite_PROOFREAD.zip.html

This was the entry that appears twice:

19450502 2100 19450502 2300 0 100 60 @BEF. UNTERSEEBOOTE@|1945/05/02|The situation demands of you, who have already achieved such memorable deeds and who therefore are longing for the end of the war a continued and unabated effort. I demand discipline and obedience. Only through the unconditional execution of my orders will chaos and ruin be avoided. He is a coward and a traitor who now shirks his duty and thereby brings death and slavery to German women and children. The allegiance you pledged to the Führer is henceforth to be given by each one of you to me as the successor designated by the Führer. German soldiers do your duty. The life of our people is at stake.|BdU

irishred
07-27-05, 08:27 PM
I hope you don't mind, but I went through and proofread the radiolog lite version. I also removed an entry that appeared twice. I hope that didn't mess anything up. If anyone is interested in a proofread version here it is:

http://rapidshare.de/files/3417657/radiologlite_PROOFREAD.zip.html

This was the entry that appears twice:

19450502 2100 19450502 2300 0 100 60 @BEF. UNTERSEEBOOTE@|1945/05/02|The situation demands of you, who have already achieved such memorable deeds and who therefore are longing for the end of the war a continued and unabated effort. I demand discipline and obedience. Only through the unconditional execution of my orders will chaos and ruin be avoided. He is a coward and a traitor who now shirks his duty and thereby brings death and slavery to German women and children. The allegiance you pledged to the Führer is henceforth to be given by each one of you to me as the successor designated by the Führer. German soldiers do your duty. The life of our people is at stake.|BdU

Thanks, put on first page. :up:

irishred
07-31-05, 05:01 PM
Month of 8/41 added, more month to be added soon.

http://rapidshare.de/files/3531311/radiolog841.zip.html

U-Cass
08-01-05, 07:44 AM

rulle34
08-01-05, 07:45 AM
Keep up the good work Irished! :up:

irishred
08-01-05, 11:57 AM
Preview of some of the most recent messages added:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8052/1292/1600/SH3Img%401-8-2005_11.38.40_234.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8052/1292/1600/SH3Img%401-8-2005_11.38.32_531.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8052/1292/1600/SH3Img%401-8-2005_11.38.20_265.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8052/1292/1600/SH3Img%401-8-2005_11.38.10_31.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8052/1292/1600/SH3Img%401-8-2005_11.38.57_140.jpg

William Munny
08-01-05, 11:41 PM
Thanks irishred. Your work is fantastic as always. :up:

irishred
08-08-05, 10:36 PM
File updated to include November 1941. Also includes messages for Rubini's hist. ops mod.

Get it here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/3795400/radiolog1141.zip.html

Rubini
08-09-05, 12:10 AM
Hi irishred,

Many thanks to all your work!

I take a deep look in the radiolog mod and find a message about the Bismarck fate wich is with a wrong date. See:

19410525 1150 19410525 1913 0 100 60 @BdU^Officer only^|1941/05/25|Bismarck victim of concentrated enemy fire. All U-boats in Vicinity to search for survivors.

The correct date of the Bismarck fall is May, 27 1941 at 10:39. :hmm:

Rubini.

irishred
08-09-05, 01:54 PM
Hi irishred,

Many thanks to all your work!

I take a deep look in the radiolog mod and find a message about the Bismarck fate wich is with a wrong date. See:

19410525 1150 19410525 1913 0 100 60 @BdU^Officer only^|1941/05/25|Bismarck victim of concentrated enemy fire. All U-boats in Vicinity to search for survivors.

The correct date of the Bismarck fall is May, 27 1941 at 10:39. :hmm:

Rubini.

Thanks, will adjust date in next release.

Kpt. Lehmann
08-09-05, 02:32 PM
Salute Irishred!

Pardon the dumb question.
In the meantime can we just alter the numbers without any ill effect? ...or does it hold hands with some other file that would need to be altered as well?

vois2
08-12-05, 10:38 PM
Any problems to lay on Irishred's radio log/sound mod on top of RuB 1.43 ?

oRGy
08-13-05, 10:29 AM
Ditto'ed...

irishred
08-13-05, 10:45 AM
Any problems to lay on Irishred's radio log/sound mod on top of RuB 1.43 ?

No problems at all with RuB, as the mesages file is untouched by it.

irishred
08-13-05, 10:45 AM
Salute Irishred!

Pardon the dumb question.
In the meantime can we just alter the numbers without any ill effect? ...or does it hold hands with some other file that would need to be altered as well?

Alter the numbers? I'm not sure what you mean by this.

HW3
08-13-05, 12:35 PM
He wants to know if he can change the dates for the message from the 25th to the 27th and not have it effect something else in the game. The answer is, it won't effect anything else.

irishred
08-13-05, 03:57 PM
He wants to know if he can change the dates for the message from the 25th to the 27th and not have it effect something else in the game. The answer is, it won't effect anything else.

Oh yes, that's fine - plan to fix it in the next update.

Kpt. Lehmann
08-14-05, 10:37 AM
awesome stuff Irishred!

Kpt. Lehmann
08-14-05, 10:38 AM
Oh regarding "changing the numbers" I was just referring to correcting the dates involved with the sinking of the Bismarck.

irishred
08-19-05, 03:54 PM
File updated to allow partial completion of December, more to follow in the next few days.

http://rapidshare.de/files/4158926/radiolog124133.zip.html

irishred
09-13-05, 09:07 AM
Hi all,

I realize I haven't updated the files in quite some time, and I'm just stopping by to say this project isn't dead and I'm not giving up. I've become engulfed with a lot of work lately so I haven't had much time to work on it lately but I do plan to continue.

BTW re: CCIP - I also decided to expand upon the files I was going to send you so it might take a little longer, my fault - sorry.

Rubini
09-13-05, 09:26 AM
Hi irishred,

Nice to 'see' you again. In the last Ht mod I include your radiolog 'lite' with the new HT radio calls because a lot of people asking me about it. (the last HT overwrite the messages_en.txt file...).

But when I was working with the stock radio messages I notice that I never saw some messages that are in there. So I realize that is necessary to put the correct @FROM@ ^TO^ heading for all the messages to the correct function ( which is missing in the majority messages in the stock one).

After that I open your radiolog 'lite' and see that in the majority of the messages you only have the @FROM@, not the ^TO^ heading. Is that ok?

Rubini.

oRGy
09-14-05, 10:12 AM
Interesting Rubini - for some reason I was getting lots of messages in 39 but hardly any now I'm in late 40. Just a message that a new base is in Lorient.

Also irishred, for the 'lite' version (and also the heavy one), would it be possible to add historical distress messages from u-boats throughout the war?

It was a good touch in AoTD and made you realise something of the nature of the war to hear about your "kameraden auf see" being sunk at an increasingly depressing rate.

irishred
09-15-05, 05:25 PM
Interesting Rubini - for some reason I was getting lots of messages in 39 but hardly any now I'm in late 40. Just a message that a new base is in Lorient.

Also irishred, for the 'lite' version (and also the heavy one), would it be possible to add historical distress messages from u-boats throughout the war?

It was a good touch in AoTD and made you realise something of the nature of the war to hear about your "kameraden auf see" being sunk at an increasingly depressing rate.

Yes I thought about creating a "medium" version which was basically lite with these messages, however I don't think I'd have the time to do that - if someone wanted to volunteer to do it then that'd be great.

irishred
09-15-05, 05:26 PM
Hi irishred,

Nice to 'see' you again. In the last Ht mod I include your radiolog 'lite' with the new HT radio calls because a lot of people asking me about it. (the last HT overwrite the messages_en.txt file...).

But when I was working with the stock radio messages I notice that I never saw some messages that are in there. So I realize that is necessary to put the correct @FROM@ ^TO^ heading for all the messages to the correct function ( which is missing in the majority messages in the stock one).

After that I open your radiolog 'lite' and see that in the majority of the messages you only have the @FROM@, not the ^TO^ heading. Is that ok?

Rubini.

This is fine - I originally left that out since almost all of the messages in the lite version are addressed to the player's sub anyway.

Kpt. Lehmann
09-16-05, 01:22 PM
S! Irishred.

I love your work.

I followed the link under your signature to download.

Is Radiolog1141 the most current version?

mikaelanderlund
09-22-05, 12:32 PM
Hi,

Can sombody explain this for me. I getting a lots of messages in 39 but nothing in 40. Why??

Mikael

oRGy
09-23-05, 01:59 PM
Same for me.

Irishred, are you sure that not putting the ^TO^ field is ok?

vils
09-26-05, 04:10 AM
iu suspect something here.. as soon as i get an radio message, game crashes to desktop.

Im sorry but i have to revert to an older version of this great mod until investigated further..

irishred
09-26-05, 07:24 AM
Hi,

Can sombody explain this for me. I getting a lots of messages in 39 but nothing in 40. Why??

Mikael

Which version of the radiolog are you using?

irishred
09-26-05, 07:25 AM
Same for me.

Irishred, are you sure that not putting the ^TO^ field is ok?

In the lite version this is fine since all the messages are directed @ the player's boat.

irishred
09-26-05, 07:25 AM
iu suspect something here.. as soon as i get an radio message, game crashes to desktop.

Im sorry but i have to revert to an older version of this great mod until investigated further..

Are you using any of the Das Boot sound mods?

vils
09-26-05, 07:52 AM

Are you using any of the Das Boot sound mods?

After testing with stock-game msg-log i get same crashes, so this mod isnt cause of it, but maybe das boot sound mod is?!

Strange, havent stumbled across this earlier..

Kpt. Lehmann
09-26-05, 08:07 AM
Irishred... Which Das Boot Sound mods conflict or cause CTD's? I've never heard of this.

vils
09-26-05, 08:37 AM
with risk of leaving the topic abit, i have investigated, and as soon as i get a radio message, game crashes, and i hear no das boot sounds anymore as i did before (when i get a radio message that is, rest of sounds is still there and working properly), even if i reinstall the DBmod. And the soundfile is there under speech.

*curses* cant play the game now, im totally clueless.

EDIT: Thanks oRGY.. This particulair file was cut. I could play it in winamp but apparrantley the game couldnt, so i just copied the good ol' sailor steve's file back on it, and now it works. Abit scary though, maybe its time to do that MAJOR disk cleaning, sigh.. took 4 days to defrag the disk last time.. ohwell..

irishred
09-26-05, 01:14 PM
Irishred... Which Das Boot Sound mods conflict or cause CTD's? I've never heard of this.

I think the ony that is compatible is the sailor steve DB sound mod, as the others replace the sounds played when a message is recieved and cause the game to crash.

oRGy
09-26-05, 02:13 PM
Sounds like the soundfile for playing when you get a radio message is corrupt/crappy.

Make sure its 44khz, 16bit, mono, pcm. Use goldwave or even sound recorder in windows to get it right.

I forget the name, though.

mikaelanderlund
10-02-05, 03:42 AM
Hi,

Mikael

Which version of the radiolog are you using?

Hi

I am using version 124133.

Mikael

Charlie901
10-04-05, 11:50 PM
Hi irishred,

Rubini.

This is fine - I originally left that out since almost all of the messages in the lite version are addressed to the player's sub anyway.

Has anyone confirmed that messages still occur, even with only the:

@FROM@, not the ^TO^ heading?

Rubini
10-05-05, 09:33 AM
Charlie901,

Yes, like irishred said the radio messages will work even without the @FROM@ or the ^TO^ heading. If you don't put the first heading - @FROM@ - you just don't get the "name" of who send the messages to you. If you don't put the second heading - ^to^ - you always will see your boat (U-125 for example) as a receiver for the message. So the radio messages will appears even without the headings.

But I have another useful infos about radio messages:
1. A radio message only will appears if the player start the mission before the schedule date for that message. So if you are in base when that message would be send then you will not see them.
2. The properties 0 = transmit once or 1 = transmit until received are very important. Look, if you are submerged (more than periscope depth), and the game send you a radio message you don't will receive anymore if you use "0". But if your message have the "1" as soon as you go to surface (or periscope depth) you will received the message. I also notice that the radiolog_proof have all the messages with "0". So if you are submerged you will never see them...

Hopes that you understand me (my bad english... :cry: )

Rubini.

Charlie901
10-05-05, 10:47 AM
Charlie901,

Yes, like irishred said the radio messages will work even without the @FROM@ or the ^TO^ heading. If you don't put the first heading - @FROM@ - you just don't get the "name" of who send the messages to you. If you don't put the second heading - ^to^ - you always will see your boat (U-125 for example) as a receiver for the message. So the radio messages will appears even without the headings.

But I have another useful infos about radio messages:
1. A radio message only will appears if the player start the mission before the schedule date for that message. So if you are in base when that message would be send then you will not see them.
2. The properties 0 = transmit once or 1 = transmit until received are very important. Look, if you are submerged (more than periscope depth), and the game send you a radio message you don't will receive anymore if you use "0". But if your message have the "1" as soon as you go to surface (or periscope depth) you will received the message. I also notice that the radiolog_proof have all the messages with "0". So if you are submerged you will never see them...

Hopes that you understand me (my bad english... :cry: )

Rubini.

English fine :D

Very good Info :up:

If a message is set to: "1 = transmit until received"

Will it repeat indefinatetly once you surface or will it go away once it is successfully received, one time. Also if your surfaced during time of Radio message does, "1 = transmit until received", cause the message to repeat continously?

Thanks Again!

Rubini
10-05-05, 01:11 PM
No, If the message is set for "1" it's sending until you receive the message. You never will receive the same message twice.

Rubini.

Charlie901
10-05-05, 10:49 PM
No, If the message is set for "1" it's sending until you receive the message. You never will receive the same message twice.

Rubini.

oRGy
10-06-05, 08:01 AM
Interesting info Rubini. I'll check the IuB messages_en and set most of them to 1.

irishred
10-06-05, 09:11 AM

Rubini.

Actually setting them all to 1 can cause repeating messages, like getting a message 3 times in a short period of time. This is why all the messages are set to only transmit once.

Rubini
10-06-05, 12:52 PM
irishred,

So, we have not the same results with radio messages. I work with them recently because I made a 30-40 news messages for milk cow mod and test they a lot. But perhaps I'm wrong. Could be a good idea some more peoples also look for this issue and post their comments here. If the things are how I post this will be good for SH3. :up:

If I have some news about this I will post again.

Thanks,

Rubini.

Charlie901
10-06-05, 01:13 PM
Re: Repeating Messages

Could this be due to the:

Time (Begin Transmision)
Time (End Transmision)

If you set the above time only a minute or two apart will it prevent those unnecessary REPEATING messages from occurring?

Rubini
10-06-05, 01:33 PM
Nope.

If you put little time it's the same to set to "0". Probably will send only one time...If the scheduled dates/times already gone the message will not send anymore...

Make some tests youself about this issue and post here. ;)

Rubini.

Rubini
10-06-05, 04:54 PM
One more info: I play the stock game a lot (to make the mods) and never see a repeated message. In the stock radio messages files they are all set to "1"!!??

Rubini.

1shmael
10-07-05, 05:23 PM
Really great job on this. It will definitely add more to the immersion factor. We really appreciate your hard work!!! :up:

If I use radiolog with RUB, can I actually come to the aid of uboats reporting convoy traffic and task forces?

If radiolog contains reports from real-world sinkings, it would seem possible to build a convoys mod that insures ships and convoys are in the locations reported via radio. Has this been done? Is it being done?

irishred
10-07-05, 08:46 PM
Really great job on this. It will definitely add more to the immersion factor. We really appreciate your hard work!!! :up:

If I use radiolog with RUB, can I actually come to the aid of uboats reporting convoy traffic and task forces?

If radiolog contains reports from real-world sinkings, it would seem possible to build a convoys mod that insures ships and convoys are in the locations reported via radio. Has this been done? Is it being done?

No, it is just for atmospheric effect only.

Good news is though I've started editing the file again so keep a look on this thread in the coming days.

gdogghenrikson
10-07-05, 08:48 PM
Good news is though I've started editing the file again so keep a look on this thread in the coming days.

cant wait :up: :rock:

1shmael
10-07-05, 11:43 PM

If the radio reports are historical, some enterprising mod maker ought to build a campaign world around the radio reports. This way, convoys would actually be present at the times and places radio reports indicated they were present. The radio would then actually have the same use for us as it would have had for UBoat captains at the time. This would indeed be the closest thing to time-travel as we can hope to experience!

joea
10-08-05, 03:58 AM
Well wouldn't be a dynamic campaign anymore then.

1shmael
10-08-05, 06:35 PM
Well wouldn't be a dynamic campaign anymore then.

Yes it would. Because not only do you go to sea at different times every time you play this game, you get ordered to different parts of the world. Even if every convoy that ever crossed the Atlantic were represented faithfully, the odds of your encountering the same set of ships in the same place at the same time in the same weather conditions with the same UBoat and the same crew setup a second time, would be astronomically small.

Futhermore, ship movements of which we have no record can be represented by random elements.

Ishmael
10-09-05, 03:05 AM
Hey, who is this guy above me and why is he trying to steal my name? Just kidding 1shmael. welcome to the forums.

1shmael
10-09-05, 05:01 PM
Hey, who is this guy above me and why is he trying to steal my name? Just kidding 1shmael. welcome to the forums.

I've used the name Ishmael for years online and, it seems, for the same reasons you have chosen it. Moby Dick is my favourite novel of all time.

irishred
10-21-05, 01:06 PM
Newest update now available - includes entire month of December.

http://rapidshare.de/files/6573963/radiolog1241.zip.html

Enjoy.

Kpt. Lehmann
10-22-05, 08:17 AM
OOOooooh! Awesome!

Irishred Rocks! :rock: :rock: :rock:

GlobalExplorer
10-24-05, 04:25 AM

If the radio reports are historical, some enterprising mod maker ought to build a campaign world around the radio reports. This way, convoys would actually be present at the times and places radio reports indicated they were present. The radio would then actually have the same use for us as it would have had for UBoat captains at the time. This would indeed be the closest thing to time-travel as we can hope to experience!

I have thought about doing that recently. A radiolog and a set of completely new .mis files would have to be generated before every mission. Should be absolutly no problem within the structure of SH3.

The biggest problem would be that the radiolog cannot be updated automatically once you have sunk a contact, i.e. you would still be given contact updates to chase TargetXy though you just sunk it. The system is simple not responsive enough.

Maybe the only solution to this would be to have the campaign generator run in the background and generate things on the fly, but this could lead to crashes when both applications access files simultaneously.

tennozan
11-20-05, 10:09 PM
Is 1241 the most current version available?

Irishred - thanks so much for this historical mod - the immersion factor goes way up with these radio messages coming in.

I just finished reading Iron Coffins and I was wondering if you were going to add in some of the more disturbing messages like U-boats final messages and BDU inquirys being unanswered?

Thanks again!

Lane
11-22-05, 01:41 PM
About Radio messages I guess we are talking about written text messages not Radio wave files?
Would this mod interfere with RUB or Commander I can't remmber
which one genarates the radio Text messages
Another dumb Question from :rotfl:
Lane

joea
11-22-05, 03:44 PM
This is the text messages no interference with the radio broadcasts.

JXP
11-26-05, 02:16 AM
Hi Irishred,

I corrected lot of messages from your last Heavy Radiolog. Do you want send my work for next edition ?
(I add couple of messages from IUB and HT)

Alan
12-06-05, 03:53 PM
Thanks this is VERY usefull..Nice one :up:

tennozan
12-07-05, 04:18 PM
I would cherish having a new version with more messages! I'm now in October of 1942 and BDU has been so silent as of late. I'm a fan of your work Irishred and I hope you can craft some more for us soon! :lol:

irishred
12-10-05, 11:12 PM
OK sorry about the long delay, I'm in the home strecth of a semester right now so I can def. promise updating will began within the next seven days, can't say when it will be posted however as I've got a lot to catch up with.

@JXP: sure you can upload it if you want, but be advised these messages are based off historical ones and perfect english is not found in the real logs I have actually obtained. This is somedue due to the use of short signal, and other abbreviations.

But don't let me stop you, just link it here and I'll edit it to the 1st post.

Mad-h
01-24-06, 09:01 AM
Hey. I don't know if it was mentioned before, bu what about getting some radio messages like new orders. So you get new orders from bdu, for example to go to a new patrol grid, sightings of convoys, and stuff like that. There are convoys and ships that have determined routes, so we just need the exact date where the convoy is at an exact location, and get this new patrol grid as a radio message. It does not changes the real mission objective, and we couldn't get any renown for it, but would be fun, and would make patrols more interesting. We should get these messages rarely, so like one or two messages during a patrol. This would also make a patrol last longer. I don't really like the patrols that last only a few days, getting to the patrol zone, patrolling it for 24 hours then going home. It's a bit boring, especially if there are no encounters. It also would fix that problem with milk cows, that after docking we have nothing to do.
Imagine that you finish patrolling your grid and you are heading home, then you get a new order with a new patrol grid. You take out some ships, then head to a milk cow to rearm. Heading back to your grid when you get another order, another patrol grid. It would make long patrols, and i like patrols that last at least one month, not only 10 days. What all you think about it? I think it would be an interesting addition to the other radio messages that we have now. :roll:

Sailor Steve
01-24-06, 02:09 PM
I go to the patrol zone and stay there until I'm low on fuel or out of torpedoes. Why would you go home after one day? Also, there's no reason not to go where you know the convoys are.

The Radiolog mod only contains actual historic messages, so there probably won't be one telling you to go somewhere else unless you're driving one of the boats they actually sent such a message to. One time I just went to a better Grid, and put in my log that BdU had ordered me to!

Mad-h
01-24-06, 04:51 PM
Wrong topic i guess. :nope:

irishred
02-27-06, 01:06 AM
Just a quick update to Radiolog fans out there.

I've become very bogged down with work lately, but the project is not dead.

I'm currently in the process of assembling a small team to complete the project, if anyone is itnerested please PM me.

SciFi25
05-03-06, 02:50 PM
Any news on updates???

Sailor Steve
05-03-06, 08:29 PM
:sunny:

CptGrayWolf
05-05-06, 03:58 AM
Sailor Steve what's that mean? :P

Heavy Radiolog 1939-45...SHIII would be a complete sim for me!

Sailor Steve
05-06-06, 12:11 PM
Somehow I missed SciFi125's post. It was a reference to IrishReds's saying that work was continuing and there would be more in the future. I should have quoted Irishred first.

but the project is not dead
:sunny:

GreyOctober
05-06-06, 12:14 PM
With all due respect sir, SPIT IT OUT! :D

Sailor Steve
05-06-06, 12:14 PM
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

irishred
05-06-06, 12:51 PM
Sorry for the long wait but my semester ends next week, meaing I should have ample time (thenext three months) to to work on the radiolog.

GreyOctober
05-06-06, 12:55 PM
Sorry for the long wait but my semester ends next week, meaing I should have ample time (thenext three months) to to work on the radiolog.

Thank god sir, you just avoided mutiny! Mr. Steve was to be the first to be linched :P Close call Steve!

Anxiouslly awaiting now :smug:

http://www.reuniting.info/images/anxietySM.jpg

Deamon
10-20-06, 10:42 AM
Greatings gentleman,

know someone where i can get that heavy radiolog mode, preferable in german language ?

Deamon